Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wristcutters: A Love Story

4 posters

Go down

Wristcutters: A Love Story Empty Wristcutters: A Love Story

Post by Unit7 Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Been awhile since I did one of these(hmm I wonder why? Oh right I can already hear the crickets!)

I remember first hearing about this movie when it was airing on TV... or maybe it was on a HBO or one of those channels. I dunno. but it was partway through the movie and didn't bother with it. It wasn't until recently did someone on here(actually I believe it was today...) brought it up and it sounded familiar. So I thought I might aswell watch it.

The idea behind the story is that people who commit suicide are punished by living in a world similar to the one they left, except its worse. For the most part the world seems to be more of a lifeless wasteland. Not much to be happy about and life just continues on in this suckish daily routine of a crappy life whatever miserable life you left behind seem like Heaven. But I suppose its not so bad.

The story follows a guy who after hearing his ex girlfriend also killed herself goes on a road trip with his best friend Eugene some Russian guy who offed himself by pouring beer on his electric guitar on stage, and pick up a hitch hiker who insists she shouldn't be here(who also goes around altering signs. Gotta love Shave Us Messiah) anyways they go on a road trip in search for his exgirlfriend.

What did I think of the characters? They were great. I mean Eugene(sp) is just some awesome Russian guy. I also have a love for his song. I mean... dude its just awesome. I can't remember the other characters names(but then again, I am terrible with names) but yeah. They were just awesome too.

But what I really love about this movie is the strange things that tend to happen. Take the blackhole under the passenger seat in Eugene's car. If you drop something under their it's just gone. Which provided some great moments.

Though I am sorta confused by the Wristcutter part in the title. It just seemed odd that only 1 of the 3 characters who cut their wrists had any importance(well not sure if the 2 dudes in the hot tub cut their wrists or what...) so yeah.

But there are all sorts of small things such as the Blackhole that just makes this movie special.

The Love Triangle
Spoiler:

The Ending-
I loved the ending.

Spoiler:

But yeah I realy loved this movie.

One last thing.

One part about this movie is how some of the things missing in this world for suicides is that some of the small things are no longer there. Stars don't exist, the flowers are ugly and dead, and smiles in general are just sorta absent. Rule 32: Enjoy the Little Things.

Which brings me to another thing.

I finally saw ZombieLand.

I loved it. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Wristcutters: A Love Story Empty Re: Wristcutters: A Love Story

Post by PiperC! Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:17 pm

SHAVE US MESSIAH!

I died at that part. srsly.

And I agree about the title. I think it should have been called "Offers" .

I loved the little bits with the miracles though. Those tickeled my fancy.
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Unit7 wrote:Been awhile since I did one of these(hmm I wonder why? Oh right I can already hear the crickets!)

Crickety cricl Wink Don't worry I think about doing somethign similar for Salt and Inception when I am not feeling so lazy so i'll share you crickets

I remember first hearing about this movie when it was airing on TV... or maybe it was on a HBO or one of those channels. I dunno. but it was partway through the movie and didn't bother with it. It wasn't until recently did someone on here(actually I believe it was today...) brought it up and it sounded familiar. So I thought I might aswell watch it.

I found it by the old let's see what else they have done method. I was watching 40 days and 40 nights and thought that Shannyn Sossamon was insanely hot and I should check out her other works. And the title was really fun so I gave it a shot and I loved it

The idea behind the story is that people who commit suicide are punished by living in a world similar to the one they left, except its worse. For the most part the world seems to be more of a lifeless wasteland. Not much to be happy about and life just continues on in this suckish daily routine of a crappy life whatever miserable life you left behind seem like Heaven. But I suppose its not so bad.
I actually love this idea of hell. Not fire and brimstone and tortures but just everyday life at it's most blandest. Not pain but pure apathy. Which in my opinion is even more dangerous since it will destroy completely who they are after a few decades

The story follows a guy who after hearing his ex girlfriend also killed herself goes on a road trip with his best friend Eugene some Russian guy who offed himself by pouring beer on his electric guitar on stage, and pick up a hitch hiker who insists she shouldn't be here(who also goes around altering signs. Gotta love Shave Us Messiah) anyways they go on a road trip in search for his exgirlfriend.
I loved them both. I found it hilarious that the Russian's guy whole family killed themselves as well(and it was it was quite funny to see the scene with his little brother's attempted suicide) and she was awesome. I completely understood how he fell in love with her

What did I think of the characters? They were great. I mean Eugene(sp) is just some awesome Russian guy. I also have a love for his song. I mean... dude its just awesome. I can't remember the other characters names(but then again, I am terrible with names) but yeah. They were just awesome too.
The song rocked Smile

But what I really love about this movie is the strange things that tend to happen. Take the blackhole under the passenger seat in Eugene's car. If you drop something under their it's just gone. Which provided some great moments.
The miracles were quite fun as well

Though I am sorta confused by the Wristcutter part in the title. It just seemed odd that only 1 of the 3 characters who cut their wrists had any importance(well not sure if the 2 dudes in the hot tub cut their wrists or what...) so yeah.
I think it was just a catchyname although I gotta say he really did a number on his wrists. I never seen someone going that far on the wristcutting

The Love Triangle
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Ending-
I loved the ending.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

But yeah I realy loved this movie.

One last thing.

One part about this movie is how some of the things missing in this world for suicides is that some of the small things are no longer there. Stars don't exist, the flowers are ugly and dead, and smiles in general are just sorta absent. Rule 32: Enjoy the Little Things.

Which brings me to another thing.

I finally saw ZombieLand.

I loved it. Very Happy

That's what I found so awesome about this idea of hell. It's subtle but really devastating when you think about it. I especially found the beach horrifying

Zombieland rules Smile Can't wait to hear your opinion on it
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Yeah I have found a number of movies by just going on an actor/actresses imdb page and seeing what else they did.

Yeah this idea of Hell is fascinating. I haven't watched many episodes of Twilight Zone(always meant to) But from my understanding there is an episode that involves a perfect place where you can have the perfect life. Only in the end it turns out to be hell.

I don't think I have ever seen it where a character went both down the street and across the street and took a detour or 2 along the way. lol

Oh yes the Russian's guys family! It really was sorta amazing how they all ended up killing themselves. Also yeah the little brother's first attempt was great to watch. Eugene(sp) just slaps him and walks away.

Yeah I realized I forgot to mention the miracles. I was just to in love with that black hole. Though another thing is when they wake up on the beach and find all those needles/condoms on the ground. That was just priceless. lol

Hmm thats one way of looking at it. I mean that world was surely bizarre enough. But I think it sorta defeats the idea of uh that one guy taking his file or it sorta breaking up.

Also no I didn't recognize the cult leader. Should I have? o.O
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:16 pm

I just watched the movie. It was very good. I sort of get the meaning of the title, but honestly they could have chosen something better. But i definitly prefer the name of the movie than the original book title "Kneller's Happy Campers."

I agree that the ending was very good and overall it was a great movie.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:47 am

It does seem to be one of the best ways to find good movies. Especially hidden gems. That's how I found Have Dreams Will Travel after watchign this messed up movie called Bridge To Terabythia

Have you watched Angel? They have an interesting episode where they show an interesting hell meant for company employees who disappoint the bosses. You live a perfect family life. The american dream type. House, wife,kids and so on but every night a demon cuts out your heart. Then it regrows and this goes on and on. Knowing that each day thre he is waiting for you at the basment

LOl well put. Someone should really do a motivation with this

Yeah. I also loved the fact that he found his soulmate who's family went the same way. And I loved how he reacted to the little brother. That's so very russian

This beach is still haunting me...

Yeah. Although I admit I prefer not to look at it that way

Oh man. You really really really need to watch Arrested Develpment. I mean really really really

I don't know I kinda think the name is perfect
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum