Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a year it has been!

2 posters

Go down

What a year it has been! Empty What a year it has been!

Post by x_mia_x Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:42 pm

As it closes in on Tabi’s first birthday I have been thinking a lot about this past year. I haven’t been around the board much because it has been a crazy year with a lot happening- a lot of that in the last month. I thought that I would catch you guys up as I am going to try my best to be around more! I have missed catching up with our weird little family. Wink

For starters, we are moving! It was something that we had been talking about a lot and finally decided to do it. Reggie began applying for jobs in several different places in hopes that eventually he will find something! I will keep you updated on the job hunt. We have put our house up for sale. We figure if we sell it before Reggie finds a job we will just have to stay with his family for a short time.

When we move I am not going to be going back to teaching. It has been a dream of mine to open a restaurant since I was in middle school. I never thought it would be a possibility since it would take a lot of money and would be a huge risk. Reg and I have talked about it a lot though since we recently got some money from a Great Aunt of his who passed away. And we decided to go for it. It feels crazy to be doing all of this and part of me is beyond scared. But I am also very excited for our future. I am planning to substitute teach while I work on plans to get it up and going and then we will see!

Tabi is doing so wonderful. She is almost one and so full of energy. She has just started to walk and has taken to it quickly. She is pretty much running already! She brings so much joy to our life and I really don’t know what we were doing before her. Her vocabulary is growing and we are amazed at how vocal she is already.

When Tabitha was 5 months old we started to try to get pregnant again. It took so long for us to have her and we wanted kids close together so we wanted to get started. We were thrilled to get a positive pregnancy test the first month. Unfortunately we lost that baby at 10 weeks. It was very hard to be going through the same thing again and we made a difficult decision to not try for any more kids. It has just taken a huge emotional toll on both of us and after a lot of thought and prayer we have come to the conclusion that Tabi will be it for us. It has been hard putting our dream of a big family to rest but Tabi makes it easier and each day I find more peace in our decision.

So that is a little bit about what has been going on in my life! These next few months are going to be crazy but I am so excited!

I hope that you are all doing well. Smile I would love to hear about what is new in your lives!
x_mia_x
x_mia_x

Back to top Go down

What a year it has been! Empty Re: What a year it has been!

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 pm

It's cool that you're following your dream of opening a restaurant! I hope it works out for you! What kind of food?

Devin and I are trying to move too. We've settled for just getting out of the area, about 45 minutes to an hour and a half depending on where we can get an apartment in our price range. Eventually we're going out of state, but this will have to do for now because being here is making us crazy. Just trying to find a second job or one that pays enough to be able to save. Right now I'm making just enough to buy groceries and put gas in my car. I'm two months behind on the cable, but that's low priority because there's never shit on tv anyway haha. He takes rent and electric, which I'm sure are behind as well. Ahh the joys of being poor, hahah.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:57 am

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:It's cool that you're following your dream of opening a restaurant! I hope it works out for you! What kind of food?

Devin and I are trying to move too. We've settled for just getting out of the area, about 45 minutes to an hour and a half depending on where we can get an apartment in our price range. Eventually we're going out of state, but this will have to do for now because being here is making us crazy. Just trying to find a second job or one that pays enough to be able to save. Right now I'm making just enough to buy groceries and put gas in my car. I'm two months behind on the cable, but that's low priority because there's never shit on tv anyway haha. He takes rent and electric, which I'm sure are behind as well. Ahh the joys of being poor, hahah.

Thanks Chorus! The planner in me is freaking out because so much is unknown but I am also very excited. Smile I am trying out a bunch of different things trying to make a mock menu. Some of it will depend on where we end up moving though and what would fit in with the culture there. Ideally I would like it to be a lot of seafood. Very much a home cooked, comfort feel. We will see how it all works out though!

Just give it time! I'm sure you will figure out a way to make moving work if you really want to. And it seems like you two really do! I know you have talked a lot about moving out of state. Where would you eventually like to end up?
x_mia_x
x_mia_x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum