Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the penalty for underaged drinking?

5 posters

Go down

What's the penalty for underaged drinking? Empty What's the penalty for underaged drinking?

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:12 am

Before you jump to conclusions, it's not me. I'm a saint. flower

Anyway, in the county I lived in Virginia (have I told you guys I moved back to California? because I did... like a month ago), the newspaper has a "Busted" section that lists every single crime committed by anyone over 18. Like even the most minor stuff is in there. A guy I know was once in it for speeding. Seriously. That's how small the place is.

A kid that goes to my school posted a picture on Facebook from the paper. It listed 3 of my friends, who were caught for underaged possession of alcohol. Like 5 minutes after the picture was posted, one of the girls got all pissy and told him to remove it, which he did.

My best friend hung out with one of the girls a couple days after it happened, and she didn't say anything. And everyone's afraid to ask them about their adventures. Haha.

Being super nosy, I just want to know some details... Does anyone know what would've happened? Like would they be taken to jail, at least until they could call their parents? And what's the punishment for drinking before you're 21?

Honestly, I was shocked. Two of the girls were in the top 10 of our class (the other graduated last year and was also towards the top, if I recall correctly). They both got full scholarships to college (is it possible for them to lose those?). They're smart cookies. I knew they drank, but I didn't think they would be so stupid as to get caught. >.<
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

What's the penalty for underaged drinking? Empty Re: What's the penalty for underaged drinking?

Post by tessa419 Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:31 am

Where I live they usually take you to jail to sober up. You have court 2 days later and usually get 3 days jail time for your first underage.
tessa419
tessa419

Back to top Go down

What's the penalty for underaged drinking? Empty Re: What's the penalty for underaged drinking?

Post by Rex Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 am

tessa419 wrote:Where I live they usually take you to jail to sober up. You have court 2 days later and usually get 3 days jail time for your first underage.
Is this for drinking or for being actually drunk in public?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by tessa419 Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:09 am

Rex wrote:
tessa419 wrote:Where I live they usually take you to jail to sober up. You have court 2 days later and usually get 3 days jail time for your first underage.
Is this for drinking or for being actually drunk in public?

Getting caught being drunk in public ex:at a bar, ect. And they usually fine you, and you can't enter an establishment that serves alcohol. And you have to take alcohol classes.
tessa419
tessa419

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47 am

Damn that's harsh. But probably fair. Especially if it prevents dickish drunk drivers
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:31 pm

You would get a MIP and a fine. My brother has been busted for underage drinking and all they did was give him a citation.

Of course that was way back in the day, So rules could have changed by now.
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm sure it varies in different areas. Come to think if it, I've never even heard of anyone getting busted for underage drinking here; apparently it's not that serious to where the media cares.

It's considered a violation in NY, not a crime, you can't go to jail for it. Most they can do to you is fine you or order community service or alcohol class. If you're under 21 and caught driving with alcohol in your system, you automatically lose your license for 6 months to a year. The standard DWI penalties apply if their BAC is over .08%.

No idea what happens when someone first gets caught. I'm assuming they're kept at the police station while the parents are contacted.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum