Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is kind of a weird question...

5 posters

Go down

This is kind of a weird question... Empty This is kind of a weird question...

Post by maggiemay Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:46 am

Have any of you ever had an ingrown toenail removed? If you have did it like really hurt for awhile?

I did last Wednesday and it like hasn't stopped hurting since the numbing stuff wore off. It wakes me up in the middle of the night and just hurts really bad.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

This is kind of a weird question... Empty Re: This is kind of a weird question...

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Ouch. Can't say I've ever had that happen.

Are you taking anything for the pain? Advil is my form of crack. I pop that shit like candy whenever anything hurts.

Make sure you're keeping it clean so it doesn't get infected. Hope it feels better soon.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

This is kind of a weird question... Empty Re: This is kind of a weird question...

Post by maggiemay Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:25 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:Ouch. Can't say I've ever had that happen.

Are you taking anything for the pain? Advil is my form of crack. I pop that shit like candy whenever anything hurts.

Make sure you're keeping it clean so it doesn't get infected. Hope it feels better soon.

I take ibuprofen when it hurts. I take it a lot too. No other pain reliever works for me.

I soak it in water and epsom salt when I have the chance and put medicine they gave me on it and then wrap it up with gauze and tape. It's only exposed to anything when I'm showering. So hopefully it doesn't get infected!

I didn't realize it would hurt this much haha.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:56 am

Yes. Well it wasn't an ingrown so much as my feet kinda got smashed and my toes took the worst of the impact so they had to remove four of my toenails. It was really annoying. Especially since apparently I have an extremely high resistance to drugs to they had to give me four times the normal dose of anesthetic before it finally worked

After the drugs worse of I guess it hurt a little especially since when I was trying to walk but it wasn't too bad. Have you talked to your doctor about it? Especially taking this ibu stuff? Are you sure it's safe?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:23 am

Rex wrote:Yes. Well it wasn't an ingrown so much as my feet kinda got smashed and my toes took the worst of the impact so they had to remove four of my toenails. It was really annoying. Especially since apparently I have an extremely high resistance to drugs to they had to give me four times the normal dose of anesthetic before it finally worked

After the drugs worse of I guess it hurt a little especially since when I was trying to walk but it wasn't too bad. Have you talked to your doctor about it? Especially taking this ibu stuff? Are you sure it's safe?

Ouch! That sounds extremely painful.

Walking and sleeping is when it hurts the most. Ibuprofen is just pain reliever...like acetaminophen and aspirin. I try not to take more than 6 in 24 hours, which is what the bottle says, but it can be hard. It's not that unsafe unless you abuse it. But right now I need it to sleep through the night so it hopefully won't be a long term thing.
But yeah it's safe. If the pain lasts another weekish, I'm going to see the doctor here I went to in February because I won't be able to see mine again until mid May.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:47 am

No, but like 10 years ago, I stepped on my mom's foot, and her toenail fell off. When it grew back, it was ingrown. She's tried epsom salt, she's gone to doctors, everything. Still ingrown. I'm a douchebag. Sad

Probably not what you wanted to hear... Hope yours heals one of these days!
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:No, but like 10 years ago, I stepped on my mom's foot, and her toenail fell off. When it grew back, it was ingrown. She's tried epsom salt, she's gone to doctors, everything. Still ingrown. I'm a douchebag. Sad

Probably not what you wanted to hear... Hope yours heals one of these days!

hahahaha nah that's fine :p It just needs to heal now. Thanks!
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:51 am

maggiemay wrote:
Rex wrote:Yes. Well it wasn't an ingrown so much as my feet kinda got smashed and my toes took the worst of the impact so they had to remove four of my toenails. It was really annoying. Especially since apparently I have an extremely high resistance to drugs to they had to give me four times the normal dose of anesthetic before it finally worked

Walking and sleeping is when it hurts the most. Ibuprofen is just pain reliever...like acetaminophen and aspirin. I try not to take more than 6 in 24 hours, which is what the bottle says, but it can be hard. It's not that unsafe unless you abuse it. But right now I need it to sleep through the night so it hopefully won't be a long term thing.
But yeah it's safe. If the pain lasts another weekish, I'm going to see the doctor here I went to in February because I won't be able to see mine again until mid May.

I guess but it was mostly annoying since you get used to pain. It was really painful mostly when I was palying football(soccer) since kicking a ball with smashed toes really sucks. Still it was better once I finally got the removal

That sounds ...strange. Did you get a doctor to check you out? Maybe you got some small infection. What are you doing post the procedure? With me the doctor told me to soak my feet daily with water with mixed with potassium permanganate and to clean the toes daily with ethanol and iodine to prevent infection. Are you doing this?

Wait seriously? Six whole pills? That seems like a lot.....but I don't really know anything about medicine

I know of aspirin. Although I thought it was only for headache. Anyway you probably should go to a doctor just in case to see if there isn't any infection or some kind of complication
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:02 pm

Aspirin shouldn't be used for headaches. It's not a pain reliever. It's for people with cardiovascular diseases. 6 pills in 24 hours isn't going to hurt you. I have Motrin 800's that I am supposed to take every 3-4 hours for pain as needed from my D & C (I hate taking medicine, so I don't use them). It really shouldn't be hurting this long (I have gotten to assist in removing an ingrown toenail, not my cup-of-tea since I HATE feet, but that's all a part of being in the medical field). Anywho, I would say that if it doesn't stop hurting then I would go to your doctor just to be on the safe side.
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:03 pm

No. I am quite sure it is. It has many other functions as well but headache is definitely at the top of the list
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:25 pm

Rex wrote:
maggiemay wrote:

I guess but it was mostly annoying since you get used to pain. It was really painful mostly when I was palying football(soccer) since kicking a ball with smashed toes really sucks. Still it was better once I finally got the removal

That sounds ...strange. Did you get a doctor to check you out? Maybe you got some small infection. What are you doing post the procedure? With me the doctor told me to soak my feet daily with water with mixed with potassium permanganate and to clean the toes daily with ethanol and iodine to prevent infection. Are you doing this?

Wait seriously? Six whole pills? That seems like a lot.....but I don't really know anything about medicine

I know of aspirin. Although I thought it was only for headache. Anyway you probably should go to a doctor just in case to see if there isn't any infection or some kind of complication

I'm supposed to soak it in water and epsom salt. I do sometimes but it's so hard in a dorm room that I forget or just don't feel like it. Which isn't good I know but it's such a pain. I put silvadene cream on it and put gauze on it and then wrap it up. Change that twice a day.

6 pills isn't that much. They're only 200mg per pill.

It really hurt Friday but today (Saturday) it was fine most of the day. My mom wants me to make an appointment with a doctor here (I won't be home again until mid May) so I probably will to make sure it's okay.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 pm

AshleyMC wrote:Aspirin shouldn't be used for headaches. It's not a pain reliever. It's for people with cardiovascular diseases. 6 pills in 24 hours isn't going to hurt you. I have Motrin 800's that I am supposed to take every 3-4 hours for pain as needed from my D & C (I hate taking medicine, so I don't use them). It really shouldn't be hurting this long (I have gotten to assist in removing an ingrown toenail, not my cup-of-tea since I HATE feet, but that's all a part of being in the medical field). Anywho, I would say that if it doesn't stop hurting then I would go to your doctor just to be on the safe side.

I tried aspirin like once and have never taken it again haha. That's a lot! I try to follow the 6 pills but sometimes I don't care and take them when needed.

It's been a lot better today and never woke me up last night so hopefully the pain is done but I have a doctor here I'll see this coming week or the week after.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum