Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REC (short for recording)

5 posters

Go down

REC (short for recording) Empty REC (short for recording)

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm

REC is about a news crew who go to see what a firehouse is like.  Or something.  Anyway, the main girl, Angela, and her cameraman, Pablo, end up interviewing firemen.  Then they get a call about a woman in her apartment screaming, and they let the TV people go with them to check it out.

When they get there, they go up to the lady's apartment, and she spazzes out and bites one of the firemen.  Then they go back down to the lobby or whatever you call it, and they're locked in.  Cops surround the building and won't let anyone out.  The only explanation they're given is that a health inspector will get there soon.

The health inspector tells them that there's an infection in the building.  It's spread by saliva.  Whoever gets it goes postal and wants to bite everyone.

So the rest of the movie is just about the dwindling group of noninfected people and them trying to get out.

It's in Spanish, so there are subtitles.  You don't miss anything though.  Has anyone noticed how long Spanish words are?  By the time you've read what the people are saying, they're just getting started.  LOL.

It's all shot by Pablo, the camera guy in the movie, so you only see what they're filming for their TV show.

This is the movie that inspired Quarantine.  I've never seen that, because I heard it sucked, but I think it has a similar plot.

There is some slight nudity.  But not like the sexual kind.  One of the scary people (I think it was female because of the long hair and boobs LOL, but it's hard to tell with the monsterness of it, and it was dark.) is wearing nothing but underwear.  Nothing major though.

If you ask me, this is the scariest movie of all time.  Seriously.  I don't know what it is that made it so terrifying, but I'm still shaking like crazy.  My heart was pounding the entire time, and I screamed a lot. Neutral And I'm not the type that gets scared easily by movies.  Afterward, I took a shower and didn't even wash my face because I was too scared to close my eyes.  Yeah.  I'm a freak. Razz
But then again, my dad will say The Exorcist is the scariest movie he's ever seen, and my brother will say The Blair Witch Project.  I've seen both, and neither are that scary.  *shrugs* So you guys may watch this and walk away unaffected.

You have to see this.  It's awesome.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

REC (short for recording) Empty Re: REC (short for recording)

Post by Unit7 Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:55 pm

It sounds very similar to that of Quarantine. Atleast the begining. Quarantine starts off with the girl interviewing and taking a tour of the fire station and get called to this apartment building and get trapped in.

But originals are usually better then the remakes because Hollywood tends to mess things up. lol

Hmm well I am definitely going to see this movie.

Also subtitles no longer bother me. I have watched hundreds of fansubs of anime and such and even find myself reading subtitles even though I can understand what the person is saying. You know when someone is being interviewed and their accent makes it difficult for some to understand them. Well yeah I almost always find myself reading them anyways. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:03 pm

Unit7 wrote:It sounds very similar to that of Quarantine. Atleast the begining. Quarantine starts off with the girl interviewing and taking a tour of the fire station and get called to this apartment building and get trapped in.

But originals are usually better then the remakes because Hollywood tends to mess things up. lol

Hmm well I am definitely going to see this movie.

Also subtitles no longer bother me. I have watched hundreds of fansubs of anime and such and even find myself reading subtitles even though I can understand what the person is saying. You know when someone is being interviewed and their accent makes it difficult for some to understand them. Well yeah I almost always find myself reading them anyways. lol

It takes place in Barcelona, so I assume it was made in Spain. Maybe Europeans make better movies...
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamgirl18 Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:30 am

That sounds really good! I'll check that out sometime! Smile
dreamgirl18
dreamgirl18
Animal Lover
Animal Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:50 am

It sounds awesome Very Happy
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:05 am

....REC is the Spanish version of Quarantine...
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:30 am

dreamgirl18 wrote:That sounds really good! I'll check that out sometime! Smile
It is. You should definitely check it out. Very Happy

joselin4life wrote:It sounds awesome Very Happy
Tis.

Malletmusic17 wrote:....REC is the Spanish version of Quarantine...
Nah, Quarantine is the English version of REC. Bahaha!! Razz
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down