Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would You Reclaim Your Loved One?

3 posters

Go down

Would You Reclaim Your Loved One? Empty Would You Reclaim Your Loved One?

Post by Unit7 Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 pm

Recently... well a couple months back... I read a book called Contaiminated. It's a Young Adult post zombie apocalypse sort of story.(the zombies were more of the 28 day/week later variety) Basically a product known as ThinPro, some protien water, resulted in a epidemic or pandemic where people would get very angry and hostile and act more or less like zombies.

Now that everything has settled down, scientists have found a way to tame the Contaminated through a collar that controls violent impulses. The Contamination has left them... well more or less helpless. They can't bathe on their own, they can barely eat on their own, going to the bathroom by themsleves is a miracle.

Knowing this, knowing that there is never going to be a chance for them to ever recover that you or someone you higher will have to take care of them for the rest of their lives, would you try and find and reclaim a loved one? Would you do it for a parent, a sibling, a girlfriend, a boyfriend or a best friend?

Personally?

I don't think I would. Hell if I were a contaminated I think I much just want someone to end my life.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Would You Reclaim Your Loved One? Empty Re: Would You Reclaim Your Loved One?

Post by Rex Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:28 pm

That's a very eerie question for me right now. My grandma just died this morning. And she was in a very bad shape. before this She has been an invalid for many years and couldn't really move herself much. Her mind was also in a very bad shape and getting progressively worse. So I don't know really. Of course I want her back but would I really want her to keep living this way...I just don't know.

I know that for myself I would much rather be dead but when it comes to your loved ones it's very different
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:45 pm

This is the same dilemma people face when ending loved ones' life support. At what point is it acceptable to pull the plug? My answer: it depends how far gone they are. I know we're told to believe (especially in the Christian community) that all human life is valuable and blah blah blah, and to an extent, that's true, but what defines life? Is it a heartbeat and brain waves? Consciousness? Self-awareness? If someone is in a coma with no realistic hope of regaining any sense of consciousness, I see no ethical problem with pulling the plug.

But this situation? I need more information. Is my zombie friend just unable to do normal things, but can still have a conversation? Can they at least understand other people?

If it's the best case scenario, and this person just needs someone to take care of them, I probably would. Well, for certain people. But if they were basically a vegetable, no. AK47 it is.

Also, Rex, I'm sorry about your grandma. Sad
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Rex wrote:That's a very eerie question for me right now. My grandma just died this morning.  And she was in a very bad shape. before this She has been an invalid for many years and couldn't really move herself much. Her mind was also in a very bad shape and getting progressively worse. So I don't know really. Of course I want her back but would I really want her to keep living this way...I just don't know.

I know that for myself I would much rather be dead but when it comes to your loved ones it's very different

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:00 am

Yeah me too. To me a body which technically functions but is essentially braindead is dead. What's the point of an oraganic vessel if there is no one home

Thanks guys. It really sucks. She was my last living grandparent. It really gets you thinking how fast life goes by when you realize how many people you know have died
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum