Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I ever go bankrupt, I'm pretty sure movies will be the reason...

+2
Unit7
melissa052
6 posters

Go down

If I ever go bankrupt, I'm pretty sure movies will be the reason... Empty If I ever go bankrupt, I'm pretty sure movies will be the reason...

Post by melissa052 Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:28 pm

I've been home alone for like 7 hours today so far, since I am A. Bored, B. Have no life, and C. Sometimes like counting, I decided to count every single DVD/VHS (movie) in the house...

There are about 2 bookcases of them in my bedroom, one mini bookcase of them in each the living room and the back room, plus a little CD flipcase of ones that were either burned or downloaded (I only download movies of DVDs I can't find in a store...)

In order to count without losing count, I stacked the DVDs into 10, then those into 10 to make stacks of 100 (Just to give a visual of sorts, one stack of 100 DVDs is about 5' tall....

I ended up with 9 stacks of 100, 1 stack of 50, 1 stack of 10, and a remaining 2 DVDs, that is exactly 962 DVDs with cases, plus the 53 caseless DVDs in the CD flipcase thingy... So that brings the grand DVD total to 1015....

And I only counted 22 VHS's so the total movie count is at 1037....

Oh, and did I mention a good 80% of those DVDs are 2-3 disk special editions?

I think I just might have a problem...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

If I ever go bankrupt, I'm pretty sure movies will be the reason... Empty Re: If I ever go bankrupt, I'm pretty sure movies will be the reason...

Post by Unit7 Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Wow thats alot of movies. silent

On the flip side you will atleast have a good idea of what you like as a director. You will have a nice firm grasp of how a scene will be shot and such. or maybe not.

*shrugs*

Dude I don't think I have even SEEN that many movies. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

If I ever go bankrupt, I'm pretty sure movies will be the reason... Empty Re: If I ever go bankrupt, I'm pretty sure movies will be the reason...

Post by melissa052 Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:50 pm

No freakin' kidding! Razz What kinda makes it worse (Or in my case, better?) is that I MUST buy DVDs of movies I've seen in theater, even if it was cheesy or I didn't like it much... I'm weird, I know! Razz

Yeah, that's true! Half the time when I watch a movie, I'm not watching for the entertainment, but instead to study things like camera movements and directing/editing techniques....

Haha! I wonder if anyone here other than me has seen that many?
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by brown eyes sp Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:52 pm

Maybe over the course of my ENTIRE life so far, but I've definitely not seen that many since being an adult!
brown eyes sp
brown eyes sp

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:54 pm

lol! Wow. Mel, you have a lot of movies. I've never seen that many before Very Happy
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:04 pm

brown eyes sp wrote:Maybe over the course of my ENTIRE life so far, but I've definitely not seen that many since being an adult!
Haha! Of course, you've only been an adult for about 4 years and you're probably not overly addicted to movies like I apparently am.... Razz

joselin4life wrote:lol! Wow. Mel, you have a lot of movies. I've never seen that many before Very Happy
Yep! I wonder how much it would've cost me to buy them all at the same time? Smile
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:07 pm

melaisse052 wrote: Yep! I wonder how much it would've cost me to buy them all at the same time? Smile

Probably a lot of money Very Happy
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:12 pm

melissa052 wrote:I've been home alone for like 7 hours today so far, since I am A. Bored, B. Have no life, and C. Sometimes like counting, I decided to count every single DVD/VHS (movie) in the house...

There are about 2 bookcases of them in my bedroom, one mini bookcase of them in each the living room and the back room, plus a little CD flipcase of ones that were either burned or downloaded (I only download movies of DVDs I can't find in a store...)

In order to count without losing count, I stacked the DVDs into 10, then those into 10 to make stacks of 100 (Just to give a visual of sorts, one stack of 100 DVDs is about 5' tall....

I ended up with 9 stacks of 100, 1 stack of 50, 1 stack of 10, and a remaining 2 DVDs, that is exactly 962 DVDs with cases, plus the 53 caseless DVDs in the CD flipcase thingy... So that brings the grand DVD total to 1015....

You should see our theater room Very Happy
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:19 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
melissa052 wrote:I've been home alone for like 7 hours today so far, since I am A. Bored, B. Have no life, and C. Sometimes like counting, I decided to count every single DVD/VHS (movie) in the house...

You should see our theater room Very Happy

You have a theater room in your house? Can I come by sometime? Razz
That's one room I plan have in the house when I can afford my own house...

ALthough, my friends/family love me for this addiction! If they ever have a specific movie in mind that they wanna see, they come here before going to Hollywood video or other rental places.... I save them money! Razz
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:25 pm

lol, yeah, we took our basement here, since it's sound proof and turned it into a theater room. We have a wall full of DVD's and blu rays.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Ooh! Now I really wanna come by and check it out!!! LOL Very Happy
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:05 pm

If you're ever up here! Very Happy I like to buy all sorts, for example...I have all the LOTR...I also bought the extended versions, lol. Course, now we have Blu Ray so we're hoping to convery everything over.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:22 am

Not bad. I've got around a 150 -180 DVD. But about 85% of them have 3 or 4 movies recorded on them and the rest have TV shows so I am not too shabby myself. Although I have pretty much stopped actually recording on DVD's since I realized that it's actually faster for me to simply download the movie and burn on a rewritable DVD then try to find anything among my collection
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down