Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I just say... I love how innocent kids are.

4 posters

Go down

Can I just say... I love how innocent kids are. Empty Can I just say... I love how innocent kids are.

Post by melissa052 Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Yesterday, I was babysitting my two second cousins, Michael (aged 3) and Ben (1). Michael was sitting with me, playing with my rainbow bracelet while we talked. He asked me what it said, and I told him it didn't say anything, but it meant something. He asked what it meant, and I told him, "It means it's perfectly okay for girls to love girls and boys to love boys. Love is love, and love is good."
He replied asking, "You're a girl. Does that mean you love girls?" I told him yes and and he asks me if it was okay if I still loved him because he was a boy, telling me he would still love me.

It really just goes to show how accepting kids are. All they need is to be filled in with the right information and they just go with it.

Knowing that, I just wonder how the wrong information affects them, later on. I once told the boys there's monsters in my room, as a method to keep them out. Yesterday, they remembered that when my door creaked and Michael immediately ran to hide, thinking the monsters were trying to get out. I just hope I haven't scarred the kid for life or something. XD
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Can I just say... I love how innocent kids are. Empty Re: Can I just say... I love how innocent kids are.

Post by Rex Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:05 am

Oh so very true. Children's minds are fascinating. If you are interested thhey have done some very intriguing experiments with children. Winthrop Kellogg did a very interesting parallel study of his son and a chimp baby. And of course the little Albert experiment is quite famous and it's really fascinating to see the process of conditioning. Harlow's experiments on determining the nature are of course also an interesting read despite that for obvious reasons they were done on monkeys instead of human children. And there is the visual cliff experiment which explores in quite an interesting way the mother child connection versus survival instincts in infants. And of course there is the monstery study!

P.S You probably shouldn't read those studies if you are the more sensitive type of person who....gets disturbed by horrific child abuse
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Can I just say... I love how innocent kids are. Empty Re: Can I just say... I love how innocent kids are.

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 pm

What's scary is that the most evil, small minded people probably started out that way too. They weren't taught right because their parents didn't know better; it's just a never ending cycle of douchebaggery.

It's awesome that your second cousins have someone in their life to teach them to accept everyone for who they are. Smile
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:39 pm

And the worst part is that the best way to combat such douchbaggery is for these people to be exposed to diversity. To meet different people and cultures. Something which is getting harder and harder with the internet where you can isolate yourself in communities that literally share and reinforce every single view point you have no matter how crazy Sad
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Be careful. I wouldn't suggest saying anything that would make their parents mad (not that it should, but I know you have a lot of crazy conservatives in your family). Normally, I would tell you to "give social norms the finger" or something, but I speak from experience here.

You see, when my mom married my stepdad, my aunt and grandma agreed with me that he's a lowlife piece of shit, and they verbalized that (just not in those specific words, of course). When my mama got wind of that, she pushed them out of our lives, and they weren't allowed to see us anymore. I would hate for the same thing to happen to you.

I know this is a cause that's really important to you, and it very well should be, but if there's a good chance it won't fly over well with mommy and daddy, I'd bite your tongue. Given that they're so young, giving them good information every so often probably won't stick with them. They'll grow up influenced predominantly by those who spend the most time with them.

And don't worry about it being "too late" once they're past their formative years. I was raised by a woman who genuinely believes that God is going to physically burn the United States because so many of us support gay rights. Sure, for most of my life, I was quite a bigot. But I learned to think for myself.

If their parents are cool with you saying this stuff, great. Just... again, be careful.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Very true. In cases where the girls has lost her douchvision temporarily it's best not to confront her directly with this. Instead silently sabotage the relationship.It's amazing how much damage you can do to a relationship with just a few words in the right place and of course having access to someone's home
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Can you be more specific? *eagerly takes out notepad and pen*
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Well you usually want to start small. An off hand comment here and there in passing(important not get in a discussion about it). Like for example "Man could he be any more obvious staring at that girl's ass". You do this every once in a while to plant the seeds. Then comes to observe and use phase. You look at what domestic problems they have but don't confront them directly with it. No you say it's a friend. Like for example" Jesus this girl at work keeps complaining about how her husband never washes the dishes. What's the big deal it's just a few dishes. Can't she stop whining"

And if this is one of her own problems she would get angry at you and depending on her personality either stew and try to give a calm reply or just puts you into place. But her anger will continue afterwards and transfer itself to him

Then you get a phone. Either a burner or if you can manage use one from a hotel(or even better a motel) Now if you can change your voice good but as whole it's better to find a sexy female friend for the role. You make sure to call when you know he won't be around. Something along the lines of

" John where are you. I have been waiting". When the girl you are targeting asks who this is you immediately get her to to say "Wrong number. Sorry"

Then you add in the small details. Lipstick on the shirt(right before she does laundry) some girly perfume that lingers and so on. This will slowly destroy their relationship. The good old dead from a thousand cuts. And you will get away scot free. Especially if you play the supportive but doubtful friend

Or if you don't want to bother with so much planning and he is a real douche you can straight out hire a hooker
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:36 pm

What's scary is that the most evil, small minded people probably started out that way too. They weren't taught right because their parents didn't know better; it's just a never ending cycle of douchebaggery.

Yeah, somehow I don't think I'll have to worry about Michael or Ben changing their minds as they grow older. Their parents are the good kind. Smile

Oh so very true. Children's minds are fascinating. If you are interested thhey have done some very intriguing experiments with children. Winthrop Kellogg did a very interesting parallel study of his son and a chimp baby. And of course the little Albert experiment is quite famous and it's really fascinating to see the process of conditioning. Harlow's experiments on determining the nature are of course also an interesting read despite that for obvious reasons they were done on monkeys instead of human children. And there is the visual cliff experiment which explores in quite an interesting way the mother child connection versus survival instincts in infants. And of course there is the monstery study!

I actually have heard about those studies, when I was taking sociology and psychology. Of course, I only learned the basics. It is really fascinating.

Be careful. I wouldn't suggest saying anything that would make their parents mad (not that it should, but I know you have a lot of crazy conservatives in your family). Normally, I would tell you to "give social norms the finger" or something, but I speak from experience here.

You see, when my mom married my stepdad, my aunt and grandma agreed with me that he's a lowlife piece of shit, and they verbalized that (just not in those specific words, of course). When my mama got wind of that, she pushed them out of our lives, and they weren't allowed to see us anymore. I would hate for the same thing to happen to you.

I know this is a cause that's really important to you, and it very well should be, but if there's a good chance it won't fly over well with mommy and daddy, I'd bite your tongue. Given that they're so young, giving them good information every so often probably won't stick with them. They'll grow up influenced predominantly by those who spend the most time with them.

And don't worry about it being "too late" once they're past their formative years. I was raised by a woman who genuinely believes that God is going to physically burn the United States because so many of us support gay rights. Sure, for most of my life, I was quite a bigot. But I learned to think for myself.

If their parents are cool with you saying this stuff, great. Just... again, be careful.

Oh, I know! I wouldn't have said anything if Jenn and John wouldn't react well to them knowing these things. My family isn't really that crazy conservative, I mean there are a few people but those people aren't really ones I'm close to, or have a desire to be close to. The city I live in is crazy conservative, it's not really a good feeling, being gay in Clovis. I like LA better.
And I knew Jenn would be okay with it because she was the third person I willingly came out to, and the love and support I got from her was so overwhelming and honest.

Right now, I'm actually out to everyone, minus my grandma's sister and her family... they are the crazy conservatives that won't accept gay people into their lives. I thought of coming out to her just so she'd leave me alone and stop asking when I'll get married whenever she sees me playing with my niece. But then, the best case scenario would be she leaves and refuses to come back, and grandma would probably be pissed.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum