Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curse levels

5 posters

Go down

Curse levels Empty Curse levels

Post by Rex Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:50 am

You know I was thinking there does seem to this natural unsaid levels of cursing.

Like for example you have the Ned Flanders level with things like :

Gosh, darn

You have the average everyday level with things like :

idiot, bitch, moron, retard, jerk

Then you have the Deborah Morgan/things you try to avoid using level :

cunt,fag, whore and so on

So I can't help but wonder where would you put the word fuck? On which level? And in general what are your levels of cursing?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Curse levels Empty Re: Curse levels

Post by Unit7 Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Not sure right now i dont have internet so i guess ill have time to consider it. using my cell sucks so not sure when ill be back
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:33 pm

I guess I would go with the average everyday level. I must say though Fuck is probably my favorite curse word... I mean its appropriate for everything. when angry, sad, happy, or disappointed. Or I might be a little crazy haha.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:36 am

I feel like your levels are wrong... I don't try to avoid the word "whore." Maybe that's just because I'm a woman, so I'm allowed to say it (kind of like how black people can say the N-word hahahah), but I call guys manwhores.

And if whore is something to avoid saying, certainly "bitch" is as well... At least I would think so.

As for "fuck," undecided. I guess it depends on your criteria. It's generally regarded as being really bad, so my first thought would be category 3. But I don't think it fits there. Your category 3 words are things that are just offensive to people in general. Fuck isn't hurting anybody. So I guess category 2...

My level is different depending on the situation. I don't use foul language at all with my family or most of my friends (I go to a Christian college, so everyone's pretty prudish), but with those who don't care, I have no filter. But that's not to say I'm being hypocritical, persay. I'm not being a different person to fit the situation, I don't think. I don't deny the fact that I have a pottymouth when I'm with Ned Flanders types. I think I just don't talk like that with the goody-goodies because I know they don't like it. I try to be respectful, and if cursing offends someone, I don't do it.

That being said, I don't like using the Lord's name in vain, racial slurs, offensive terms for gay people, or the C-word. Anything else is pretty much fair game. Twisted Evil
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:40 pm

When I was growing up, fuck was the ultimate swear word. It was the worst one you could possibly say; they only one I didn't dare say in front of my parents. Now it's just not as bad as it seemed then because it's everywhere and as versatile as shit. Fuck you, fuck me, fuck it, fuck this, fuck that, happy as fuck, sad as fuck, dumb fuck, oh fuck. Emphasizing something; It's fucking amazing, I'm fucking awesome. I just think it gets overused and it annoys me a lot when I hear little teenie boppers using it 5 times in one sentence because they think it's cool. Like they'll emphasize it. You know how old people start to loose their filter as to what they should and should not say to people? I think that's happening to me already and one of these days I'm going to say something while in line at a concert eavesdropping. "Watch your mouths you little bastards! You sound like stupid little bitches."

Cunt I think holds the highest level of swearing, it just sounds filthy.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:52 am

Hmm interesting point. I don't know I see whore as worse because it's connected to the rather sad practice of making women feel ashamed of their sexuality. While bitch is like the equivalent of a jerk to me

Wow I have to admit I feel the same way. I mean sure interjecting a random fuck in a sentence is practically normal but whenever I heard some kiddies or worse people my age or older trying to use fuck every two seconds it's just childish and annoying

Agreed on this
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum