Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I still I may be going slightly crazy. No seriously

4 posters

Go down

I still I may be going slightly crazy. No seriously Empty I still I may be going slightly crazy. No seriously

Post by Rex Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:17 am

The things about me is that I am smarter then the average person and when I want to I can be very good with people. Understand them, talk to them, manipulate them the whole nine yards, Not to mention that I am extremely optimistic about myself and can make the best out of any bad situation or at least put a positive spin on it. Now as you can imagine this has provided me with a relatively easy life and as I am sure you noticed with quite a big ego

But lately my ego has been getting REALLY out of control. I was about to get in a fight with seven skinheads because they were talking really loudly and disturbing me and my friends during this music show . It didn't even pass through my head that I could possibly lose a fight against them. Now objectively I realize that I would get my ass kicked badly but I have to actually stop and think about this simple fact because subconsciously I just don't think I can lose(good thing my friends were there to set me straight). And there has been this flu going lately and when I saw a man coughing next to me once my first thought was literally this " This is a nasty flu. Good thing I am immune to all diseases" Of course I know I am not immune to any diseases but this was just the first thought that poped in my mund

So as you can see it's getting pretty bad. I am pretty sure subconsciously I already consider myself at least a demi god and I think if I keep going like this I may very well get killed because of my out of control confidence/stupidity. Now I have been trying to actively think more about what I am doing and thinking(you would be amazed at how many things I just do on autopilot) and this helps a little but still. I am not sure if it's enough. Do you guys have any advice on how I can humble myself a bit? Some way to put the reins on my huge ego?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

I still I may be going slightly crazy. No seriously Empty Re: I still I may be going slightly crazy. No seriously

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Ohhh mannn. Hahahahaha!! I can kinda relate. I, too, am smarter than most people, and I'm well aware of this. It's gotten to the point that I offend pretty much everyone because I don't even care to hide the fact that I'm better than everyone any more. But no, I have not almost died because of my ego.

But I have ranted to my friends about it. You see, I've been feeling kind of bad about myself lately, as there are no potential males who appear interested in me (the only compliments I receive are from old men who come into Hardee's almost every day). So naturally, I wonder why. As someone who is pretty fucking awesome, I would imagine that I would have hundreds of suitors. Not so. In fact, I've kind of become really insecure BECAUSE of my high self-esteem. That sounds really weird, but it happens.

Just talk to your friends about it. They'll get mad at you for being such an egotistical jerk. Then they'll start to point out your flaws. It's the only way, man.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

I still I may be going slightly crazy. No seriously Empty Re: I still I may be going slightly crazy. No seriously

Post by ayan Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:48 pm

I think it is okay that you have lots of confidence in yourself. I always like people that can hold their own, that don't take everything serious. At the same time you have to know there is always a limit, and sometimes bad things can come if you cross it. You just have to think before you do any actions. You are a human, and humans get hurt if they are not careful enough in situations.

There is nothing wrong with having a big ego. In high school I had a girl call me ugly in front of everyone, and I didn't get a bit mad because I know myself and I am not ugly. My friends said why are not saying anything to her, and I just said she is calling me something I am not. She is not offending me, I guess my ego came in handy that time. lol its kind of weird.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:39 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Ohhh mannn. Hahahahaha!! I can kinda relate. I, too, am smarter than most people, and I'm well aware of this. It's gotten to the point that I offend pretty much everyone because I don't even care to hide the fact that I'm better than everyone any more. But no, I have not almost died because of my ego.

But I have ranted to my friends about it. You see, I've been feeling kind of bad about myself lately, as there are no potential males who appear interested in me (the only compliments I receive are from old men who come into Hardee's almost every day). So naturally, I wonder why. As someone who is pretty fucking awesome, I would imagine that I would have hundreds of suitors. Not so. In fact, I've kind of become really insecure BECAUSE of my high self-esteem. That sounds really weird, but it happens.

Just talk to your friends about it. They'll get mad at you for being such an egotistical jerk. Then they'll start to point out your flaws. It's the only way, man.
Oh no. I don't offend anybody really(well nobody that I don't want to offend ). I am really good with people and everybody loves me(which is actually another reason why my ego is so huge) and not to mention that I would never listen to anybody's else opinion. Hell I actually realize my own flaws and point them out to myself and even so it doesn't work. And I think I am awesome. So yeah if I don't listen to me I doubt I would listen to anybody. Especially long term

And now speaking of you there are always potential males. Of this I assure you. It's just that most people are reluctant to make the first step unless it's in an environment where they would feel secure doing it. You can try going to a singles bar. There it should be easier to find mates as they are more likely to approach you. Or you can try the whole internet dating thing although personally I am not much of a fan of this. Real human contact is just better

I think it is okay that you have lots of confidence in yourself. I always like people that can hold their own, that don't take everything serious. At the same time you have to know there is always a limit, and sometimes bad things can come if you cross it. You just have to think before you do any actions. You are a human, and humans get hurt if they are not careful enough in situations.

There is nothing wrong with having a big ego. In high school I had a girl call me ugly in front of everyone, and I didn't get a bit mad because I know myself and I am not ugly. My friends said why are not saying anything to her, and I just said she is calling me something I am not. She is not offending me, I guess my ego came in handy that time. lol its kind of weird.

Yeah no...you have a healthy amount of ego. This is good. I am more at the "build a lair inside of a volcano and proclaim yourself master of the world" level of ego. Really not healthy.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Haha Are you sure it is not just a phase you are going through right now?

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Rex, I'm 18. I'm not going to great lengths to find a significant other. I don't even really want one. I just want to be wanted. I want someone to be interested in me, even if I don't return it.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:46 am

Hmmm.... well you could have just gone and fought those skin heads anyways. Nothing like getting the crap beat out of you to make you realise you are not a demi god.

Also might want to check out the James Bond movie You Only Live Twice. I believe that's the one where the villian set up a rocket launch site in an actual volcano...

The important thing is that you realize you are just a mere human and that you can get your ass kicked just like the rest of us. I'd be far more worried about you if you didn't realize this.

But not sure what I can actually suggest you do. Although thanks to you I think I got a new short story for The Playground Chronicles... still not sure if Chronicles is the right word.

Guess I am not feeling very helpful at the moment. =/

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum