Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NaNoWriMo is 2 months away...

5 posters

Go down

NaNoWriMo is 2 months away... Empty NaNoWriMo is 2 months away...

Post by Unit7 Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:36 pm

It finally hit me that I completely failed my New Years Resolution to write more. In fact I haven't written anything in over a month... *sigh*

But as I realize that November is right around the corner I have no plans as to what to write. 60 days or so does seem to give me a good amount of time to do a bit of plotting and or atleast give me a story to write.

Last year I did Becoming Dead. I thought I might take this years NaNoWriMo the chance to finally rewrite it. But that doesn't sound to appealing, even though I really should. Then I thought maybe I could finaly write that story that took place in a small mountain town(more or less inspired by Everwood) I mean I already written a small little excerpt for it titled The Sketch(which I was pleased to learn I did rather well based on the critiques I recieved over at writingforums.org) but I no longer have any desire to even write that right now.

Of course then there is the novel idea that I would hope to one day publish. But that hasn't really formed much of a plot or storyline. That and I want to post what I write on here so...

So now I am stuck. 2 months seems like a long time, but by the time November comes it will probably feel like I had just made this.

Hmm... what to write what to write. I am not even sure what genre I would want to do. I think I might do high fantasy. But other then that I got nothing.

Oh well I guess November is really forever from now.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

NaNoWriMo is 2 months away... Empty Re: NaNoWriMo is 2 months away...

Post by melissa052 Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:42 am

*Gets into story-pitching mode*
Picture this! An alternate world, controlled by a personal Hitler of sorts... In this world, it's a crime to tell stories, to lie, to hope, and even a crime to dream... A brave person in this world gets the courage to fight the higher power and gets an army of sorts to defeat the evil government...

Hey! That's actually a pretty good idea! Wouldn't you agree?
Of course it's nearly 6am and I have yet to get any sleep, any idea would sound good this late/early...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

NaNoWriMo is 2 months away... Empty Re: NaNoWriMo is 2 months away...

Post by Rex Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:27 am

Unit7 wrote:

Hmm... what to write what to write. I am not even sure what genre I would want to do. I think I might do high fantasy. But other then that I got nothing.

Try this. A teenage boy finds out he has the ability to manipulate time. He can make the world around him slow down a a snail's pace or make an hour go by in less then a second and he is outside the effects. For a while everything is beyond awesome. He feels like a god. Like he can do anything. He gets everywhere unnoticed, he uses only a few seconds of real world time for sleeping he does whatever he likes. Until one day he gets a stroke. He wakes up in the hospital four weeks later but when he wakes up time has stopped permanently for him and he has no power whatsover anymore. He becomes isolated from the world . He can't talk with people, he can't listen to music, can't watch TV, can't drive cars. Everything is completely static. Even the rain doesn't move. He can move objects but that's all . And it's permanent night for him.

You can follow his mental breakdown from there Smile

Picture this! An alternate world, controlled by a personal Hitler of
sorts... In this world, it's a crime to tell stories, to lie, to hope,
and even a crime to dream... A brave person in this world gets the
courage to fight the higher power and gets an army of sorts to defeat
the evil government...

Hey! That's actually a pretty good idea! Wouldn't you agree?

You mean this Wink