Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you keep in shape?

+5
melissa052
Hannah_Banana222
MrsJazz
secret_life93
Rex
9 posters

Go down

How do you keep in shape? Empty How do you keep in shape?

Post by Rex Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:49 am

So this summer I kinda let myself go. Now I am back to normal but for the first time I actually tried losing weight and I found it to be a incredibly slow process. It took me two and half freaking weeks just to lose 8 kilos. So in case I let myself go again do you have any good advice on keeping in shape?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

How do you keep in shape? Empty Re: How do you keep in shape?

Post by secret_life93 Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Not really. I'm still working to get to where I want to be. Might I add though, 8 kilos in two and a half weeks is impressive. That's like... 17 pounds? Granted I've come to decide, because of my dad, that guys can lose weight a lot easier, but I'm also basing that off one person. I've lost about 12 pounds though. Smile All I do is watch how much I eat and work out daily. I try to work out for at least 30 minutes a night and I do 100 sit ups everyday. I also make sure I drink a lot of water.
secret_life93
secret_life93

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:11 pm

I've been running about 4 times a week. Other days, during Brylee's nap time I do push ups and crunches.

I also don't eat many carbs (well, I don't eat the starchy surgary ones) I try to keep gluten down. I eat lots of protein. lots of fresh veggies.

I keep my water intake up. I try to drink about 10 of my large bottles a day. It's about 32oz. I don't drink caffeine and I don't drink those high sugar or energy drinks either.

At first it was hard taking off the baby weight. But as I stick to my routine, it's peeling off more pounds.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:23 pm

I, too, have gotten a little more squishy. Seven months ago, I was monstrous. Since then, I've lost 45 pounds. But in feeling so great about losing it all, I've been eating a lot of pretzels. A lot. Like seriously. I've put back on about 5 pounds. Nothing major, but my stomach is pretty jiggly.

Sit ups. Do lots of sit ups. In the summer, while I just laid around all day, I tried to do at least 250 a day. Also, I wiggle around a lot while I'm watching TV. I might as well take advantage of just sitting on the couch. Sometimes I'll lie down with my legs in the air peddling like a bike or dance around like an idiot during commercials. Again, nothing too strenuous, but it adds up if you do little stuff a lot.

Or just eat celery. Most of the calories (which is only like 8 per stalk) come from the massive amounts of fiber. Because it's indigestible, your body burns more calories processing the fiber than is in the actual celery. Yep. Celery has negative calories. It's a workout in and of itself. LOL.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:31 pm

I've been eating a lot of pretzels. A lot. Like seriously.
LOL! You sound like me with goldfish! I've been eating them as if they're gonna disappear out of existence or something...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:39 pm

melissa052 wrote:
I've been eating a lot of pretzels. A lot. Like seriously.
LOL! You sound like me with goldfish! I've been eating them as if they're gonna disappear out of existence or something...

You have no idea. I'm still not at my goal weight yet, so I'm still watching my calories. I record everything I eat, so I count. So far today, I've had 112 pretzels. Just today.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by brown eyes sp Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:30 pm

I jog 2 miles every morning and do an ab workout, and I train at a jiu-jitsu gym twice a week. My advice is just to make yourself stick to an exercise routine for at least two weeks to get in the habit of it again. And walk as many places as possible (which shouldn't be too hard for you Razz ).
brown eyes sp
brown eyes sp

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:42 pm

I also don't eat many carbs
You know I always wondered. What does carb mean? I've often seen this word and always wondered

Or just eat celery. Most of the calories (which is only like 8 per stalk) come from the massive amounts of fiber.
Ewww Celerey. No thanks. I don't really eat vegetable. Except cucumbers cause they rock.

I jog 2 miles every morning and do an ab workout, and I train at a
jiu-jitsu gym twice a week. My advice is just to make yourself stick to
an exercise routine for at least two weeks to get in the habit of it
again. And walk as many places as possible (which shouldn't be too hard
for you Razz ).

Haha so true. Man I love walking randomly. Which reminds I've been meaning to make this thread about my walking needs.....
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Carbs=carbohydrates. Starch. Complex sugar. Bread, pasta, cereal...

Also, the cucumber is a fruit. Razz
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Carbs=carbohydrates. Starch. Complex sugar. Bread, pasta, cereal...

That's what carbs are ? I thought they were some kind of a fish food

No way cucumbers are green. Everyone ones that green things are veggies How do you keep in shape? Icon_biggrin
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:01 am

Granny Smith apples, honeydew, kiwi, pears... These are vegetables? I think not.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Also, the cucumber is a fruit. Razz

A cumcumbers a fruit? I thought it was a vegetable Very Happy
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:14 pm

Rex wrote:
Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Carbs=carbohydrates. Starch. Complex sugar. Bread, pasta, cereal...

That's what carbs are ? I thought they were some kind of a fish food

No way cucumbers are green. Everyone ones that green things are veggies How do you keep in shape? Icon_biggrin

Yup, those are carbs. I miss bread Sad
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:16 am

I live off of carbs. Complete pasta freak. And I have a rather large addiction to big juicy philly cheesesteak sandwiches right now as well. I also rarely exercise and for some reason I manage to stay around 85-90 pounds. Sooo, I have no advice to give. I just like annoying people with my crazy fast metabolism. I get cursed by family members and friends on a daily basis Razz
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by SamIAm Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:25 am

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:I live off of carbs. Complete pasta freak. And I have a rather large addiction to big juicy philly cheesesteak sandwiches right now as well. I also rarely exercise and for some reason I manage to stay around 85-90 pounds. Sooo, I have no advice to give. I just like annoying people with my crazy fast metabolism. I get cursed by family members and friends on a daily basis Razz
I'm the same way. Well the carbs part at least. I'm a vegetarian so the cheesesteak doesn't appeal to me. But the majority of what I eat is carbs. I eat pasta multiple nights a week. I also hardly ever exercise, and I always stay just over 100 pounds. My metabolism is also really fast.

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum