Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh my god is this true?

2 posters

Go down

Oh my god is this true? Empty Oh my god is this true?

Post by Rex Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:52 am

I just heard from a friend that in the USA if they find a homeless dog, they put it in a pound and if it's not adopted within a month it's killed? Is this true or is my friend yanking chain?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Oh my god is this true? Empty Re: Oh my god is this true?

Post by melissa052 Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:42 am

Yep, sadly, it's true. Though, there are no-kill shelters, but I think the kill ones are easier to find.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:57 am

But why? I can understand killing a dog because it has attacked people or if it's sick but to kill it just because it lives on the streets!?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:07 am

I really don't know. Maybe overpopulation? But even then, I don't get it. Just because dogs, and cats for that matter, can't fight for themselves, they're not as important. I feel like a pet is a part of the family no matter what, but I know not everyone feels the same.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:16 am

Yeah overpopulation can be a problem and that's why around here homeless dogs once caught are simply castrated(and of course vaccinated ) and then they let them back on the street. If anything this helps keep the overpopulation since the dogs now can't breed but they still have their territory and prevent other animals from coming.

Granted it's not very pretty to have homless dogs running around and yes sometimes albeit very rarely they do attack people(although I am pretty sure dogs with owners attack more people) but even so killing them seems like a vast over reaction. You can easily learn to live with them. And in fact most people like them. Almost every block and school has a few homless dogs that hang around and people feed them scraps and love them quite a lot
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum