Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow... it's... snowing.

+3
ayan
xChorusOfAngelsx
Unit7
7 posters

Go down

Snow... it's... snowing. Empty Snow... it's... snowing.

Post by Unit7 Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:02 am

I can't remember the last time it snowed before Halloween... Which either means it happened when I was asleep OR I am going to be doing a bunch of shoveling this winter. I was actually hoping for a repeat of last year with very little snow.

Oh well. Actually I don't mind the snow it's the shoveling part I don't like. In fact I love being outside and watching the snow fall. Unless it's very windy out.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Snow... it's... snowing. Empty Re: Snow... it's... snowing.

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm hoping the temperature stays up in the 40s and 50s here into next week, otherwise we get hurricane snow O_o. Forecast looks good so far, so it should be just rain and wind. But you never freakin' know in NY.

I'm hoping for very little snow again this year too. I don't care about snow removal; my dad takes care of my mom's driveway with his snow blower and apartment maintenance staff keeps the parking lot clear. It's just all the idiots who drive like they've never seen winter before that bug me. Either driving too fast so they lose control and almost hit me, or going ridiculously slow and making me late for work.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm

oh wow! it snowed for us today as well. It is not that foreign to us actually. The earliest snow Minnesota ever had was august 11 I think only few years back.. I am not gonna lie, I am not looking forward to the brutal cold.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:45 am

Wait... snow in August? That is... wow. I always heard that winter was brutal in Minnesota... or was that Michigan? Either way that is insane.

Hurricane Snow...

Now that would be interesting. Hopefully it doesn't happen though.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:20 am

Wow this is amazing. Just last week it was 25C here and I could walk absolutely comfortably in what do you call them flip flops and short pants. Hard to believe it can already be snowing where you guys are. Kinda cool to be part of a global community

I kinda love winter but I love it when I am out of the city. In the city winter is just nasty. As soon as it gets even slightly warmer it's all mud everywhere. Horrible
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:52 am

It's still pretty warm here. But in Southern California, we never get snow. Winter is like 50 degrees. Very Happy
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Sucks to be you. I've been in the snow one day in my life. Not a fan. XD

I'm same as Hannah, about... Average highs where I'm at in the winter are between 45-55 degrees, never snow. Just dense fog and sometimes rain. Though, the Sierras are an hour away, if anyone wanted to be in the snow, they can just go there.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Unit7 wrote:Wait... snow in August? That is... wow. I always heard that winter was brutal in Minnesota... or was that Michigan? Either way that is insane.

Winter here in Michigan isn't all that bad. I live in southern Michigan and a good winter we can get up to 2 feet on average. Up north however, they usually get a lot more.
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Yea we had snow is August. Fun right ? tongue seriously though it is not that brutal! but sometimes we can get blizzards that get up to 20 inches. Also when I was in high school and grade school, we had snow days. if the Temp went below negative 24 school would be canceled. We had 2 to 4 snow days almost every year.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:12 pm

ayan wrote:Yea we had snow is August. Fun right ? tongue seriously though it is not that brutal! but sometimes we can get blizzards that get up to 20 inches. Also when I was in high school and grade school, we had snow days. if the Temp went below negative 24 school would be canceled. We had 2 to 4 snow days almost every year.

Same here, but with a little more snow. We get the lovely lake effect snow that comes off of Lake Ontario, so usually in big storms when that happens, we'll get 2+ feet. More the closer you go to the lake. A several years ago, one area got like 10 feet all in one week. Pretty badass, but I'm glad I wasn't there. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/12/nyregion/12snow.html?_r=0

We used to have to shovel paths in the yard for my dog.
Snow... it's... snowing. P6110012
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:46 pm

That picture looks super awesome actually. I love snow, I am just not so crazy about the cold. I think people already saw this, but its still awesome. Snow makes the roof of the Metrodome (Vikings Stadium) to collapse.

[url][/url]

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum