Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you guys reccomend any good books?

4 posters

Go down

Can you guys reccomend any good books? Empty Can you guys reccomend any good books?

Post by Rex Tue May 01, 2012 12:27 pm

I have to refresh my English for this English exam on Sunday and I find that the best way to do this is to well read. So can you guys recommend me any good books? Preferably more mainstream ones so I can find them easier ?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Can you guys reccomend any good books? Empty Re: Can you guys reccomend any good books?

Post by ayan Tue May 01, 2012 2:58 pm

I recently read a book called The Stranger by Albert Camus. Its about this weird, socially awkward man named Meursault, who kills a man, but gets into trouble for not being sad at his mother's funeral. I had to read it for an English assignment, but it was a good book, if you hadn't already read it give it a try.

The outsiders... is also a great book.

Last edited by ayan on Tue May 01, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

ayan

Back to top Go down

Can you guys reccomend any good books? Empty Re: Can you guys reccomend any good books?

Post by Unit7 Tue May 01, 2012 3:01 pm

I actually have no idea what I'd recommend you.

If you are in the mood for a tragic love story there is always The Pact by Jodi Picoult. Actually if you want anything tragic I'd guess her is a good place to start.

If your in the mood for a society dominated by females who worship an evil Goddess I'd go for Homeland by R.A. Salvatore. but then I'd pretty much recommend any book in the Drizzt series. Razz

The Rangers Apprentice series... but then I can't really recommend it because I haven't actually read them. Not entirely sure what it's about either. I remember downloading it for some reason. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Goosebumps books are fun to read. But then maybe that's just me. Though they are definitely not the best quality of writing.

Theres also the Sookie Stackhouse Mystery novels... or whatever their called. There the book series the inspired the True Blood series.

Oh and of course you could check out the Dexter novels. Another series I have yet to get too.

To Kill A Mocking Bird. Not sure if you have read it. But it really is a great read.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun May 06, 2012 5:30 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Keep them coming. Meanwhile I think my computer is dying so if you don't see me the next couple of days chances are I was not kidnapped by robot ninjas
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Mon May 07, 2012 2:57 am

Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill. One of my favorites for the last several years. It's a ghost story about an old rock star who collects macabre memorabilia. He buys a dead man's suit and the guy's evil spirit comes with it. I couldn't put it down once I started reading.

Joe Hill is Steven King's son; he takes after his dad.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Oh nice. This sounds very good. I do love me some Steven King like stuff
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum