Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good and Evil

2 posters

Go down

Good and Evil Empty Good and Evil

Post by Rex Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:21 am

I was thinking is there something that's completely good or completely evil. Because when you think about it a lot of the things we immediately associate with good or evil can be used in a variety of ways.

For example. Healing. Now it's hard not to connect the ability to heal someone completely with good. However in the wrong hands this can be used to do truly horrible things to people and then heal them to destroy any evidences of your crimes

Or example mind control. It's just as hard to connect taking away someone free will with anything but evil. However there are a lot of people fighting desperately to be in control of their lives. From harmless but still life destroying stuff like OCD to serial killers and others who can't stop their urges and so on and used properly mind control can help them

So I am wondering do you think there is something truly good or truly evil that has no other possible uses?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Good and Evil Empty Re: Good and Evil

Post by Unit7 Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:38 pm

For example. Healing. Now it's hard not to connect the ability to heal someone completely with good. However in the wrong hands this can be used to do truly horrible things to people and then heal them to destroy any evidences of your crimes

That actually reminds me of something in a book. A character was so badass at healing that she healed a group of men of I guess hate/anger/and all them bad emotions and so when she slit their throats they didn't put up any resistance.

Personaly I think such things comes down to how they are used. Is the Internet Good or Bad? On one side you have the awesomeness that is well alot of things, but then you have the other side full of 40 year old pedophiles and stalkers and the like.

My guess is that there is nothing truly good or evil(I'm not even going to touch the can of worms that is Religion and their Deities. But I will say even Religion is neither good nor bad by itself)

But yeah I can't think of anything that can be used for exclusively bad or good things.

Oh this actually reminds me of an episode of The 4400. When some group was threatening to do something on a certain day. The whole Government was panicking because, hey lets face it they got superpowers and they didn't, and it turned out that what the group did was made it possible to grow crops in the desert. A land that hadn't been fertile for hundreds or thousands of years.

A character pointed out that this was just as aggressive and hostile as if they had blown up a city.

So even making barren land fertile again could be seen as an act of evil. Not only that it could potentialy serve as a warning of sorts, one could use such ability to gain peoples favors and rise to power and then yeah.

Sorry if this is all over the place and poorly worded. First post of the day. lol

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down