Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could chose between Heaven and Hell?

+2
xChorusOfAngelsx
Rex
6 posters

Go down

If you could chose between Heaven and Hell? Empty If you could chose between Heaven and Hell?

Post by Rex Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:41 am

I am curious. If you could chose between Heaven and Hell provided that Heaven is a place where you will spend all of eternity feeling only joy and happiness and no negative emotions ever and you must strictly follow all the rules and hell is a place pretty much the same as our world with all it's good and bad sides and you have the freedom to exist in whatever way you wanted to? What would you chose?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

If you could chose between Heaven and Hell? Empty Re: If you could chose between Heaven and Hell?

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:01 am

I think I would choose hell. This world is working fine for me; might as well stick to what I'm used to. Having to deal with the challenges and evils of the world builds character, it makes you who you are.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

If you could chose between Heaven and Hell? Empty Re: If you could chose between Heaven and Hell?

Post by tessa419 Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 am

I agree with Chorus. I would choose Hell also, if everything isn't happy joy joy all the time right now, why would I want to have to adjust to that?
tessa419
tessa419

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 pm

I think you're asking the wrong question. Who says that's what heaven and hell are like?

Hell isn't just a place where you don't have to follow the rules. It's not like this world. It's a place of eternal suffering. It's not good AND bad. It's all bad. It's a place of separation from God. No mercy.

The way you described heaven seems so... regimented. It's a place of bliss because we won't be under the curse of sin any more. It's not that we "follow the rules" because we have no free will. We'll be perfect, so we won't WANT to do anything bad.

I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but what you're looking for doesn't exist. The very assumptions that heaven and hell exist are teachings of religion. I've never heard any religion describe hell as "not that bad."
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm

I would choose heaven. I mean I already live on Earth and know what suffering is, I don't need to experience it anymore. If I could live a joyful life for eternity! why not? I don't want any suffering.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:47 pm

I totally agree with Ayan. I'd rather have that optimistic feeling 24/7 and not having to worry about anything bad happening, etc;
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:I think you're asking the wrong question. Who says that's what heaven and hell are like?

Oh no you misunderstand. This is just a thought exercise provided that Heaven and Hell are like that. Just a what if.

I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but what you're looking for doesn't exist. The very assumptions that heaven and hell exist are teachings of religion. I've never heard any religion describe hell as "not that bad."
Exaclty. So I thought let's do something different and see how people would choose if they see Heaven and Hell in a new light

ayan wrote:I would choose heaven. I mean I already live on Earth and know what suffering is, I don't need to experience it anymore. If I could live a joyful life for eternity! why not? I don't want any suffering.]
Ahh but that's the catch. It's not just suffering. It's any negative emotion. No more sadness, no more anger nothing. You can say watch that scenes in UP or the one in Lion King and you will physically not be able to feel sad

I totally agree with Ayan. I'd rather have that optimistic feeling 24/7 and not having to worry about anything bad happening, etc;
Cool. What about the rules. Are you ok with following the same rules forever and never having any say in them?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Well, if that's the catch, I'd still say heaven.

It's not just that there's no negative emotions. There's no reason for negative emotions. I don't think we're gonna spend eternity watching Lion King without the opportunity to cry. What a waste of perfection.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Really? Good for you. I don't know I kinda like my negative emotions. A lot of my favorite shows,books and so on have quite the crushing sadness in them and without I am not sure I would have been able to appreciate them. And there is of course anger ,frustration and so . I don't know I guess I just won't feel like me without my negative emotions
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 pm

I completely understand that, but what's your criteria for "negative" emotions? Who's to say sadness is negative?
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 pm

Sadness,anger,jealousy, irriation., Basically I am putting everything that doesn't mean you feel awesome and utterly at peace as a negative emotion to make this more interesting Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum