Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Hate the Flood.

4 posters

Go down

I Hate the Flood.  Empty I Hate the Flood.

Post by Unit7 Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Its not like they are hard or difficult to kill. A shot from the shotty pretty much kills them. But there are just so many of them, some with guns, some blow up, some jump at you, and then there are the small ones that are constantly following you. Then you have to wait for Guilty Spark to do his thing and find yourself cornered trying your best to last just long enough.

That and my game doesn't seem to mark check points as it should. I was going through the beginingish of the part of the game and i got past the Check Point several times, but each time I died I had to start over from a rather inconvienient spot. Then suddenly I get the check point and I am like 'Really? but I was right there the last few times I went there!'

Of course then they just LOVE to jump down behind you while your facing the other horde of enemies and suddenly the type that blows up is right next to you and I die.

Doesn't help much when I have 2 bars of health with no health packs anywhere near.

So between running, killing, avoiding, trying to conserve shotty ammo, and following Guilty Spark(which I find I lose him which leads me to try and find him again)

Its annoying.

Also I am starting to miss the Covenant. Because those small ones were fun to listen to and chase around when they decided you were to strong for them and then bash them over the head. Also sometimes when you stick them with a plasma nade they will say 'Not again!' and run around and sometimes even kill a few of their friends.

Good stuff...

But I hate the flood and I also hate slow video buffering! Especially when you learn the video is in a language you can't understand.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

I Hate the Flood.  Empty Re: I Hate the Flood.

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:01 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about. Neutral
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:12 pm

*Rubs eyes*
I'm with Hannah... I have no clue what I just read!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:53 pm

You have no idea what I am talking about because you 2 are not cool enough... Though I suppose one could argue that you were to cool to know about it. Depending of course which side you take on Halo. Whether you think its best thing since sliced bread, or the worst thing since... uh whatever the opposite is of sliced bread. o.O
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:03 pm

In that case, I'm too cool to know about it... Can't speak for Hannah though, I mean the whole world knows how truly uncool she is! Razz
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Yay! My favorite thing after Half Life. I completely understand how you feel man. The first time I met the flood they were really annoying as well but unless you are playing on harder difficulties they are actually quite easy to defeat. First thing when the millions of tiny floods first attacks you. Thinned them down with the assault rifle or plasma rifle. You may lob a few grenades as well if you want. They work great. DO NOT use the shot gun on the little flood.

When it comes to the human flood forms try to hit them primarily with the shotgun and from closer range if you can. Assault rifle also seems to work somewhat however Sniper rifle is completely uneffective and energy weapons don't seem to work that well

Anyway the real key is to constanly keep on the move and take down only the priority targets that can really hurt you. It was hard for me at first since I do love to kill everything moving and unmoving on a level but with the flood you can't stop for a nice massacre. You have to be constantly on the move.

If you do this and your on an easy setting(and you already soemwhat know the terrain so you don't get lose) it's actually a cake walk

Oh and don't worry the Covenant will be back and better then ever. When you reach the level where you have to drive use banshee(purple flying thing) to climb this really really high rock post here. There is this awesome trick where you can actually trap enemy banshee so it can barely move. It's really fun. It's like you are putting it in a zoo and it just stands there bashing it's head on the bars
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:38 am

This is actually my second play through. In fact I was the one who nudged you into Halo. Razz Though right now I am playing through it on normal. Which isn't so bad. Its just I currently have virtually no life and keep getting overwhelmed. Though I noticed that with the Assault Rifle you only have to kill 1 of the small flood things and a few of them will pop. lol

I wouldn't even bother trying to use the Sniper Rifle on them. Though I wasn't even aware that you could get a Sniper after you meet the Flood. Or do one of the soldiers that sorta tag along with you around the flood have one? Haha have you ever killed them? I have only intentionally killed 1 so I can get more ammo. But out of curiosity I tried killing them all. After the second one I killed they tried killing me.

But right now I am trying to get the Index thing. Where you have to run through a bunch of crap. Mostly the problem is my health. 2 bars of health. Which made trying to get the shotgun from one of the enemies really annoying because the second I turned around a corner I was immediately swarmed. How I managed to get so low HP so fast is beyond me and I am only on Normal. I think my first playthrough was on Easy.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:52 am

Oh yeah! I forgot. Yeah it really sucks when you have no life. Thank god the shields regenerate.

I am not really sure. Maybe I am thinking of the next level where I wasted some ammo on a futile attempt to kill flood with sniping

Lol sure have. I find it especially funny to run them over with the tank

Wasn't there a shotgun lying around somewhere? And yeah with an increased diffiulty it's a real bitch. I rememebr once trying to take it on at the higest difficulty level. Man that was annoying. I lost count of how many times they killed me
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:01 am

Rex wrote:Oh yeah! I forgot. Yeah it really sucks when you have no life. Thank god the shields regenerate.

amen to that! Though finding enough time in this area to have it regenerate before being attacked is sort of annoying.

I am not really sure. Maybe I am thinking of the next level where I wasted some ammo on a futile attempt to kill flood with sniping

Oh. To behonest after the Index and the revelation about what Halo does, I actually don't remember much of the game. lol

Lol sure have. I find it especially funny to run them over with the tank

Hmm I don't think I have tried running them over. Most of the time they die because I forget about them and the enemies kill them, that or I accidentally flip over the jeep thing and they die. Sad

Wasn't there a shotgun lying around somewhere? And yeah with an increased diffiulty it's a real bitch. I rememebr once trying to take it on at the higest difficulty level. Man that was annoying. I lost count of how many times they killed me

Yeah when you first area with the Flood there is, but when you are trying to find the Index where you follow that AI thing, you have to take it from one of the human-flood things. Which is annoying because often by the time you find it after you kill the thing you are swarmed. Well I was. But then maybe I am just bad. Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:44 am

Ok so inspired by this post I finally got through the hassle of installing Halo 2. It's pretty good. Although I am pretty sure I lose a lot of the experience since I don't actually have any text(damn installation) and I do everything blindly. I still haven''t even found the button for hitting people up close. However the duel wielding action is pretty awesome. So are the new guns. And it looks like there actually is an option to hijack other vehicles although I still haven't figured out how
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:43 am

Hmm do you need Vista to play Halo 2? Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:52 am

Usually you do but I found a version that is suitable for XP. You should try it. It will probably run better on your comp

I think it was this one
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3729197/[PC]_Halo_2_XP___VISTA_[RIP]_[dopeman]
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks I will try it. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Well I got to the part where you learn what Halo actually does. Something has always bothered me about that whole scene. Guilty Spark talks to Master Chief as if he has already done it before. Even bringing up the idea that once he asked what would he do in his posistion and then Guilty Spark talks about having a long time to consider it.

Maybe its my version and it wasn't fully downloaded. But does the Halo reverse Time? That essentially the Galaxy was simply repeating itself over and over again until the point in the War where they discover Halo and the Convenant unleashes the Flood by mistake? In my game it simply tells that it destroys all organic life... but its as if life itself just restarts. Almost everything is the same, except small changes. Such as Cortana and in one instance Guilty Spark actually out right tells Master Chief of what Halo actually does.

Until today I just assumed I had heard wrong. But now I dunno.

Interesting concept though.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 pm

I think there was a movie specifically dealing with this. I don't know if it was actually an in game movie(maybe from the second which I haven't seen) or one of the animated movies but I remember watching it online. Anyway it goes like this. I think it was this one

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum