Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need an answer in 12 hours

2 posters

Go down

I need an answer in 12 hours Empty I need an answer in 12 hours

Post by Rex Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Should I go watch The Hobbit tomorrow or on January the 8th? What do you think? Is it so good that there is no point in wasting time?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

I need an answer in 12 hours Empty Re: I need an answer in 12 hours

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:17 pm

It's pretty great. The entire time, I kept thinking, "I've seen this before" just because it's so freakin' similar to the book. It's almost exactly how I pictured everything, anyway. If you read and enjoyed the book, you'll like the movie. Very Happy

But as for when you see it, why does that matter? You'll see it either way, right?
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Well there is 3d discount on tuesdays(almost 30% which is pretty good) and I hate watching a movie with a super packed theater. So I had to chose between yesterday the 25th(when it will most likely be packed) or wait fruther down the line. Although I really want to see in a HFR to se what the fuss was about so I am worried if they will still screen in HFR further down the line.

Yes I make movie going way too complicated in my mind
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 pm

As long as you're able to focus on the movie, I don't think the crowdedness of the theater matters. I went to the midnight premiere and expected there to be lots of cheering and annoying screams (only TRUE fans go at midnight, right?). But no. Yes, there were people dressed up as characters and stuff, but The Hobbit isn't fucking Twilight. The fans are respectful, intelligent humans who just want to enjoy a good movie.

See it whenever it's cheapest. That's the only legitimate piece of your argument.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Nah. I am a freak. I really get annoyed by people talking,chewing and generally making any noise near me. And even worse when there are children god I can't stand children in movie theaters they are so annoying so holidays are a complete no no for me

And by the way I have never actually read the book. Is it good? Better or worse then LOTR?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Maybe you should just bootleg it and watch it in your own home then...?

WHAT?! Gah, it's amazing. And I hate reading.

But I've never actually even attempted to read any of Lord of the Rings. I liked the movies though. Smile But the Hobbit is way different. It's more light-hearted and stuff. It's easier to sit through hahaha.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:23 am

Nah I like to support movies that I like even if my contribution is minimal not to mention it takes at least 3-4 months until there is a good leaked version. I will just see it in January. Which would be cool. I might make it a treat for my birthday Smile

I know. I just never go around to buying. And while I liked the LOTR books they just didn't really get me excited to the point where I would hunt down the prequel

I read them although I must admit that it was the light stuff that I didn't like. The songs the horrible Tom Bombadil stuff I could barely stand it

Still I will probably read the Hobbit once I watched the movie. Wouldn't want to spoile myself till then Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:54 am

Well it's not light-hearted in a bad way, I don't think... It's just more fantasy than adventure. It still has battle scenes, kind of, but overall, it's funny and stuff.

If you want to see the movie before reading the book, you probably will want to wait another couple years to read it. Hahahaha. You'll see...
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum