Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Been A LONG Time

5 posters

Go down

It's Been A LONG Time Empty It's Been A LONG Time

Post by rpgdancer Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:12 am

my family was always concerned about the amount of time I spent online and the amount of time I spent discussing my "friends" (their quotes not mine) Dawn, Trista, Unit, Rex, and the like. They thought I was spending too much of my time trying to make friends with people that I'd never meet and that I needed to get a life... well, i tried that and it didn't work...

i moved halfway across the country for a job that I lost after 90 days. I've attempted to be social and failed. Late last year, at the ripe old age of 22, I was finally diagnosed with Aspergers (high functioning autism). I'd always known I was different, but never knew why. now i know why i felt so safe with all of you; no one knew who i really was. i was free to be me and if you didn't like me, i could just click the ignore button. i didn't stress over every single conversation attempt. i didn't feel awkward all the time.

Now, I need my family again. my dad's in kidney failure and i'm stuck halfway across the country working three retail jobs. I figured I have to start somewhere... so this is me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqkKAv7jSM0

Please be there for me again as you were through all the good and bad times in the past.

<3 RPG

rpgdancer

Back to top Go down

It's Been A LONG Time Empty Re: It's Been A LONG Time

Post by Rex Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:34 am

Helllllllllo.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by tessa419 Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:19 am

Welcome back!
tessa419
tessa419

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Welcome back! Stick around, will ya? It is important to have people in your life that you can socialize with in person, but online buddies aren't terrible. My boyfriend and I met our closest, now "real life" friends on the internet; through car forums and Facebook groups.

Aspergers-shmashpergers. You are who you are. Don't ever let a diagnosis hold you back from anything you want to do. You're not a social butterfly. So? Me neither. I hate people lmao. The only time I ever get out and do things with people other than just my boyfriend or family are at car shows/gatherings about once a month during the summer. In the winter, we're straight up hermits. We go to work and come home, and there's nothing wrong with that. We're happy, that's all that matters. Don't worry about trying to be normal, shape your life the way you want it; do what makes you happy. Don't stress over things you have little to no control over.

I'm sorry about your dad. I hope he's able to find a donor soon. Sad
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:32 am

Welcome back!

I definitely know what you're going though, at least with the parents not liking you being online so much and having so many online friends... My grandma was the same. In fact, if she knew I had as many as I do, she'd probably be rolling in her grave worrying that I'm gonna get myself murdered or something.... She had a very negative "Trust no one!" thing about her...
I've made some of the best friends I've ever had online, even met a few of them in person, and I don't regret it at all. I kind of do regret falling in a mutual love with one of them who lives in the UK because that would never work, with our lack of money.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down