Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from vacation

5 posters

Go down

Back from vacation Empty Back from vacation

Post by Rex Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:20 am

Boom. That's right!. I am back. Let's burn this place down! I mean let's talk more Very Happy 
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Back from vacation Empty Re: Back from vacation

Post by melissa052 Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 pm

Burning shit down sounds more fun. Can we somehow burn my house down so I can be free of my sister? :p (I am aware that might be a bit extreme, but sometimes you have to be extreme, right? XD)
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:30 am

If you want to get away from home you can try volunteering abroad. There plenty of programs and projects which will allow you to both see the world and do something good. And not just in Africa or crappy 3rd world countries. There are plenty of opportunities in Europe as well.

It also looks good on the CV Wink
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Interesting suggestion. If I had the money to do the traveling, I so would consider that! I will look into the possibility though.

melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:39 pm

On the bright side, I'm probably adopting another dog this weekend! We have a massive rat problem and because the dog we have now (a boxer mix) is way too slow to catch them, and we can't put out poison because of him and the baby, and the rats are too smart to walk into the traps, I decided to take matters in my own hands... I thought about adopting a cat, but I'm highly allergic, so I decided to look for a terrier that would be good for hunting/catching the rats. The owner is bringing her by this weekend so we can see how she gets along with the current dog and the baby.

Her name is Pretty Girl, which I don't really like, so I'm so changing it to Buffy The Rat Slayer, assuming she''s actually good at catching rats... Buffy for short. :p
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:36 am

That's the good part. With most of these programs the travel and living expenses are covered(and they provide some pocket money) That's one of the big reasons why people go for them Wink
Also if you want to just travel in general in the US some credit card companies offer credit cards where you get frequent flyer miles each time you use it

Cool. I hope you have a great dog. Aren't there cats that are none allergic?

That sounds like an awesome name Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:12 am

Huh. I will have to research those opportunities!

Thanks! XD There are some cats that are hypoallergenic, but just because they're hypoallergenic doesn't mean they're allergen free, it just means they produce less of the protein that's in their saliva that causes said allergies. I researched the best breeds for allergies and tried finding those breeds available for adoption anywhere close by. There was nothing, so I considered going on homeopathic allergen treatments, but then I figured looking for a dog would probably be cheaper since I know I'm not allergic! Mom is kind of on the fence because we have a dog, but the one we do have is hers. It would be nice to have my own dog that will be all mine, that I can take with me to the next place I go. XD

Thanks! I'm actually kind of between names, all from different fandoms, but I'm leaning most on Buffy. And Zelda. We shall see when I get her. XD
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:56 am

melissa052 wrote:Burning shit down sounds more fun. Can we somehow burn my house down so I can be free of my sister? :p (I am aware that might be a bit extreme, but sometimes you have to be extreme, right? XD)

Then can I interest you in a game called Little Inferno? Sure technically the fire isn't real, but then again you can't really burn what amounts to a very small nuclear bomb in real life.

Also sucks that you have a rat problem.

Actually I think I have a rat problem too. I sometimes hear them scurrying about upstairs and I am pretty sure a couple have ventured into my room.

So now I live in fear of this happening.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/rats-morgue-vagina-anus_n_5621085.html

Thank you @Midnight for sharing this horrible story before I went to bed.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:02 am

Yeah. Some can be pretty fun Wink

Whoa....you just made it crystal clear to me how little I know about allergies. Oh but wait. What about a snake? Don't they do a good rat control animal? Chorus? I believe you were our resident Snake Mistress. What do you think?

Orphan Black has some really cool names*resists the urge to start interogating everybody on whether they are as into OB as I am*

Holy shit dude!. Ewww on the rat/vagina/anus thing. This is the most disturbing thing I have read since this article http://www.cracked.com/article_21390_pe-brain-bank.html
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Yeah, I've done possibly more research on animal allergies than most people do in a lifetime. :p

A snake probably would do excellent with getting rid of the rats, but I'm mildly afraid of them. And I'm pretty sure letting a snake roam the house freely to get the rats would give mom and my sister a heart attack. Not to mention my niece is only 2 and can't really be trusted to not piss off a dog, much less a reptile. XD
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:26 am

I just tried to grasp a piece of watermelon and somehow it slipped off my fingers and launched itself straight into my eye.....I feel like I am living in a comedy
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:59 am

LOL! XD Tonight I went to a bar with a few friends. I got so drunk that the bartender actually had to cut me off. I feel accomplished, that was the first time I went to that bar.
We also did karaoke! XD
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:18 am

I never actually have been drink. I drink socially from time to time but as general I don't really like the taste of alcohol and combined with my extremely high tolerane for alcohol it just doesn't seem to happen. Even with shots
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:13 pm

I got back from vacation last Sunday and last week seemed so long. I love my job but the beach was just so great.

I rarely get drunk, it's been like 5 months. It isn't particularly fun to me and my 21st birthday isn't for another 6 months anyways. Vacation is definitely when I drink most but that didn't really happen this year.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:58 am

Rex wrote:I never actually have been drink. I drink socially from time to time but as general I don't really like the taste of alcohol and combined with my extremely high tolerane for alcohol it just doesn't seem to happen. Even with shots
Funny, I always imagined you being a frequent social drinker, not sure why... XD

I tend to drink a lot. I'm not big on beer, but love vodka, tequila, lots of mixed drinks... Honestly, I feel like I need to be an alcoholic to live under the same roof as my sister. Liz is actually very worried about that and has taken the opportunity to try and save me, as if I really need saving. :p The only thing really keeping me from becoming an alcoholic is the desperation I feel to save money and get out of here. I wouldn't save as much as quickly as I'd like if I had such an expensive addiction. XD
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:48 am

Rex wrote:

Whoa....you just made it crystal clear to me how little I know about allergies. Oh but wait. What about a snake? Don't they do a good rat control animal? Chorus? I believe you were our resident Snake Mistress. What do you think?

Probably not a good idea haha. Snakes need to be kept warm. If they eat something and the aren't warm enough, the rat, mouse, whatever can actually rot in their stomach instead of digest and kill them. Also if the rodent already ate poison somewhere or had some on their fur and the snake eats him, there goes your snake. Many snakes also need to have controlled humidity; if the air isn't humid enough, they can't shed correctly and the built up skin can get infected.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down