Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity

+2
Unit7
secret_life8
6 posters

Go down

Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity Empty Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity

Post by secret_life8 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:20 pm

"Every day in the United States of America over 4,000 American
citizens are silenced against their wills. They have their voices
permanently silenced and they never get the opportunity to speak on behalf
of themselves. Today we stand in silent solidarity with those who have been
silenced. Today we are silent, but by doing this we are being a voice for the
one-third of our generation that will never have a voice. These victims are
not only being silenced; they are being killed. The victims we stand on
behalf of are not going to be mentioned on the news. The victims we stand
on behalf of will not have a funeral. The victims we stand on behalf of were
ripped from the safety and warmth of their mothers’ wombs. The victims we
stand on behalf of were not blobs of tissue, but beautiful human persons,
with hearts that beat, brains that gave out brain waves, and a soul. These
are the victims of the abortion holocaust. Every day over 4,000 babies
have their lives ended in the name of choice. Since January 22, 1973, over
46 million babies have died. The time is now to stand on behalf of
these innocent victims." -http://www.silentday.org/images/silentday-americanflyer-v3.pdf

For anyone who is interested in participating just know you do not have to be silent all day. If you could maybe do it for half of the day or even an hour or two.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity Empty Re: Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity

Post by Unit7 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Poetically its a beautiful thing. Such as the idea of trying terrorist near Ground Zero.

But thats all it is. Seems like a rather pointless and waste of time. You remain silent because they are forever silenced. But wouldn't it be better even... hmm more symbolic if instead of remaining silent you would talk like there is no tomorrow? To not only talk, but to actively seek out conversation with anyone and everyone? With strangers, with friends, family, coworkers?

Hmm. I dunno I just find the idea of encouraging everyone to actually speak, to do something They could never do, is more appropriate.

Because what good would remaining silent do? A neat idea for something symbolic sure. But no good, not nearly as much, could come out of what I had proposed.

Of course I could be horribly off.

But still. I find my idea more fitting: To Live For Those Who Can't. On this day you should be actively engaging life, not by closing a bit of it off.

*shrugs* but then of course, I am probably completely off.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:28 pm

When is it? Is there a specific date or just whenever you feel like?

Are you supposed to print that PDF and cut it in fourths?

I think this could be particularly effective with me. Because I talk so much, people will notice something is up if I shut my trap for a day. Very Happy Count me in.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:54 am

Don't I know. Another anti zombie campaign. You can try to hide it behind pretty words like pro life but we all know that you are just hating on the undead. They are people too you know. Don't hate Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity 536159

I don't really support your cause but I can try giving you some pointers( in addition to the excellent one Unit already gave)

First off the thing you have to know is that with any hot issue they are 3 sides. Two extremes and one in the middle which doesn't care that much.

Now that you know this you have to decide what is more important to you. To truly try and help achieve your goals or to well bitch about it. Most people these things are the same but they are not

The message you posted falls into the bitching category. These kind of words make people feel all good about saying it,feel self righteous proud and whatever but they are utterly ineffective. In fact they work against you. This kind of approach only works with people who are already on your side. It completley alienates the middles which is teh demographic you want to target. If you want to win you have to for the moderates. And do this you need to fit your approach otherwise you would end up like Dawn

I can try giving you a very very rough draft of what will be far more effective. Mind you this is a very rough five minute work but it should steer you in the right direction:

Everyday more then 4000 abortions occur in the Uniated States. Many of you might have strong opinion on how legal they should be but this is not what we are here to talk about. What we are trying to do is simply acknowledge that this is a tragedy. A traumatic experience that will remain a scar for the rest of the life of any women who had to go through this. I think both sides can agree on this. And this why this issue needs more attention. Not just a screaming match between two sides but a true effort to make things better. To help educate more people about safe sex, to make life and the possibility of a career for young mothers easier, to facilitate adoptions and to make sure that conditions in orphanages and foster homes are better.

On this day let us work for the future where we show that there is a better choice then abortion. Let's make it so that the choice doesn't have to be enforced by laws but that it is a actually becomes the better option for everybody through our efforts. With lots of hard work we can prevent tragedies.

See ? Something like this. You have to walk before you start running.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:55 am

Michelle,

That is a wonderful thing to do! It gets information out more, and the more attention to this the better. I support you in this very much.

You know these kinds of things are working. I hear information on people who work for Planned Parenthood, etc. quitting their jobs. (Most people do not even know that PP is a racist organization from its beginning.) My prayers are with you.

Last edited by scifidawn on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:59 am

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:When is it? Is there a specific date or just whenever you feel like?

Are you supposed to print that PDF and cut it in fourths?

I think this could be particularly effective with me. Because I talk so much, people will notice something is up if I shut my trap for a day. Very Happy Count me in.

Your "shut my tap for a day" comment made me want to snort out my nose. Yes, people would notice such a thing. If you were shy and quiet already it would not be noted, so be glad you are a gabber usually than.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:01 am

Unit7 wrote:Poetically its a beautiful thing. Such as the idea of trying terrorist near Ground Zero.

But thats all it is. Seems like a rather pointless and waste of time. You remain silent because they are forever silenced. But wouldn't it be better even... hmm more symbolic if instead of remaining silent you would talk like there is no tomorrow? To not only talk, but to actively seek out conversation with anyone and everyone? With strangers, with friends, family, coworkers?

Hmm. I dunno I just find the idea of encouraging everyone to actually speak, to do something They could never do, is more appropriate.

Because what good would remaining silent do? A neat idea for something symbolic sure. But no good, not nearly as much, could come out of what I had proposed.

Of course I could be horribly off.

But still. I find my idea more fitting: To Live For Those Who Can't. On this day you should be actively engaging life, not by closing a bit of it off.

*shrugs* but then of course, I am probably completely off.

Unit, there is much activism going on concerning the unborn. This is just an additional thing to bring more attention to this unprotected class of human beings.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:31 am

Dawn or Michelle, do you know when the day is or can you do it whenever?
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:40 pm

The day was actually yesterday. That was why i posted it two days ago because i did not use the computer yesterday. Sorry for those who missed it. I hoped that some of you checked the website i had posted to see that it was tomorrow instead of another day.

Unit, I remember you posting that last year when i mentioned this event. The reason we are quick and not talkative is because if we are talkative anyone can block us out. If we don't talk, people, or at least everyone i encountered, is curious and wants to find out why we are silent. It gets peoples attention when you hand them the flyer.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:20 pm

I figured that out yesterday when people were talking about it. Oh, the irony!
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum