Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crazy stuff.

4 posters

Go down

crazy stuff. Empty crazy stuff.

Post by ayan Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:41 am

First of all I want to start by saying Hi to everyone! I hope you're all doing just wonderful Very Happy Very Happy . Now I am sure you have heard of this by now, but too much shooting is going on recently. First the Colorado shooter to this day I don't know what his motives were I just think he let his imagination run wild in the worst possible way. And then it was the sikh temple shooting in Wisconsin. That is sad for many reasons number one those poor innocent lives shouldn't have died because they were just doing their business and worshiping their God, and number 2 I heard there is a chance he has mistaken them for Muslims (which you know makes me feel all good inside tongue ) and severely injuring a poor old police man that risked his life.

Now I know I am just venting, but I have a point or at least I thought did when I was starting the post... oh yes is it just me or doesn't it make you feel that too much hate on violence is going on just in this country? I know it is not something new, but usually it was just one person death now it is mass murdering and stuff. Number two the whole gun issue. Some people say guns don't kill people people kill people, but at the sometime there is flaw to that Idea.... Do you think we need better gun laws or better people laws?

ayan

Back to top Go down

crazy stuff. Empty Re: crazy stuff.

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:34 am

Doing anything with the laws isn't going to change a damn thing. Criminals don't obey laws....so what's the point? All stricter gun laws are going to do is make it more difficult for responsible, sane people to exorcise their constitutional right to bear arms.

It starts with children. They need to be taught tolerance and respect when they're young. Schools need to step up and create programs that teach about other cultures so that as they grow up, any bigotry or ignorance of their parents don't get passed on to them. I think that would really help with hate crimes, like the dick in Wisconsin. The Batman guy is just nuts.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:58 am

The point about gun control only taking guns away from the good guys is brought up a lot... If someone really wants to mass murder people, they'll get their hands on a weapon, whether it's legal or not.

But we can't just say, "Well, shit happens." No, there's no way we could ever stop every attack, but we can at least try.

There's a first time for everything. You've gotta start somewhere. As a matter of fact, the first time one shoots up a public place is generally the only time (unless they're sneaky like a boss). Unless they're using some fully automatic machine gun, I'm sure a lot of the shooters got their guns legally. If you don't have a criminal record, you can get guns. And until you do something illegal, your record is clean. That's why you get the guns: to murder and then mar your record. Though that's only in crazy circumstances. I'm not insinuating anyone with a gun intends to whack people.

The guy who shot up the theater in Colorado is a perfect example. The news emphasized that the only thing on his record was a minor traffic violation. Does a speeding ticket or something make you a bad person? Uh, no. He was seemingly an awesome guy. Top of his class. Young. Funny. Just a cool dude, or so everyone thought. His reputation allowed him to LEGALLY purchase and register the guns he used to kill what was it, 12 people?

So no, gun control isn't going to stop the killings, but I really believe it could've stopped this one.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47 am

ayan wrote:First of all I want to start by saying Hi to everyone!
Hi Smile

Now I know I am just venting, but I have a point or at least I thought did when I was starting the post... oh yes is it just me or doesn't it make you feel that too much hate on violence is going on just in this country?
It's actually modern technology. Now even the smallest incident can be widely broadcasted. But statistically you (especially in the USA) haven't had so much peace and so little violence in decades. You are at a really good place but you also have really irresponsible journalists

Some people say guns don't kill people people kill people, but at the sometime there is flaw to that Idea.... Do you think we need better gun laws or better people laws?
You already have some semi decent laws. The problem is enforcing them well and theinsane gun lobby which needs to be dismantled at any cost

Doing anything with the laws isn't going to change a damn thing. Criminals don't obey laws....so what's the point?
You would be surprised. Properly enforced laws can change a lot. And criminals adapt to them. Just look at gangs. There has been a decrease gang violence has declines for the simple reason that they have moved to...fraud. It's more profitable then violent crimes and less likely to get them sent to jail. Same would be with guns. You bring enough heat and criminals would adapt to something new.
Or for example if you enforce a law stating that anyone who wants a gun must first go through an expensive two week gun training and safety seminar which he must repeat every year and a psychological check that he must repeat every 6 months then you may deter a few irresponsible asshole who guns just for fun and just because they can have them. I mean in what universe does it make sense to be able to get a gun easier then a drivers license?

Laws work if they are implemented and enforced properly. You just need competent people for this

The point about gun control only taking guns away from the good guys is brought up a lot... If someone really wants to mass murder people, they'll get their hands on a weapon, whether it's legal or not
Not really. That works mostly in movie. In the real world an average person getting their hands on a weapon especially a more powerful weapon is not that easy. There is law enforcment monitoring places and people, there are snitches reporting and of course there are the criminals themselves who are just as likely to rip you off and beat the hell out of you instead of selling you the gun if you don't look the right part. Of course there is the possibility of getting a gun but there is also a very high chance of ending up in jail or in the hospital for anyone who randomly decides to shop for illegal weapons

So no, gun control isn't going to stop the killings, but I really believe it could've stopped this one.
I think this is one of the biggest. This mentality that both politicians and journalist are pushing. Cheap fast solutions or failure. Concentrating on one example instead of the whole pattern. The real world rarely works like this. You need time and effort for real change to take place but the politicians on both sides are trying to convince us otherwise
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum