Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Writing Game Anyone?

+7
scifidawn
joselin4life
Rex
Hannah_Banana222
Unit7
pinkcupcake
secret_life8
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Writing Game Anyone? Empty New Writing Game Anyone?

Post by secret_life8 Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:31 am

hey everyone. we haven't done a real good writing game in forever. would anyone be interested in starting up a new one?
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

New Writing Game Anyone? Empty Re: New Writing Game Anyone?

Post by pinkcupcake Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:19 am

Yes!! We need a good idea (:
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

https://www.youtube.com/user/vampdamonlove#p/a/f/1/Ok23-RtWe9s

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 am

What happened to the recent one o.O
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:18 pm

We have one. We got a few pages, then everyone just stopped. It'd be nice if you continued, so I wouldn't have to post 3 comments in a row... Go here:
http://secretlifexy.niceboards.org/general-discussion-f1/writing-game-t38.htm
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 pm

It stopped cause it really wasn't going anywhere *shrugs*
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Why don't you guys start a 5 word game. It's much easier,everybody can join and it's much more fun.

Basically everybody adds 5 words per post and so on and so on until we have a decent sized story
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:01 pm

pinkcupcake wrote:It stopped cause it really wasn't going anywhere *shrugs*
But there was so much that still had to happen! She had to move back to New York, fall in love with Thomas, face her parents, report the rape... It just hit an awkward part with no action, because it would be way too soon. I want to continue. Smile
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:51 pm

confused....

so it seems like everyone has different opinions abuot what we should do. what was the plot of the other one because you could always just reivise that and start again or just come up with a new plot.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:06 pm

I do agree with Mads even though I didn;t participate in the last couple of pages I do I think that we should just start a new story.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 pm

I just really think our old one wasn't strong enough. Not enough to back it up. Plus it just went too quick. Overall, the story wasn't what it was supposed to be originally.

I think we should start new, and it will be even better now that Michelle can help out (:
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:19 am

well thanks Pink. i love these games.
so does anyone have an suggestions for the plot?
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:15 pm

hey everyone. so i was thinking about a plot for our new writing game. we have done a lot of love story games and they all tend to end similarly. would you guys be interested in writing about something more like self-injury, teen pregnancy, depression, or suicide? it's just a thought. let me know what you think.
another idea i had was what if the story was a narration of more than one character and it talked about their stories and their problems.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:20 pm

secret_life8 wrote:self-injury, teen pregnancy, depression, or suicide? .

Those are good thing to write about and good ideas. Maybe we could write about one of those ideas above
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:56 pm

secret_life8 wrote:hey everyone. so i was thinking about a plot for our new writing game. we have done a lot of love story games and they all tend to end similarly. would you guys be interested in writing about something more like self-injury, teen pregnancy, depression, or suicide? it's just a thought. let me know what you think.
another idea i had was what if the story was a narration of more than one character and it talked about their stories and their problems.

Good ideas! (: I think it would be interesting to write about that. Perhaps a failed suicide and how this affected the character.

Or, like you said which was my fave idea, is going through narration of more than one character.
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Pfft you noobs will never get started at this rate.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Unit7 wrote:Pfft you noobs will never get started at this rate.

Oh shut it xD
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 am

Ok so if we all like those general topics then why don't we start to develop the characters. Here is my thoughts. Let me know what you think.

Main Character 1 (Boy)- This character has suffered from major depression for eighteen months. He is withdrawn from all his friends and has lost interest in all of his extra activities. We would begin writing about his depression and how unstable he feels. Having no way to cope with the pain of his depression, he turns to self-injury. this is just a rough outline that will strech for a long period of time.

Main Character 2 (Boy)- This character suffers from anorexia nervosa. He feels insecure, and has low self-esteem. He becomes obsessed with food, calories, and exercising. No one notices as he slowly loses weight. However, he never thinks that he is thin enough, even though he can see his ribs. One thing that we would have to portray in writing his story is that anorexia nervosa has nothing to do with food, and it a mental disorder.

Main Character 3 (Girl)- This character was raped three months before the beginning of the story and she is suffering depression. She also has to struggle with the knowledge that it was her brother who raped her, and she sees him ever day. This character can not go on with the oain that she feels every day because of her rape and attempts suicide. Her attempt is unsuccessful and she hates herself even more because she thinks that she fails at everything, even killing herself. She is admitted into a clinic where she tries, unsuccessfully, to commit suicide again.

Main Character 4 (Girl)- This character had a one night stand with this guy and discovers that she is pregnant. Terrified of having people find out, she keeps it a secret. When everyone finds out, she feels that her world is crashing down. However, she goes through the pregnancy unsure whether she will keep the child or give the baby away for adoption (which is what she is leaning towards). However, the guy find out and is a really big jerk and won't sign the paper saying that the child can be adopted. So the mother must go to court to gain full custody of her child before giving her child up for adoption.

what do you guys think of those characters? We still have names to think of and stuff like that, but just the flow of their stories.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:12 am

secret_life8 wrote:Ok so if we all like those general topics then why don't we start to develop the characters. Here is my thoughts. Let me know what you think.

Main Character 1 (Boy)- This character has suffered from major depression for eighteen months. He is withdrawn from all his friends and has lost interest in all of his extra activities. We would begin writing about his depression and how unstable he feels. Having no way to cope with the pain of his depression, he turns to self-injury. this is just a rough outline that will strech for a long period of time.

Main Character 2 (Boy)- This character suffers from anorexia nervosa. He feels insecure, and has low self-esteem. He becomes obsessed with food, calories, and exercising. No one notices as he slowly loses weight. However, he never thinks that he is thin enough, even though he can see his ribs. One thing that we would have to portray in writing his story is that anorexia nervosa has nothing to do with food, and it a mental disorder.

Main Character 3 (Girl)- This character was raped three months before the beginning of the story and she is suffering depression. She also has to struggle with the knowledge that it was her brother who raped her, and she sees him ever day. This character can not go on with the oain that she feels every day because of her rape and attempts suicide. Her attempt is unsuccessful and she hates herself even more because she thinks that she fails at everything, even killing herself. She is admitted into a clinic where she tries, unsuccessfully, to commit suicide again.

Main Character 4 (Girl)- This character had a one night stand with this guy and discovers that she is pregnant. Terrified of having people find out, she keeps it a secret. When everyone finds out, she feels that her world is crashing down. However, she goes through the pregnancy unsure whether she will keep the child or give the baby away for adoption (which is what she is leaning towards). However, the guy find out and is a really big jerk and won't sign the paper saying that the child can be adopted. So the mother must go to court to gain full custody of her child before giving her child up for adoption.

what do you guys think of those characters? We still have names to think of and stuff like that, but just the flow of their stories.

Good characters, but they are all a mess. LOL. But that is what makes a good story.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:55 am

secret_life8 wrote:Ok so if we all like those general topics then why don't we start to develop the characters. Here is my thoughts. Let me know what you think.

Good characters
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:21 pm

so do we definitly want to go with these characters then? if so then lets come up with some of their main details, like names. and do you want to write in first person and then just write the characters name when we change perspectives or write in the 3rd person and still identify when we change characters.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamgirl18 Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:58 pm

I love the characters! Smile I have a suggestion for Number 3: Jenessa
dreamgirl18
dreamgirl18
Animal Lover
Animal Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:19 pm

I have a suggestions

For #1 How about: Christopher

#2 How about: Aaron

#4 How about: Sarah or Alyssa.

Since Lauren already thought of #3, I didn't put anything.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:33 pm

I like all of it, but putting all of them in one story seems a little much. Could we possibly make this 4 separate stories? Or just 2. Four main characters is just overkill.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:I like all of it, but putting all of them in one story seems a little much. Could we possibly make this 4 separate stories? Or just 2. Four main characters is just overkill.

Or they could all be part of a therapy group.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:I like all of it, but putting all of them in one story seems a little much. Could we possibly make this 4 separate stories? Or just 2. Four main characters is just overkill.

I think we're doing 4 separate stories, but we are getting everything organzied, i think
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next