Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's YOUR defining characteristic?

5 posters

Go down

What's YOUR defining characteristic? Empty What's YOUR defining characteristic?

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:03 pm

What's your identifier?

Say your friend mentions you to someone you've met before, but they've forgotten your name. "Wait, who is ___ again?" they might ask. What do you think your friend would say to help them remember who you are?

It could be anything. Maybe a really unique physical characteristic (weird piercing? unnatural hair color?), a relationship (so-and-so's sister? best friend? boyfriend?), a hobby (captain of the chess club?), a personality trait (offensive sense of humor?)... ANYTHING.

So I ask you guys this: What is the ONE characteristic that you imagine first comes to mind when someone hears your name? It might be different depending on the person (like, if the people you went to high school with remember you as the valedictorian, but your coworkers know you as the asskisser of the office), but you can only pick one thing per social circle. Don't just give me a list describing yourself.

Also, what do YOU think is your most important characteristic? If you were meeting someone for the first time and could only tell them ONE thing, what one thing would provide the most insight into who you really are?
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

What's YOUR defining characteristic? Empty Re: What's YOUR defining characteristic?

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:12 pm

As for me, my identifier definitely depends on who we're talking about.

To random people I only interact with on social media, it's probably "the music snob" (I post about music more than anything else). To people from high school, it's "the smart one." To my college friends, it's "the easy crier" (I thrive on deep, personal conversations, and I open up about a lot of stuff). To my family, it's "the one who farts a lot" (seriously... my cousins have had to warn their significant others about me before I'm allowed to meet them).

As for what I personally think is my most defining characteristic, I'd say it's my tendency to get way too attached to other people. Almost everything I do is in some way motivated by the high value I place on others in comparison to myself. At least, that's how I prefer to view myself.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

What's YOUR defining characteristic? Empty Re: What's YOUR defining characteristic?

Post by Rex Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:40 pm

I am guessing most people refer to me as the weird tall dude
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:11 am

I would have to say being quiet all the time. Seriously I rarely talk in real life and will just sort of stand there and listen to everyone else talk. Maybe throw in the occasional joke that I am the only one who probably think is funny.

This characteristic pretty much covers former classmates(seriously that's how one described me according to my aunt.) to family members to coworkers to friends. That quiet guy who doesn't usually smile... Hmm isn't that a warning sign for something... Yeah that's probably what they think or thought.

I honestly don't know what i think my defining characteristic trait thingamabob is. Perhaps that I can easily be consumed by whatever book/ show I am currently into? Nah. Um... Seriously I just have no idea.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Freshman year of high school I was "Andrew's sister" to SO many people because he's 3 years older than me.

For friends, hopefully the nice one, maybe kinda weird haha.

To other people, it's probably just the quiet one because I don't say much unless I'm in a comfortable situation.

I also get way attached to people. I can never decide if it's good or bad but it's probably kind of annoying to those people.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:01 pm

It's really funny, because in the car community nobody remembers people by their name, only their car. I'm "the chick with the red Impala SS". I have people on my Facebook friends list, that if they change their profile picture to themselves instead of their car, I have no idea who they are. Even meeting people in person at meets and shows for the second or third time, I don't remember until I see what they drive haha.
What's YOUR defining characteristic? Carmem10

I'm also "the crazy snake chick".
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum