Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Since I have been kicked out of school for next semester AND I had to miss out on that NYC opportunity this summer...

4 posters

Go down

Since I have been kicked out of school for next semester AND I had to miss out on that NYC opportunity this summer... Empty Since I have been kicked out of school for next semester AND I had to miss out on that NYC opportunity this summer...

Post by melissa052 Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:52 am

I thought I'd look into NYFA's (New York Film Academy, the school that I had an opportunity with this summer but couldn't do) site to see all that they offer! Very Happy

As it turns out, there's a 9-week discounted program beginning in December.... Only costs $2k for tuition plus a $500 equipment fee plus students pay for their own productions (Which shouldn't be much at all, if anything, considering only 3 shorts will be filmed, longest being the last at most 7 minutes long...) Not a bad deal at all, considering I still have an unused $1500 scholarship that I won in my junior year...

Looks like this one just may be more reachable! Especially since it can be taken in SoCal so I'll be able to skip on paying for a plane and rent since I know people down there, plus spending 2.5-3 months down there, maybe I can get lucky and find permanence somewhere, making my move there sooner than expected....

Another awesome thing that I just noticed, by looking at former student's comments on the school, even the short term programs (Some as short as 1 week, others long as 8 weeks) help them find success, so this could work... Smile
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Since I have been kicked out of school for next semester AND I had to miss out on that NYC opportunity this summer... Empty Re: Since I have been kicked out of school for next semester AND I had to miss out on that NYC opportunity this summer...

Post by Unit7 Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:00 am

That's great news! Especially considering it can be done close to you. That alone will be a huge money saver. Very Happy

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Since I have been kicked out of school for next semester AND I had to miss out on that NYC opportunity this summer... Empty Re: Since I have been kicked out of school for next semester AND I had to miss out on that NYC opportunity this summer...

Post by melissa052 Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Yep! I love the fact that it could be done closer to home!!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:54 pm

melissa052 wrote:Yep! I love the fact that it could be done closer to home!!

If you need a script for one of them shorts, just let me know.
Actually then again I don't know if you as the director are supposed to come up with that stuff or not. *shrugs* Oh well if you need ideas, you know where to find me. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Unit7 wrote:
melissa052 wrote:Yep! I love the fact that it could be done closer to home!!

If you need a script for one of them shorts, just let me know.
Actually then again I don't know if you as the director are supposed to come up with that stuff or not. *shrugs* Oh well if you need ideas, you know where to find me. Razz

Well, according to the production goals on the webpage, we have to write, direct, and edit them, so I may very well be able to use your help! Plus one of the 7 classes I'll be taking is a writing one... I'm basically getting experience with all parts of production through this program, only thing I won't do is act!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Oh I see.

Sounds like a great program. Very Happy

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:32 pm

It must be a great program! The school it's offered through is one of the best... A lot of people within the business, including Steven Spielberg, Jamie Foxx, Pierce Brosnan, Jodi Foster, and a bunch of others have sent someone in their family to NYFA to study....
Plus the school is pretty much in Universal Studios.... I'll have free access to so many sets!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Well that sucks. I hope you didn't lose a lot of money on this college. And great news on your future plans. Congrats. If you ever need a test audience for your movies count me in. I have been an avid fan of short movies for years and I am almost never miss a screening Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:51 pm

I didn't lose anything, all the tuition I've had thus far has been paid through the government! (Well, there's one thing good about our government after all! Very Happy)
Thank you! I just requested info on the program a few days ago so I'm guessing I'll get a call tomorrow and a brochure in the mail by Wednesday or Thursday, and a planned out decision by the end of the month! Maybe getting kicked out of school was a good thing after all!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:05 pm

No lost money? Wheew. Then this really is not a big problem. You family shouldn't worry at all. I also once dropped out of a university and it really wasn't much of a big deal
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:21 pm

They shouldn't but the way Grandma is, I know it's inevitable that she'll freak out when she finds out! That's another reason why I'm gonna try to make it so I can go by the end of the month or sooner, I'd be forced to 'drop the classes I'm in' because I'd have to leave for LA a month before the semester ends... Take this opportunity and she'll never have to know about me being such a bad student to begin with! Very Happy
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamgirl18 Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm

That's SO awesome, Mel! I'm glad you found a way to make the best (maybe even better) of a bad situation! Hope everything goes great!!! Very Happy

Be sure to keep us updated! Smile
dreamgirl18
dreamgirl18
Animal Lover
Animal Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:32 pm

dreamgirl18 wrote:That's SO awesome, Mel! I'm glad you found a way to make the best (maybe even better) of a bad situation! Hope everything goes great!!! Very Happy

Be sure to keep us updated! Smile

It is awesome! Haha, that's the type of person I am.... I don't like waiting for something good to come out of something bad, so I search for something good to make the bad less bad!

Will do!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum