Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random question is definitely random!

+10
scifidawn
Rex
GeminiBaby
AshleyMC
pinkcupcake
x_mia_x
Courtnut
Unit7
xChorusOfAngelsx
melissa052
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Random question is definitely random! Empty Random question is definitely random!

Post by melissa052 Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:21 am

If you were to move to a different state that you don't currently call home, which state would you be headed to?
For myself, it's a three-way tie between Texas, Tennessee and New York...

Texas because it seems to me like such a chill state, and rent there is cheap (Well, cheap compared to California)... It's definitely a state I'd consider moving to when I'm older.... The only thing I don't like about it is the tornadoes!

Tennessee because... Well, not sure why.... Guess it just looks pretty, especially in the fall!

And New York because it's like an alternate California! Great for entertainment....
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Random question is definitely random! Empty Re: Random question is definitely random!

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:56 am

Hmm. I can't pick just one either.

Arizona- Hot & dry. Desert. Snakes. The pretty mountains. What's not to love?

Maine- Not my type of climate, too chilly. But the coast looks so beautiful in photos, I love the ocean and everything that goes along with it. Wish I could afford to go to school at the University of Southern Maine. I'll have to settle for a visit; the boyfriend has family up there.

Hawaii- Dude, need I explain? It's freakin' Hawaii! It's surrounded by ocean AND has the toasty weather I love. I visited when I was 16 and I vowed to return someday.

melissa052 wrote:

And New York because it's like an alternate California! Great for entertainment....

Lmao. If it's entertainment you want, you better stick with the city. Unless you're into the outdoorsy stuff, the rest of the state is quite boring. I also suggest staying away until our huge moron of a governor is out of office.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Random question is definitely random! Empty Re: Random question is definitely random!

Post by Unit7 Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:02 am

I'd be careful in Maine Chorus... alot of freaky stuff happens in that state o.O
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:14 am

Unit7 wrote:I'd be careful in Maine Chorus... alot of freaky stuff happens in that state o.O

Haha a lot of freaky stuff happens in this state too :p
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:34 am

Arizona's mountains suck compared to Utah!
Well, Melissa, almost everywhere is cheaper than California Smile
Tornados are cool for the most part because most of them don't destroy anything. I definitely wouldn't wanna watch one that is destroying things (that people are in anyway)
People in Texas are scary, and never move to Memphis or Lebanon...
Too many people in New York. I personally would choose NY.

I choose: Maine, because I want to live in the invisible Casper house. Or find that house that's in The Good Son. LOVE IT.
Somewhere around San Francisco, Santa Monica, or Weed California!
Hawaii.. I'm pretty sure Chorus explained that one. It's way too expensive I could never afford it, but I love pretty water ocean waves Smile
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:03 am

This is actually a big discussion in our house right now since we are hoping to move this summer. I would love to move to South Carolina. It does have one of the higher unemployment rates though so it wouldn't make much sense to move there. Sad
x_mia_x
x_mia_x

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:30 am

Yay for Texas, Mel!! Aw come on, the 'nado's aren't that often xD

For me, I'd choose:

California: Top one!! Seriously to live close to the beach would be complete happiness (:

Tennesee: Love it there! Home of country music (: Specially Nashville or Franklin. I go there a ton since my Gramma and Papi on my mom's side live there Smile

Hawaii: One word: LOST. Nuff said xD
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

https://www.youtube.com/user/vampdamonlove#p/a/f/1/Ok23-RtWe9s

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:40 am

I SSOOO want to move out of Michigan!!! I would hate to leave what family I have left here, but I just can't stand it here anymore. There's nothing here and our school systems are falling apart. If I could move anywhere it would be between three places. Kentucky, Tennessee, or Colorado. My parents live out in Colorado and they love it out there.
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiBaby Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:15 am

Tennesse - I do believe that Tennesse is a really good state known for country music.
California - Two words: The Beach!

Not sure of any more.
GeminiBaby
GeminiBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:45 am

Hmm that's an interesting question.

New York is the most likely choice. It's what I would consider a normal and proper city and the climate seems good

Las Vegas is beyond awesome. A little small for me but I would definitely spend an year or two if I had the chance

Los Angeles is cool. It's a bit conservative and sleepy for my taste but I am sure but it's still quite a great city. The weather is nice and although the beaches I saw didn't really imporess me they are still a great bonus

I've heard very good things about San Fransisco. I would love to try it.

Hawai. No explanation needed. Although I would be wary of smoke monsters

The cooler parts of Miami

Chicago. Heard that it's a well organized city and that despite the winds the weather is pretty decent temperature wise and of course they have a kick ass lake which is a huge bonus. I might try it

Boston. Also seems like good choice. Normal city,normal weather and close to the ocean. That's a nice combo

Ditto for Philadelphia

Seattle. I heard that the weather is crap and that the beach is pretty much out of the question for most of the year however it does have some musical history so depending on how the music scene is there now I might give it a couple of months or an year

Hmm that's all I can think off at the moment. The redneck states are out of the question for me. So is Alaska since a frozen country with barely any women and people dumb enough to vote for Palin is not a place for me. Hmm can't think of any other states that would make a good place to live for now
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:11 pm

I moved to one of the states I like - Arizona. (Although people, avoid places like Phoenix and Tuscon. They are full of the drug wars and illegals.) The mountains and the wilds are great. It is a right to work state - you cannot be punished for not joining a union, and you can carry concealed weapons without permit. It sounds bad, but people are less likely to cause trouble. (It is in a way like a modern old west....without duels. Hee hee.)

Pennsylvania: Trees, mountains, weather, low cost of living.

Texas: I think it is one of the states that is not at all broke, and it is more conservative, but in general too hot. But I sure like their accents.

Alaska: It is out in the wilds. The people are independent. Lots of men, and I mean real men, not whimpy metrosexual types.

If it were to be another country, Iceland, Ireland or Austrailia and not in one of those squishy cities with the citified guys.

Never California, except to visit. It is BROKE, poorly managed and too expensive, not business friendly, and too crowded. It is beautiful though. It is a great vacation state.

Last edited by scifidawn on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Hawaii- It looks so beautiful there, and i heard that it has a nice climate.

New York- Because it's the city that never sleeps, and it looks so cool at night

Miami, Flordia- I think that there it is a fun place to be, and it is near the beach!

Some places in Cali, Esp. the ones near the beach!

And that's it for now!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 pm

New York- Because it's the city that never sleeps, and it looks so cool at night

Hate to break it to ya, Jos, but you're thinking of Las Vegas which is in Nevada! Razz
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:31 pm

melissa052 wrote:

Hate to break it to ya, Jos, but you're thinking of Las Vegas which is in Nevada! Razz

Well then Las Vegas! Haha!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:45 pm

melissa052 wrote:

Pfft wrong. New York City has the name 'The City that Never Sleeps' Las Vegas has the name 'Sin City'

Also I believe New York is also called Gotham. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Unit7 wrote:
melissa052 wrote:

Pfft wrong. New York City has the name 'The City that Never Sleeps' Las Vegas has the name 'Sin City'

Also I believe New York is also called Gotham. Razz

Haha! So I guess I was right then.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:02 pm

California would be lovely, but the economy sucks.

Hawaii- Chorus pretty much covered that. How can you say no to Hawaii??

North Carolina- Seems like a nice state, I've only really been to the Outer Banks though. But the beach there is lovely.

I can't think of a third. I'd probably pick NC to live in if I had to move.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Here's my base list since the AF has to tell us where to live.

Hawaii - http://www2.hickam.af.mil/ - well this one is self explainatory. It's Hawaii!! I know we're going there on vacation but living there 3 + years, I say lets go! And besides, we've been cold up here for 7 years.

Washington - http://www.62aw.af.mil/ - it's all about location. Washington state, despite rain can be beautiful.

Delaware - http://www.dover.af.mil/ - puts me east coast, close to home. We're closer to Adam's family right now, them being from Minnesota. But I grew up Ohio and east coast, it would be great to get back.

Florida (base1) - http://www2.hurlburt.af.mil/ - Hurlburt, my cousin was stationed down here. Hurlburt is apart of a twin base system. Once I post the next base you'll see why. And, this would put us on a beach. I mean, right on the beach! Hurlburt has it's own beach

Florida (base2) - http://www.eglin.af.mil/ - Eglin, the twin to Hurlburt. So nice...private base beach, white sands.

Massachusetts - http://www.hanscom.af.mil/ - East coast. Plus I LOVE Boston, I love the history, so many places to see.

So. Carolina - http://www.charleston.af.mil/ - East coast, gorgegous base, great area.

Texas - http://www.lackland.af.mil/ - this is the boot camp base, people just try to get away from this one, but what the hey...Adam wants to make fun of the recruits getting yelled at by the TI's constantly.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:22 pm

scifidawn wrote:I moved to one of the states I like - Arizona. (Although people, avoid places like Phoenix and Tuscon. They are full of the drug wars and illegals.)

Tucson is the first place I'd go. I have an aunt who has lived there for as long as I can remember and she has never had any problems. Crime is pretty much in all medium to large cities. The smaller ones too; there are parts of mine where I wouldn't feel safe walking down the street even during the day. Just have to use your head.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:22 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:
scifidawn wrote:I moved to one of the states I like - Arizona. (Although people, avoid places like Phoenix and Tuscon. They are full of the drug wars and illegals.)

Tucson is the first place I'd go. I have an aunt who has lived there for as long as I can remember and she has never had any problems. Crime is pretty much in all medium to large cities. The smaller ones too; there are parts of mine where I wouldn't feel safe walking down the street even during the day. Just have to use your head.

That is good. It is just stuff I have been learning since I have lived here. Phoenix is the kidnapping capital of the US so I would not enjoy living there. I guess Tuscon is less of a problem. I do know when I have driven through it looked pretty.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Awww does no one feel like moving to Utah??? Razz
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Courtnut wrote:Awww does no one feel like moving to Utah??? Razz

Utah is beautiful!
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:49 pm

It is beautiful! At least in the mountains.. You've been here?
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:25 pm

Does Calfornia count? Wink Even though I call it home, I technically don't live there.

If not, Nevada. Everything is legal there. Bahaha!! Gambling, prostitution, ferrets!! Kidding. 👅 But I have an uncle there, and we've been camping there. It's cool.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:32 pm

Hmmm I would pick... hrmm.

Well. I'd think I'd pick. Wow I actually have no idea. Hrmm. OK I think I would pick Great Britian...

That or maybe Canada. I hear Canada is really nice and people seem to enjoy it. That and alot of filming goes on in Vancouver so that would be sorta fun to check out. Razz

Yup.

Spoiler:
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum