Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should pregnancy be eliminated?

5 posters

Go down

Should pregnancy be eliminated? Empty Should pregnancy be eliminated?

Post by Rex Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:54 am

Pregnancy seems like a very time consuming process with an almost endless amounts of negative and time consuming consequences not just for the woman herself but for society as well. And the benefits seems very few in comparisons. Basically just the child itself and larger boobs for a while

Which brings me to what we saw in Kyle XY. Artificial wombs. It seems like a wonderful idea and something which with proper investment and research is well within our technology. Both the mother and the child would be a lot safer and everything would be far more efficient.

So if the technology is developed would you be pro or against artificial wombs and would use them yourself instead of going through pregnancy(or your girlfriend having to go through pregnancy)?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Should pregnancy be eliminated? Empty Re: Should pregnancy be eliminated?

Post by ayan Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:32 pm

I think I would. I am very uncomfortable with the idea of being pregnant. I mean I don't want to get bigger, I don't want to have to change my diet, but at the same time I want to have children in the future. So if techno like this becomes available why not? A con would be that maybe some mothers might be afraid they won't feel close to their baby. There is a saying a man becomes a father the second his sees his child, but a woman becomes a mother second she finds out she is pregnant. Other than that wonderful idea.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Even if it were possible or almost possible with today's technology chances are only the rich would be able to afford something like this.

Even if it became wide spread useage I'd be a bit hesitant about it. I wouldn't be against it, not out right, but I'd also be a bit concerned for the parents. As Ayan put it... you wouldn't have to change anything about your life... at least not much until 9 months or so are up.

This strikes me as wrong and I am not sure if I can fully explain it. Pregnancy forces the mother to consider the baby's needs. One could say it's an adjustment period for mothers to be. But if you eliminate pregnancy and replace it artificial wombs the mother can smoke, drink and eat whatever they want.

While I wouldn't even begin to argue that all women would be like this. Of course you could argue that an artificial womb would be perfect for those with little desire to change things up. Less damage to the baby.

There are countless benefits of an artificial womb... which sorta makes it impossible to actually argue against the use in general.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:37 am

Hmm I was hoping for more disagreement....

I do wonder how society as whole would react to this because this might very well be the next great buisness idea. Especially in Europe, Japan and generally industrialised countries where a pregnancy hurts the woman's career a lot
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Rex wrote:Hmm I was hoping for more disagreement....

I do wonder how society as whole would react to this because this might very well be the next great buisness idea. Especially in Europe, Japan and generally industrialised countries where a pregnancy hurts the woman's career a lot

Hmm I can definitely see an artificial womb being a good thing if being pregnant would hurt the womans career. It also be great for large businesses that rely on women who might want to get pregnant.

In general I really can't disagree with this.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Well...

Personally, I find pregnancy kind of disgusting. Not gonna happen to me if I have anything to do with it. So if I really wanted kids, I would do it. But at the same time, I don't even want my own kids at all. I'm not into the idea of overpopulating the world so that there are tiny versions of myself I can use for my own entertainment purposes.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Well...

Personally, I find pregnancy kind of disgusting. Not gonna happen to me if I have anything to do with it. So if I really wanted kids, I would do it. But at the same time, I don't even want my own kids at all. I'm not into the idea of overpopulating the world so that there are tiny versions of myself I can use for my own entertainment purposes.

I know what you mean. The idea of getting pregnant repulses me. I am not trying to offend anyone, but I just find it so bizarre and disgusting, with that said I do want children someday.. Heck who is going to get me glass of water when am 80 and can't get up?.. Unless Aliens take over, then who would need kids?

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:16 pm

I would support that. I don't like pain. I don't want to get fat, or have stretch marks. And I don't want to push a human out of my vagina or have it cut out of me. No thank you.

All things pregnancy gross me out. Even when ladies feel the need to post pictures of their massive baby gut sticking out over their pants, or the positive pee stick. Ew. (No offense intended, of course) And I don't care, those 3D sonograms are fucking creepy.

xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum