Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divergent

5 posters

Go down

Divergent Empty Divergent

Post by joselin4life Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Over the last couple of weeks I've been hearing so much about the novel 'Divergent'. Has anyone read it? Is it any good, in your opinion? I'm hoping on going to the movies to see it on Friday or Saturday. I haven't read the book but I've seen the trailer and read a handful of reviews online, both good and bad.

Oh, and Shailene Woodley is in it (the girl who played Amy on Secret Life). I'm pretty excited to see her in it, too! I feel like this might be her huge debut as an actress; since SL didn't really let her shine like she could've.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Divergent Empty Re: Divergent

Post by Rex Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:24 pm

I heard it's supposed to be one of those totalitarian futuristic things. Seems kind of dull but as long as it's not 3d I will give a shot

But yeah even if it fails it's going to be huge for her
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:02 pm

I haven't read the book, but I will probably see the movie at some point.

Shailene is also in The Fault in Our Stars that's coming out in June. I'm sure such hyped up/good movies will be good for her career. So many people are looking forward to both of them.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Yeah me neither. But I think I will watch the movie first so in case I like it I won't get spoiled

That was the one about the dying thing right? I have been hearing some chatter about it
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:35 pm

I usually can't be bothered to read the book.

The only exception to that is The Fault in Our Stars. Such a good book. And yes, it's about cancer and dying, among other things. It should be pretty good.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:54 pm

Rex wrote:I heard it's supposed to be one of those totalitarian futuristic things. Seems kind of dull but as long as it's not 3d I will give a shot

I looked deeper into it, and I dont think I'll like it. I'm not really into all that futuristic stuff so I don't know if I'm gonna go to theaters to see it... I probably will just wait until it comes out on dvd lol.

maggiemay wrote:Shailene is also in The Fault in Our Stars that's coming out in June. I'm sure such hyped up/good movies will be good for her career. So many people are looking forward to both of them.

I've heard about that, and from what I've heard; the plot sounds soooo good! I'm gonna have to go and see that!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:23 pm

maggiemay wrote:Shailene is also in The Fault in Our Stars that's coming out in June. I'm sure such hyped up/good movies will be good for her career. So many people are looking forward to both of them.

I've heard about that, and from what I've heard; the plot sounds soooo good! I'm gonna have to go and see that![/quote]

The book is incredible, so I have high hopes for the movie. And from what I've seen/heard it will be good.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:17 am

joselin4life wrote:
Rex wrote:I heard it's supposed to be one of those totalitarian futuristic things. Seems kind of dull but as long as it's not 3d I will give a shot

I looked deeper into it, and I dont think I'll like it. I'm not really into all that futuristic stuff so I don't know if I'm gonna go to theaters to see it... I probably will just wait until it comes out on dvd lol.

I've heard about that, and from what I've heard; the plot sounds soooo good! I'm gonna have to go and see that!

I will probably check it out so if you want I can share my opinion to see if you like it. From what I gather is not really star trek futristic like but more like the future is essentially the same and only used as an excuse to show a different type of society. Kind of like hunger games
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:57 am

Rex wrote:
joselin4life wrote:

I will probably check it out so if you want I can share my opinion to see if you like it. From what I gather is not really star trek futristic like but more like the future is essentially the same and only used as an excuse to show a different type of society. Kind of like hunger games

Yeah, can you do that? I'm gonna try to see it sometime after this weekend, but I wanna read some opinions/reviews before I go to see it!

Last edited by joselin4life on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:18 pm

maggiemay wrote:The book is incredible, so I have high hopes for the movie. And from what I've seen/heard it will be good.

I haven't read the book yet but I'm planning on getting it sometime this weekend. I can't wait to read the book! I saw the trailer for it last month when I went to see a movie, and the trailer was amazing. The plot of it is so cute haha. I feel like it's gonna be one of those movies that I'll wanna see it over and over again.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:50 pm

I heard good things.

Actually I just heard that the final book has a gut wrenching, heart shattering ending. On the bright side I also hear it fits.

Actually I am the library at the moment and just checked to see if Divergent was in. Nope.

But yeah I figure I will probably see/read it at some point. Actually probably this Saturday.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:01 am

I will probably watch Divergent on Thursday since this is discount day for non 3d movie

Today I watched 300 and it was beyond horrible. Ugh just awful
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:32 am

Ok I saw divergent. It was pretty good. About the same quality as Hunger Games except it's a more realistic world.

The lead actress is quite pretty and very sympathetic and there are some hilarious moments with her(like the part with "Why does everybody say that")

The main male lead is kind of slightly dull but not bad

I think I might read the books now to see what happens afterwards
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:42 am

I'm about to borrow the books from my mom next week. Not sure if I'll like it, not really into that kind of thing.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:25 pm

I can send you the e-books if you want.

Yeah they are kind of strange but the main character(or at least the actress playing her) seemed nice so there is that. And the plot is not entirely stupid. Ditto for the world. A bit bizzare but not completely out there
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:28 pm

So, I read the first two books and just started the third....Thumbs up!! A lot of the aspects of the story are completely predictable(like the Tris and Four romance, totally called it at the beginning), but overall it's entertaining enough to keep me interested.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:46 pm

Nice. I was wondering what I should read at the beach
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Beach....I want to go to the beach. Jealous.

Next year I need to go to Maine. I miss Maine, the ocean, and the beach. I need to start saving for next year's shenanigans ASAP.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:01 pm

You know you should try applying for some programs. Until you are 30 it's full of programs that let you travel the world for a few months while either studying somethingor doing some minor volunteer job. It can be pretty good Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum