Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yu+Me Dream

2 posters

Go down

Yu+Me Dream Empty Yu+Me Dream

Post by Unit7 Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:56 am

A couple of days ago I was on Zelda Universe and there was a thread about webcomics. In truth I have never been a big webcomic reader. I read some College Roomies From Hell(I should start reading that again, from the start) some Order of the Stick, and xkcd, and Massive Pwnage(which is pretty good) But I decided to browse this forum and this title popped out at me.

Yu+Me Dream.

Now maybe it was the idea of it about a lesbian couple, or that when I googled it it had something about being a mindfuck. I dunno. Either way I started reading it and fell in love with it. Then tonight I started on page 225 and found myself a few hours later on page 800 and then finished the episode of Rome I was watching(completely forgot I was watching it too and halfway through the episode) and then got back to it. I just could not stop reading it.

So whats Yu+Me Dream about?

It starts off showing Fiona's school and home life and how miserable her life is and how she prefers to dream. That is until Lia moves in next door. Over the course of Part One Fi struggles with her feelings and whether or not to confront Lia about how she feels. Meanwhile she deals with a Nun for a teacher who thinks that striped socks are the Devil's Socks, a school bully named Sarah, and a homophobic nerd who ends up being confused for a school shooter... oh and has a crush on Fiona.

Pretty much starts off as your ordinary highschool drama... of course Part 2 introduces some crazy ass shit that pretty much fucks with your mind and everything you have ever come to know about the series and characters. I mean I could put that in a more elegant way. But if you have read it then you know that it pretty much sums it up perfectly.

Now as far as the artwork goes for the most part it's great. Though while the writer and artist of Yu+Me Dream seems to hate the artwork towards the begining, I liked it. It was simple and easy and nice and not complicated. During Part 2 of the series the author seems to switch up the art style at the drop of a dime. Now while the new artwork was cool at first and some of it was really fun. I just sorta missed how it was at the begining. But it was a minor pain in the ass.

The characters were all great. Well sorta. I mean some of the ended up being a real douche. One of them turns out to be a former mass killer... but they have their excuses.

The story itself is fantastic. Alot of small details in earlier parts of the story become important later on. You also get the story from a bunch of different points of view which makes you see a bunch of things in a different light.

The ending. The ending was great. Smile

Spoiler:

You know I might come back and rewrite this because I am thinking I did a piss poor job at this. It's late... early... well late for me early for some. It's all on perspective.

But this is a great great webcomic. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Yu+Me Dream Empty Re: Yu+Me Dream

Post by Rex Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:29 am

Dude give us the link! Never mind I got it http://rosalarian.com/yume/. You know you had me at lesbians
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Rex wrote:Dude give us the link! Never mind I got it http://rosalarian.com/yume/. You know you had me at lesbians

Yeah when I finished this and got off the computer I kicked myself for not putting up the link. But the computer was off and... well I was to lazy to turn it back on and fix it.

Though I think I may have over exaggerated it's epicness... sorta. Maybe. It's a great series though.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum