Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Officially Hate Evil Double Agent/Doppleganger Plot Lines.

Go down

I Officially Hate Evil Double Agent/Doppleganger Plot Lines. Empty I Officially Hate Evil Double Agent/Doppleganger Plot Lines.

Post by Unit7 Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:42 am

Seriously I hate them. Well thats not entirely true. I love it when the Double Agent is working for the good guys because thats always fun. But I hate knowing who the mole is or that a character has been replaced by a clone or a robot or shapeshifter or whatever.

Their have only been 2 times where I enjoyed this kind of storyline. The obvious coming from Lost. Mostly because the viewer wasn't let in on the whole switch until everyone else did. Hell I don't think the actor knew he was no longer really playing his character.

Then there is Homeland. Somehow they made it work and I loved it.

Now I think my biggest gripe with it is that I just hate knowing. In both Lost and Homeland you really didn't know. Homeland had a set up where you were constantly questioning a characters allegiance. Was he a terrorist or wasn't he? KNowing who the double agent/doppleganger is just makes everything more annoying.

Maybe I just love the Twist Ending. Don't show me who it is right away. Give me hints and clues Thorw in a few suspects. Clear those suspects and then make them look guilty all over again.

When everyone finds out or about to find out give me a BEAUTIFUL montage of all the hints and clues as to how this person is the double agent/doppleganger. A montage that will blow my mind and make me love the series all the more.

This is how I want my Double Agents/Doppleganger storylines to be like. Give me this, or give me death.

Now my really big issue with Dopplegangers is that everyone trusts them and why not? I mean they look and sound and know things your best friend/partner knows. So of course you trust them. Now I don't mind a one episode type deal... but when it's an ongoing story arc it just pisses me off.

I get that it's a great way to stir up some suspense and keep viewers. I am sure a whole bunch of people love this type of stuff. Me? I don't. Mostly because I just want to scream at the characters "WHY ARE YOU TRUSTING THEM? CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT's GOING ON!"

Though I do admit that I do tend to enjoy when the Double Agent/Doppleganger is revealed and get their asses kicked.

Of course... maybe I am just still bitter about Nina Myers?

Though I do love it when the GOOD guys are the double agents. I mean seriously then its all sorts of fun. Unless of course it feels like every couple of episodes they are at serious risk of being exposed. Sure I get it, it's bound to happen on occasion... unless you are allied with the Evil Clandestined Group With A Neat And Simple Name. Then you know it's not until 40 episodes later that someone finally FINALLY suspects anything and then you know convienient tin foil hat inducing incident happens that just gets them a clean slate.

Which btw is more or less why Homeland blew my mind when Saul didn't end up dead and a certain video didn't end up conveniently destroyed...

But yeah. Good guys as double agents? Love them. Bad guys? Means I need anger management.

Sorry if this is a bit incoherent... I am just sorta rambling. lol

Oh and...

Lab7 is not liable for any odd symptoms you may experience after reading this post. So if you are bleeding from the eyes, nose or mouth.. It was so not our fault.

Now if you see ghosts of dead relatives, specifically a great great grandfather... we would like to get in touch with you. Smile

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

I Officially Hate Evil Double Agent/Doppleganger Plot Lines. Empty Re: I Officially Hate Evil Double Agent/Doppleganger Plot Lines.

Post by Unit7 Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Oh one more thing.

The Close Calls. A great example is from Dexter(only you know I loved it in that one) where there is literally just a small bit of plastic between the Double Agent in a compromising situation and the Good Guys.

I suppose you could considering Dexter a double agent of sorts. You know Serial Killer who works for the cops? Sure technically they are all on the same side. But I'd list this one up with Homeland and Lost.

But seriously I hate those close calls. I mean the first time is expected. You know? I accept that and enjoy it. But eventually there seems to be this need for the directors and screen writers to put one in every other episode. Slight exaggeration perhaps but still.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

I Officially Hate Evil Double Agent/Doppleganger Plot Lines. Empty Re: I Officially Hate Evil Double Agent/Doppleganger Plot Lines.

Post by Unit7 Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 pm

*head desk* Damn it not again.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum