Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yay I Won This Year!

2 posters

Go down

Yay I Won This Year! Empty Yay I Won This Year!

Post by Unit7 Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Holy crap. For awhile there I wasn't sure I could get it done. Sure I ended up changing my plot a few times over the course of November. It went from Zombies, to religious fantatics, to Elves who think they are so superior that they can waltz right into Heaven... or whatever I decide to call the place where my Pantheon lives.

I currently have 50,250 words. Now I could continue on and get some more words in while I have time. But you know what? All I want to do is print this bad boy off and burn it. It's horrible. Now I love many of the scenes but with all the plot changing and such it's a mess. But still... I learned alot about my fictional universe and thats what matters.

Oh and my two FMCs ended up together in the last few hundred words or so. Which is awesome. In fact I made it a point to make it so that my 50k word was kissed... because all of my main pairings never kiss or get together by the end of the month.

Anyways...

Now I am going to take a break from this and focus my writing on something else. Something I'll actually share with you guys. Very Happy

Last edited by Unit7 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Yay I Won This Year! Empty Re: Yay I Won This Year!

Post by Rex Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 pm

I was wondering when you were going to post this Smile So what's the topic this year?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:48 am

Oddly enough it's about a Princess who, once she turns 16, must undergo military training in order for her to have any sort of claim to the throne if her siblings and father were to... well die.

Unfortunately for her an ancient order known as the Order of Nightingales takes has chosen her to become their latest recruit. For whatever reason. Because she has no actual choice she is forced to give up all claims to the throne whether she completes the training or not. Well it's a slight bit complicated.

Meanwhile the Church and the King have been at odds lately. The whole Nightingale, whom the Church believes are... well more or less Devil Worshipers.(well thats the short of it) anyways that whole thing sorta really pisses off the Church.

Anyways the novel would sort of explore the dual nature of Religion in general. How on one hand it can be a great thing and bring people together in a common goal. While on the other hand it can be used as a weapon. Nothing says "Do unthinkable things in the name of your god!" like religion can.

Unfortunately I actually feel strongly about this story and don't have any plans to put it up here. I'd actually like to see if I can't finish, edit, maybe rewrite it, edit it again, and then someday get it published.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Because spongebob singing this song is amazing. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum