Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOT GOOD News for environmental folks

+3
MrsJazz
brown eyes sp
scifidawn
7 posters

Go down

NOT GOOD News for environmental folks Empty NOT GOOD News for environmental folks

Post by scifidawn Thu May 27, 2010 6:21 am

It looks like, they think, that they have PLUGGED the stupid oil leak. Pray they are correct and then they can get on with clean up. Oh those poor people who live there. Many have now lost their jobs and the poor animals. What a mess!

More recent comment below.

Last edited by scifidawn on Sun May 30, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

NOT GOOD News for environmental folks Empty Re: NOT GOOD News for environmental folks

Post by brown eyes sp Thu May 27, 2010 6:43 am

I hope so, I REALLY hope so, but I have my reservations until it's checked out more. I don't trust BP as far as I can throw them.
brown eyes sp
brown eyes sp

Back to top Go down

NOT GOOD News for environmental folks Empty Re: NOT GOOD News for environmental folks

Post by scifidawn Thu May 27, 2010 9:34 am

brown eyes sp wrote:I hope so, I REALLY hope so, but I have my reservations until it's checked out more. I don't trust BP as far as I can throw them.

Me either. This happened because they chose to use something less expensive in the building of part of this fiasco. What a total mess!!!
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Thu May 27, 2010 9:41 am

I hope they've got it taken care of. So hard to th ink oil was found just where Adam and I were snorkeling off the coast. It's heart breaking.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu May 27, 2010 12:44 pm

So I take it they didn't take that guys advice and use a nuclear warhead?

Also if its true they used something less expensive in the building... what were they thinking? I would think that coughing up the extra cash to build something properly would cost less in the long run if something goes bad. Because when something like this goes bad, it goes terribly bad.

They should have just bought and used the best material for the job.

Better to over spend a little, then to have to clean up a mess and lose so much more. >.<
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Thu May 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Took long enough. I hope it is plugged and they're close to stopping it.

I've been wondering why they didn't have a plan in place in case something like this happened. It seems like it shouldn't take a month to stop.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Unit7 wrote:So I take it they didn't take that guys advice and use a nuclear warhead?

Also if its true they used something less expensive in the building... what were they thinking? I would think that coughing up the extra cash to build something properly would cost less in the long run if something goes bad. Because when something like this goes bad, it goes terribly bad.

They should have just bought and used the best material for the job.

Better to over spend a little, then to have to clean up a mess and lose so much more. >.<

Here is a nice clip that tries to explore who is to blame (the blame starts at around 4:20)

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
There Will Be Blame
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun May 30, 2010 5:36 pm

It did not work. We are still in trouble as that stupid oil keeps spilling out! There is some discussion of another solution, which may make things worse if it fails. I just do not know what is going to happen. Sigh. This is awful!
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun May 30, 2010 5:39 pm

This is why our Government shouldn't leave such companies to their own devices. They should not be fully capable of policing themselves and need some third party to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.

Because when things like this go bad it doesn't just effect that company, it sends ripples throughout the nation. >.<
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sun May 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Dawn have you seen their live video feed? It's so terrible watching it.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Sun May 30, 2010 6:48 pm

I can't stand this situation. I'm not only upset about the environment and the ocean in general being polluted but I feel so awful for the animals living in the filth ): I hope they get it fixed soon... its so terrible.
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

https://www.youtube.com/user/vampdamonlove#p/a/f/1/Ok23-RtWe9s

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun May 30, 2010 6:48 pm

MrsJazz wrote:Dawn have you seen their live video feed? It's so terrible watching it.

Yes. It makes me want to cry! Are you an environmental person? Although I am a conservative, I am also an enviornmental freak. (Take that those who stereotype Conservatives. Ha.)

No, this breaks my heart. The poor guys who were killed. The poor animals. The poor people, loosing their livelihoods. And watching that junk poor out of that tube is awful.

I just do not get why they do not just try piling stuff on top of it. Eventually it will stop or slow it till they can build the others which they do not think will be done till AUGUST!!!!

I just do not get why they drilled in the ocean, and not on land. Do you know how much oil land there is in Alaska!!?
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun May 30, 2010 6:55 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:Dawn have you seen their live video feed? It's so terrible watching it.

Yes. It makes me want to cry! Are you an environmental person? Although I am a conservative, I am also an enviornmental freak. (Take that those who stereotype Conservatives. Ha.)

No, this breaks my heart. The poor guys who were killed. The poor animals. The poor people, loosing their livelihoods. And watching that junk poor out of that tube is awful.

I just do not get why they do not just try piling stuff on top of it. Eventually it will stop or slow it till they can build the others which they do not think will be done till AUGUST!!!!

I just do not get why they drilled in the ocean, and not on land. Do you know how much oil land there is in Alaska!!?

Ironically... or maybe not. I never was good with irony. Don't think so anyways.

The enviormentalist fear that if they start drilling in Alaska it will have adverse effects on the wild life and such. I think that was the reason anyways.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun May 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Unit7 wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

Ironically... or maybe not. I never was good with irony. Don't think so anyways.

The enviormentalist fear that if they start drilling in Alaska it will have adverse effects on the wild life and such. I think that was the reason anyways.

The funny thing about that is that the carabou love the pipelines etc. It is warm there. Sometimes environmentalists go too far.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun May 30, 2010 7:01 pm

To behonest I am still all for Offshore drilling(though someone on a different forum mentioned that where is the giant outcry and true demand for change for this) I just believe that if done, it should be under strict control. No half assing it on any of it.

Though to be even more honest, I wish we would forget about oil and turn to more renewable resources. Always been a fan of Nuclear Power. Well maybe its not exactly renewable, but definitely something we should get more of.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun May 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Unit7 wrote:To behonest I am still all for Offshore drilling(though someone on a different forum mentioned that where is the giant outcry and true demand for change for this) I just believe that if done, it should be under strict control. No half assing it on any of it.

Though to be even more honest, I wish we would forget about oil and turn to more renewable resources. Always been a fan of Nuclear Power. Well maybe its not exactly renewable, but definitely something we should get more of.

I used to be for offshore, because from what I understood, the technology is so much safer than at the time of the Valdeez. This prooves it is not. So, I have changed me view on this. Onshore is better.

Bicycles. No, not practical and I am joking, but bicycles are good for short distances, and healthy too.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum