Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 & Pregnant/Teen Mom on MTV

5 posters

Go down

16 & Pregnant/Teen Mom on MTV Empty 16 & Pregnant/Teen Mom on MTV

Post by joselin4life Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:16 pm

I was gonna post this in the Media section but it's kinda dead so I decided to post it here Razz 

But ok, anyways, am I the only one who totally despises the shows? At first, I didn't think 16 and Pregnant was bad but then they kept making seasons after seasons (There's 5 in total now; the 5th season is premiering next month). There's also been 3 Teen Mom shows so far, and each has had at least 2+ seasons. I just think it's ridiculous. Teen Mom 3 was cancelled due to bad ratings, I think. But they're thinking of bringing back Teen Mom 1 (with Maci, Catelynn, Amber and Farrah), and TM2 is still on air with 5 seasons now. Maybe it's just me; I don't find these shows entertaining at all. I can't stand them! I don't want to offend anyone here if they like it but I personally think it's glamorizing teen pregnancy in a way. Now I know waking up at all hours of the night with a crying baby isnt glamorous at all and neither is having a jerk for a boyfriend but these girls are basically getting rewards for having a baby as a teen. But that's just my opinion.

What do you think about them?
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

16 & Pregnant/Teen Mom on MTV Empty Re: 16 & Pregnant/Teen Mom on MTV

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:56 am

My coworker made me suffer through that shit at work (I work overnight in a group home). Absolutely horrible. I don't know how people can sit and watch these dumb bitches season after season.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:26 pm

I tried watching it once. I loathed them and it made me rethink my stance of forcible sterilization of people
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Rex wrote:I tried watching it once. I loathed them and it made me rethink my stance of forcible sterilization of people

You know Rex, over the years I have heard you say that quite a bit.

For once at least(and to be quite honest I can't remember the other times) I have to agree.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:47 am

Honestly I really hope most of this was scripted for drama sakes otherwise I would be even more disgusted with humanity
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:01 am

Rex wrote:Honestly I really hope most of this was scripted for drama sakes otherwise I would be even more disgusted with humanity

Oh I am sure some of it was scripted or the producers nudged them in a certain way. Reality TV is not exactly reality. Sure I am willing to bet some of it is real... but not nearly as much as they would like us to believe.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:07 am

I really hope so. Otherwise we might to consider this message
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Unit7 wrote:
Rex wrote:Honestly I really hope most of this was scripted for drama sakes otherwise I would be even more disgusted with humanity

Oh I am sure some of it was scripted or the producers nudged them in a certain way. Reality TV is not exactly reality. Sure I am willing to bet some of it is real... but not nearly as much as they would like us to believe.

I agree with this thought. It's kind of like season 4 of Instant Star when Spiederman and Karma have their own newlyweds reality show. The producers were always intervening and asking them to do certain things, for the views. They didn't really care about the relationship as much as they did the money. (And I have to say, I hope I'm not the only one here who was into Instant Star. XD)
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 am

I have been meaning to watch Instant Star. I heard that Titty Malaysia...I mean Tatiana Maslany is in it
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:52 am

Yeah, she is in the 3rd and 4th seasons.
You should watch it! It's really good. A lot of people actually seem to compare it to Degrassi, but I don't know if that's just because they were on the same channel or because of this video... Personally, I don't feel like the two have enough in common to be compared.

melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum