Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost! [Spoiler Warning!]

3 posters

Go down

Lost! [Spoiler Warning!] Empty Lost! [Spoiler Warning!]

Post by _DeantheAngelofDarkness_ Wed May 19, 2010 4:28 pm

any thoughts?
_DeantheAngelofDarkness_
_DeantheAngelofDarkness_
Vinco Vinator
Vinco Vinator

Back to top Go down

Lost! [Spoiler Warning!] Empty Re: Lost! [Spoiler Warning!]

Post by Unit7 Wed May 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Hmm Dean could you put a bit more into this post? Like maybe putting down your thoughts on it?
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by _DeantheAngelofDarkness_ Wed May 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Unit7 wrote:Hmm Dean could you put a bit more into this post? Like maybe putting down your thoughts on it?
hmmmmm sure
i'm mostly sad
_DeantheAngelofDarkness_
_DeantheAngelofDarkness_
Vinco Vinator
Vinco Vinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat May 22, 2010 1:56 pm

This Drinking Bingo might prove useful for the finale

Lost! [Spoiler Warning!] Lost-Bingo Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat May 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Haha thats hillarious... yet sorta has truth.

Looking back I realize alot of stuff isn't really ever explained.

Though I read someone comment that Walt's ability was more of a means to get the fantasy element into the show early on. To make it easier for Miles and Hurley to have their ability. Razz

Also the Dharma Initiative seems to never been properly explained and almost abandoned. Would have been nice to have this explained further.(as I doubt it will in the finale)

Also another thing. The whole thing about them not being able to give birth. What was up with that? It wasn't something just mentioned, Juliets character was heavily based around this fact. Claire was targeted early on by them for this, and the children of the tail section were abducted(who were never heard from again except their brief appearance in that one episode... then they were never heard from again) Hell they even took Walt which played a huge part in Michael's story, whch had lasting effects for Hurley.

Also not to mention Jacob and MIB's mother being killed by their surreget(sp) Mother. Or maybe I was the only one to think that she killed her because her people could no longer reproduce and she was the last one and needed someone to take over for her and... uh yeah.

Though I Hear that the season 6 DVD will contain answers to things that wont be fully explained in the series. Excluding a few mysteries they elected to keep open for theories. lol

As for the series finale.

I am hoping in some form the whole main cast appears to Jack or someone. Sorta cheesy but... I dunno I think it would be great.

But what I really want is Locke to come back in some form. Maybe its Jack sitting on the beach and Locke have a small conversation.

Because I really loved Jack's transformation from 'I don't believe, I want off' to the messed up drunk/pill popping doctor who knows he needs to return to fully becoming aware of everything Locke had said and following in Jacob's steps.

So... yeah something with Jack and Locke would be nice. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat May 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Yeah. I was especially curious about the plane that parachuted food down. Too bad they never went anywhere with a possible still active Dharma storyline

I wonder if Jacob killed the pregnant women on purpose so that the others would be forced to go out and recruit and be more careful with the outsiders instead of outright killing them. or maybe it was some kind of a punishment for them killing off Dharma

I would love it if the Locke from the alternate universe somehow comes back . Maybe it would be a bit too cheesy but it would be good if he somehow battle Locke for control over his body or something. I don't know. I just think that Locke desrves to be the one to save the island. He earned it
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat May 22, 2010 2:26 pm

OH yeah almost forgot about that plane. Also what about that field with all those 'reports' in those tubes? I think they really really messed up on this part. It would have been interesting if htey had concluded this. Alot of potential lost on this.

You know I just don't think Jacob would do that. I mean I know he isn't exactlyt he greatest guy. Wasn't one of his motives of bringing people to the Island to prove to his brother that not everyone can be corrupted? Along with of course finding his replacement once he died.

You know speaking of Jacob. Do you think there was some significance of him using the body of his child to appear and steal his ashes from Hurley? He always appeared to him as his adult self, so why do it as a child? Maybe its more of a metaphor that when his brother left he 'died' so to speak? If so I think that is kinda cool. I loved the relationship between Jacob and him(was he ever given a name?)

Also I don't think it was a punishment for Ben killing off the Dharma. I think the Dharma, along with all those other experiments and such, were also looking for the cave with the Light. They posed a threat and while maybe he did or did not order the kill I don't think he is to upset about it.

Oh Locke fighting control over that body would be awesome to see. Locke definitely deserves to be the one to save the Island and everyone else. Also it would be just amazing to hear Locke tell MIB 'Don't tell me what I can and cannot do' because that was part of why I loved Locke so much. He struggled with the idea of not being able to do alot of the things he wants, and was so determined.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun May 23, 2010 9:28 am

True. I guess we will probably never find an answer to this. Although they didn't give an exact time line on birth problems. Maybe the problem was Dharma tapping into the light.

I wondered as well. I thought that the child form was mostly used to freak out Smokey. I think some fans called him Esau or something but I don't remember an actual name being given and they went out of their way in the flashback not to give him a name

Could be but you never know. He wasn't too happy when his mothered slaughtered the people which by the way begs the question was she a smoke monster as well? I mean even if she has the whole immortality thing going I still can't see a single women wiping out a whole village. And she seems to know very well what happens if you go into the light. Which makes me wonder if she was a Smokey and killed by one of her disciples if the same thing can't happened to Smokey Locke as well with Claire playing the role . She seems to be the closest thing to a true follower he has

That would be an awesome last line before Locke goes into for the final fight Very Happy

And since today is the final episode let us remember all those who didn't make it on Lost

True. I guess we will probably never find an answer to this. Although they didn't give an exact time line on birth problems. Maybe the problem was Dharma tapping into the light. I wondered as well. I thought that the child form was mostly used to freak out Smokey. I think some fans called him Esau or something but I don't remember an actual name being given and they went out of their way in the flashback not to give him a name Could be but you never know. He wasn't too happy when his mothered slaughtered the people which by the way begs the question was she a smoke monster as well? I mean even if she has the whole immortality thing going I still can't see a single women wiping out a whole village. And she seems to know very well what happens if you go into the light. Which makes me wonder if she was a Smokey and killed by one of her disciples if the same thing can't happened to Smokey Locke as well with Claire playing the role . She seems to be the closest thing to a true follower he has That would be an awesome last line before Locke goes into for the final fight Very Happy

And since tonight is the final episode let us remember all those who didn't make it on lost till now

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by _DeantheAngelofDarkness_ Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm

hahaha niiice
_DeantheAngelofDarkness_
_DeantheAngelofDarkness_
Vinco Vinator
Vinco Vinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun May 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Rex wrote:True. I guess we will probably never find an answer to this. Although they didn't give an exact time line on birth problems. Maybe the problem was Dharma tapping into the light.

I wondered as well. I thought that the child form was mostly used to freak out Smokey. I think some fans called him Esau or something but I don't remember an actual name being given and they went out of their way in the flashback not to give him a name

That could be the reason. Who knows what else messing with that light could cause. Hmm yeah thats probably the reason. Yeah I have heard the name Esau used by fans, but most of them stick to the MIB/Flocke. I wonder why his name isn't revealed, or maybe he doesn't have one at all.

Could be but you never know. He wasn't too happy when his mothered slaughtered the people which by the way begs the question was she a smoke monster as well? I mean even if she has the whole immortality thing going I still can't see a single women wiping out a whole village. And she seems to know very well what happens if you go into the light. Which makes me wonder if she was a Smokey and killed by one of her disciples if the same thing can't happened to Smokey Locke as well with Claire playing the role . She seems to be the closest thing to a true follower he has

I actually think she was a smoke monster. I read a theory that pretty much pointed out what you just did and said the only way she could have accomplished destroying the village and that well was if she could do that if she was a smoke monster.

That would be an awesome last line before Locke goes into for the final fight Very Happy

Yeah it would. Very Happy

And since tonight is the final episode let us remember all those who didn't make it on lost till now

Great video

let them all RIP. Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun May 23, 2010 8:39 pm

As the series ended and I walked away.

All I could feel was... satisfaction.

Never has a series finale felt so perfect. Never has I felt so satisfied.

I will miss lost... but they couldn't have ended it any better.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 24, 2010 10:07 am

Really? I thought it was kinda halfassed. But then again that's probably because they didn't give much in the way of answers
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon May 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Rex wrote:Really? I thought it was kinda halfassed. But then again that's probably because they didn't give much in the way of answers

The only part I was disapointed with was the fight between MIB and Jack.

Other then that I really enjoyed the episode.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by _DeantheAngelofDarkness_ Mon May 24, 2010 5:55 pm

those were the most epic 2 and a half hours of my life
_DeantheAngelofDarkness_
_DeantheAngelofDarkness_
Vinco Vinator
Vinco Vinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue May 25, 2010 11:56 am

Haha man CollegeHumor did a great piece on Lost Laughing

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue May 25, 2010 1:05 pm

Speaking of Christian Sheppard... I know why his body was missing. Because he was already dead and moved on.

You see I have this crazy theory that the Island is not exactly on this plane of existance. Its not death, its an experience before the time of death. Everyone who was on that plane probably died(ok so I am no longer quite convinced of this last bit. But I am convinced that those who were seen dead on the Island did)

I think that people who are dead and have moved on to Purgatory, their physical body can't go there... but their... uh souls can. Yup. Which is why I believe Christian Sheppard was actually Christian Sheppard when he told Michael he can finally die and when he visited Jack.

In an episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live, they talk about some religious beliefs that sorta coincide with what happened at the end of Lost. That this can happen within nanoseconds or much longer.

The Island, I believe, is more or less a place to find redemption before dying. Also a place to find and work out any issues someone might have. Then they move on to purgatory where they experience a life that gets them to sorta relive their life and choose different paths, before ultimately Remembering the events of the Island with those they experienced.

The events of the Island were real, its just for some of the casts, like Jack, I believe that this may have happened as he opened, and closed his eye. Within that time period, he lived the Island and then died. At the end as the credits roll, we see the planes wreckage. Well how is that? It was gone years ago.

of course how does this explain Ben, we saw him at the Church. Also exhanges some of my favorite lines in the series "You were a great Number 2." "You were a great number 1"

The way I figured its like this. The Island they crashed on was... just an island. The Island they experienced was a place where everyone who needs redemption and to work out issues before dying go. They somehow find themselves here and they get this chance. They get a second chance.

Wow to me that whole concept of a Second Chance that was going on in Season 1 takes on a whole new meaning for me.

But yeah. Christian Sheppard's body couldn't be found on the Island because he was already dead and could move on.

Those who die and unable to move on become the Whispers. They couldn't find redemption, they couldn't work out their problems. They are stuck in an existence as a warning.

Also as for Jin and Sun's baby...

Well to behonest I don't think she was ever quite born. If you can follow my thinking, Jin and Sun probably died along with Jack on the Island. But then maybe not.

Yeah I know. I sound like an idiot and overlooked something.

But yeah, with a few exceptions this is what I believe the ending meant and what the Island is. Maybe some of them lived beyond the plain(or is it plane? fail. Sad ) crash.

But I think those who died on the Island, died the day the plane crashed.

... Ok I am done. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down