Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inception (2010)

3 posters

Go down

Inception (2010) Empty Inception (2010)

Post by Malletmusic17 Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:23 pm

i just got back from watching Inception
it was amazing((:

but, anyone who has watched it, pleaseeeee explain me the ending?!
is it reality or a dream??

i cant figure it out!
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Inception (2010) Empty Re: Inception (2010)

Post by pinkcupcake Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:35 pm

I saw it twice.

It was soooo amazing, blew my mind.

First time, I was as confused as you are. But I had a feeling, which was confirmed the second time I saw it, and Ty backed me up.

We think that the ending was reality, because the totem wavered and almost fell, AND because he finally saw his kid's faces.

But I guess no one can be fully sure, I'm just sticking with that (: lol

Btw. LEO DICAPRIO is hot.
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

https://www.youtube.com/user/vampdamonlove#p/a/f/1/Ok23-RtWe9s

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:40 pm

pinkcupcake wrote:I saw it twice.

It was soooo amazing, blew my mind.

First time, I was as confused as you are. But I had a feeling, which was confirmed the second time I saw it, and Ty backed me up.

We think that the ending was reality, because the totem wavered and almost fell, AND because he finally saw his kid's faces.

But I guess no one can be fully sure, I'm just sticking with that (: lol

Btw. LEO DICAPRIO is hot.

see, we decided that the whole point was he was stuck in Limbo and trying to change that one memory that Ellen Paige saw with the kids w/o faces.

but idk

YES OHMYGOSH.
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:58 am

I watched Inception, and I suppose I owe Pink a bit of an apology. I was a bit confused. Of course I wasn't sure if the top actually wobbled(pirated versions tend to suck like that)

But I finally went to some forums that had been discussing it and I am surprised I hadn't caught on to somethings. Its funny how that happens. Every puzzle piece is almost connected and its not until the final revelation does everything just fall right into place.

It was definitely a rather complex story full of all sorts of stuff. As for the ending I think it was entirely supposed to be ambigious.

But if it is reality there is something that completely buggs me about it. Exactly how is it that he is reliving almost the entire memory over again? The kids were doing the same thing basicly in his memory. Then of course I believe the kids were actually wearing the same thing.

Basicly its as if he was reliving the same moment we saw.

You know what?

I am going to agree with someones interpetation of it. I think what Cobb did in the end was create his perfect world. He created it so that he would 'wake up' on the plane like everyone else. He recreated one of the moments he wanted to change so that he could infact change them. He has recreated it so perfectly that the idea of what is reality and what is dream is so twisted you can't tell the difference. Remember his warning? Never use real memories. Thats what he probably did.

Then of course there is another interesting idea. Maybe Ellen Page's character created his perfect world for him? Now Ellen Page's character knew Cobb would be fine. She was relax and calm about it. She is also a far better Architect then that of Cobb was. Who is supposed to be one of the best in the buisness. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that scene in the begining and end between Cobb and Saito to trick him into believing he was leaving Limbo.

Remember another thing about Cobb said to Ellen Page's character. You don't remember how you got to where you are in a dream. We don't see Cobb actually shoot himself or anyone. Which would theoretically bring him out of Limbo. The screen grows dark and he is back on the plane. Not sure about any of you, but often my dreams sorta jump all over the place. I don't necessarily know how I got from some warehouse to the Burger King. but in the dream it makes perfect sense.

So I believe that Ellen Page's character managed to create this perfect world for him where he could see his children again. That he could return safely home. He was in far too deep, so she somehow managed to alter it for him. Except there is no indication for him as to whether or not its real or not. The top can continue to spin indefinitely or it can topple over. Who knows if its his actual totem at all? but thats because its just part of his world. A perfect world where there is no way to tell if your dreaming. Smile

Of course then again thats not it at all! Here is the true secret to the end.

The ending has no true answer to give. Its left completely ambigious for the purpose of making you think. In fact that Top could just as easily seen as an Inception of itself. The Top was very much a sign for Cobb to determine if he was dreaming or if he was awake. This idea is planted deep within our minds as we watch. We see him spin it several times and is mentioned by Old Saito that he knew a man who carried one just like that. The Top is given so much importatance, more so then ANY other totem in the entire film. Well of course it is. Its expected.

This is what they WANT you to expect and realize. Who knows? Perhaps Nolan wanted to pull an inception on the entire audience. By planting the idea that the Top can determine if its a dream or reality. That this somehow actually supposed to allow you to determine the ending. The Top continues on endlessly. Its not reality. If it warbles slightly it is reality. Meanwhile the ENTIRE scene about this is in fact completely off. Its the same memory he has lived countless times in his dreams. Only this time, they can look back at him.

wait what? Ok I lost you guys because I know I lost myself in that thing.

The beauty of this film is that it truly is so ambigious that there is no real truth to the ending. It is all about what you can extract from it through the clues and everything else that is mentioned in the movie.

Of course I am unsure whether or not the kids were wearing the same clothes or not(because... well I was pirating it and the quality wasn't as great) But what they were doing was way way to similar.

But yeah. I love this movie simply for how unclear that ending really is. How intentionally frustrating its meant to be. How its supposed to make you think and come up with your own understanding of it.

As for what I believe?

Its a toss up between Ellen Page's character creating this world or if it was Cobb himself.

Of course perhaps it isn't a dream at all and is in fact a reality. Of course for some reason those kids really bug me. Everything just seemed way to similar.

Oh but thats the beauty of it. It really could mean anything.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum