Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leverage

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Leverage Empty Leverage

Post by Unit7 Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:26 am

Today I finally caught up with Leverage and I remembered exactly why I love this show. Then I realized I don't ever remember you talking about it or saying you have watched it. The things I remember and the things I forget is amazing.

If you haven't seen the show I think you really should give it a shot.

Its about this former insurance investigator person who teams up with a group of criminals. A hacker, a thief, a grifter, and a retrieval expert. They help those against the rich and powerful who have taken advantage of those who don't have the means to protect themselves. corrupt CEOs, politicians, the mob. They use their resources and talens to run cons to get the bad guy to confess or have them do something that screws themselves over with.

I guess an easier explination is that it's similar to Burn Notice in how Michael helps people.

But the best part about the series has to be the characters themselves and how they interact with eachother. I mean who doesn't loves a character who asks if its alright if she is begining to enjoy tazerng people? Or the guy who can kick a room full of thugs without breaking a sweat?

If you haven't given this show a try I strongly recommend it because it just seems like something you would really enjoy. Its a nice blend of action, comedy, and seeing assholes of the world get whats coming to them. The acting is also great, even the scenes where they over act certain roles just adds to the charm.

Last edited by Unit7 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Leverage Empty Re: Leverage

Post by Rex Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:40 pm

No. These days I've been swamped between my dissertation and also checking out John Doe since I've been meaning to watch it for a while and your post pushed me all the way

But yeah I've been meaning to check it out for a while. I'll probably try it after I finish John Doe
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Rex wrote:No. These days I've been swamped between my dissertation and also checking out John Doe since I've been meaning to watch it for a while and your post pushed me all the way

But yeah I've been meaning to check it out for a while. I'll probably try it after I finish John Doe

Just posted on your John Doe thread.

Oh is that why you have been rather absent around here? Starting to get a bit lonely. Sad
Whats your dissertation on?

Well when you do get to trying Leverage I would love to hear your thoughts.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:30 am

This one is on Medieval Japan. It's not bad but a really slow work. Still if I do good I have a shot at a full paid two year scholarship in Japan so you know it's worth it

Speaking of Levarage I must say one of these days I really need to make The List. All movies and Tv shows I have loved and all Tv show and movies who's idea I like but I have yet to see
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Dude!!! I am the biggest Leverage fan, remember I used to ask you if had seen it. Anyway my favorite characters are Parker and Hardison, but it is hard to like all of them. I was so happy when they finally caught up with Monroe. It sucks that we have to wait until summer for new episodes though! pale

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Rex wrote:This one is on Medieval Japan. It's not bad but a really slow work. Still if I do good I have a shot at a full paid two year scholarship in Japan so you know it's worth it

Oh, so what was Medieval Japan like? Very Happy
Also good luck on the scholarship.

Speaking of Levarage I must say one of these days I really need to make The List. All movies and Tv shows I have loved and all Tv show and movies who's idea I like but I have yet to see

I think you will really enjoy Leverage and if not like Eliot would say 'There is something seriously wrong with you'

Also I should join you in making my List. Right now its just this thing inside my head and I can't for the life of me remember all of them until someone else brings it up or I stumble onto it when looking for something to watch.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:12 pm

ayan wrote:Dude!!! I am the biggest Leverage fan, remember I used to ask you if had seen it. Anyway my favorite characters are Parker and Hardison, but it is hard to like all of them. I was so happy when they finally caught up with Monroe. It sucks that we have to wait until summer for new episodes though! pale

Parker and Hardison are awesome. I can't think of a character I didn't like... well I didn't like sophie's temporary replacement all that much. I even like Sterling. Very Happy

I loved the shoot out between Eliot and all of Monroe's men. Oh and when they finally caught him it was just great. Very Happy

Though Sophie really should learn not to attend her own funeral/memorials. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Unit7 wrote:
ayan wrote:Dude!!! I am the biggest Leverage fan, remember I used to ask you if had seen it. Anyway my favorite characters are Parker and Hardison, but it is hard to like all of them. I was so happy when they finally caught up with Monroe. It sucks that we have to wait until summer for new episodes though! pale

Parker and Hardison are awesome. I can't think of a character I didn't like... well I didn't like sophie's temporary replacement all that much. I even like Sterling. Very Happy

I loved the shoot out between Eliot and all of Monroe's men. Oh and when they finally caught him it was just great. Very Happy

Though Sophie really should learn not to attend her own funeral/memorials. lol
I thought Tara( I believe that was her name) was really cute.Lol Somehow I am not fond of the Sophie character, I like her the least. I even like Chaos ( whom I think is hot) better..... The funeral thing was pretty funny, even I wish Eliot saw Sophie and Nate in bed together.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:23 pm

I am now officially watching Leverage. I am halfway through season 1 and you guys were right. It is good. And I am loving Parker! God I really have a thing for crazy chicks
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Rex wrote:I am now officially watching Leverage. I am halfway through season 1 and you guys were right. It is good. And I am loving Parker! God I really have a thing for crazy chicks

Well its about damn time. Very Happy

Can't blame you. Parker is just a one of a kind character. Smile

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:34 am

So still enjoying the series so far? Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:17 am

Oh I finished it. I am gonna write a big review one day but suffice to say I love the hell out of it. And would pay good money to see a Revenge/ Leverage crossover
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Rex wrote:Oh I finished it. I am gonna write a big review one day but suffice to say I love the hell out of it. And would pay good money to see a Revenge/ Leverage crossover

Welcome to the club. Wink

Actually I never considered a Revenge/Leverage crossover... now that I have that would be so awesome. personally I always wanted to see a Burn Notice/Leverage crossover. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Ok where to start.

First off truly great characters. I love each and every one of them. Well with the exception of Sophie's temporary replacement. And even more impressive I love the chemistry between the characters. They really do seem like this big wacky family with Nate and Sophie being Mom and Dad and Eliot being the big brother who constantly being driven crazy by his little siblings Parker and Hardison.

Spoiler:

Now for the characters. I love them all.

Nate is cool. I love how he can be both an incredible mastermind and at the same time deeply flawed and quite awkward and unsure of what to do in his personal life. And I love how the rest of the team deals with his alcoholism

Sophie is amazing. Seriously the actress is really really good. Her talent shines through and she is really sexy as well

Elio is awesome. It's great to see how conflicted he is by his past but at the same time able to enjoy life to the fullest . And it's great to see how he seems on the verge of going crazy with Parker and Hardison

Hardison is a cool guy and I am loving how smitten he is with Parker

Parker is the best. She manages this perfect balance between crazy ass nutjob and innocent and vulnerable girl.

Special mention of Stirling here. Mark Shepard always brings it but he is beyond amazing as Stirling. He is pure badass

Oh and Agent McSweeten is hilarious Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:31 pm

Rex wrote:Ok where to start.

First off truly great characters. I love each and every one of them. Well with the exception of Sophie's temporary replacement. And even more impressive I love the chemistry between the characters. They really do seem like this big wacky family with Nate and Sophie being Mom and Dad and Eliot being the big brother who constantly being driven crazy by his little siblings Parker and Hardison.

The chemistry between the characters is great. They really are a big dysfunctional family. I didn't like Sophie's temporary replacement either. She wasn't bad, but it just wasn't the same. Sad

Spoiler:

This is definitely unique amongst most shows. There was that tension but they never delve into it until much later into the series. Which made things even better because you actually knew the characters and you couldn't help but sort of root for it. Smile

Now for the characters. I love them all.

Nate is cool. I love how he can be both an incredible mastermind and at the same time deeply flawed and quite awkward and unsure of what to do in his personal life. And I love how the rest of the team deals with his alcoholism

Nate is awesome. There was one scene in the latest episode that I will never forget. They are sitting around a table and you get an idea that Nate has a plan for everything... that and apparently a plan incase someone were to die... except Eliot who will just get a cool scar.

Sophie is amazing. Seriously the actress is really really good. Her talent shines through and she is really sexy as well

What I really love about her character is that she is the worst actress when on stage. She hasn't a clue that she is horrible when acting in theater, but when she is on a job she is perfect. Also agree. The actress who plays her is amazing.

Elio is awesome. It's great to see how conflicted he is by his past but at the same time able to enjoy life to the fullest . And it's great to see how he seems on the verge of going crazy with Parker and Hardison

I definitely agree. Can't actually think of anything else to say at the moment.

Hardison is a cool guy and I am loving how smitten he is with Parker

Hardison is definitely one of my favorites... but thats not saying much when it comes to this show. I definitely have enjoyed the budding relationship between him and Parker. There is something just perfect about them being together. Oh the episode where Hardison creates the Parker 2000 was hillarious.

Parker is the best. She manages this perfect balance between crazy ass nutjob and innocent and vulnerable girl.

She definitely puts a different spin on the thief character. Usually a thief in fiction is... well the complete opposite of what Parker is. She is borderline insane and socially awkward. But she is also has this innocent side that is just fun to watch.

Special mention of Stirling here. Mark Shepard always brings it but he is beyond amazing as Stirling. He is pure badass

Stirling adds a nice rival/partnership to the Leverage Team. He is constantly manipulating the team to do what he wants. Eliot wants nothing more then to strangle the guy. Which always provide some fun when they are on screen together. But yeah Mark Shepard is an awesome actor. I can't picture anyone else playing Stirling.

Oh and Agent McSweeten is hilarious Smile

For a minor role in the series, I have to say its funny that I actually knew who you were talking about right off the bat. But then it's always fun to see Agent McSweeten pop up every so often. I love how they didn't just make him a one time kind of character.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:02 pm

The episode with the greeting card and documentry was fantastic. It was hillarious and it was just perfect. You know the friendship between Hardison and Elliot is just really fun.

Also. Seriously Parker was hillarious. Somehow having her in charge of the greeting card thing was a bad idea. But I did like her get well soon card and her eskimo kisses slide show. Very Happy

Also I can't blame Hardison for stealing his sandwich... the way Elliot described it... well it sounds great.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:14 am

I absolutely agree. It was brilliant I haven't laughed so hard in a while. I just love seeing the team being all family like Smile

Parker's presentation was awesome. I actually might take a few screencaps and use them as greeting cards Smile

And lol the sandwhich was awesome. Especially when Nate was ...going is sandwich a code word for something?

It's so good to have Leverage back and it looks there will have a christmas episode as well which will be awesome Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:36 am

Rex wrote:I absolutely agree. It was brilliant I haven't laughed so hard in a while. I just love seeing the team being all family like Smile

Parker's presentation was awesome. I actually might take a few screencaps and use them as greeting cards Smile

And lol the sandwhich was awesome. Especially when Nate was ...going is sandwich a code word for something?

It's so good to have Leverage back and it looks there will have a christmas episode as well which will be awesome Smile

It was definitely one of the best episodes and them acting like a family, a dysfunctional family at least, is always fun.

You know they could probably make a few pretty pennies selling those greeting cards. I know I'd be tempted to buy them. Razz

Oh god that was hillarious. He was completely lost as to what they were talking about.

I remember the other Christmas episode and that was fun. I think it was the one where Parker almost seemed like a child and then Hardison made it snow for her.

Speaking of Hardison and Parker. The episode where Parker and the other girls deal with that thief. I am just really loving this Parker Hardison relationship. I also really wish we learned more as to what Hardison was actually doing that night. You first see him at the base, then at some bar with Eliot, and then being chased by dogs.

While Tara was never my favorite character, it was nice to see her back. Also nice to see some actual interaction between Sophie and Tara or was there an episode where they were working together? Either way it was fun. I am also starting to think that the reason there is only room for 1 grifter... each have their unique way of doing it and can clash with the other. Razz

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Absolutely. I hope they will churn out a similar one for christmas. God I love them when they are like that Smile

Absolutely. Especially if they are e-cards Smile

Oh yeah I remember that one. Parker with the reindeer horns or was it the one with the elf outfit. In any case how adorable was that?

Yeah. And I loved how subtle it was. God I love the way they handle the realtionship in Leverage. None of this bit soapy things. But subtle and beautiful

Well your in luck! From what I understand next episode will actually be what the boys were doing this night

So true. Loved how they couldn't agree on anything Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Does anyone actually still use e-cards? Well I'd use those anyways. Nothing says 'get well soon' like a picture of a body in a morgue. Razz

I hope they have something great for the Christmas special. I tend to enjoy any holiday themed episodes of any series. I only remember the one Christmas special... so I think she wore both in that episode... and yes she was adorable. Can definitely see why Hardison has a thing for her. Razz

There is nothing more annoying when a TV series delves into romance where it doesn't belong. It can be handled in a very bad way. Leverage handles it perfectly. Its there but in the background and when its brought up its done in a nice beautiful way.

I hope you are right. Because it looked like an interesting night. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Will elaborate a lot more the boys night later but for now I just saw this and it's so awesome. I am loving the fact that the Leverage crew are Doctor Who fanboys

Leverage Tumblr_lqpq88okTW1r1jl3zo1_250
Leverage Tumblr_lqpq88okTW1r1jl3zo2_250
Leverage Tumblr_lqpq88okTW1r1jl3zo3_250
Leverage Tumblr_lqpq88okTW1r1jl3zo4_250
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Wow I hadn't noticed those references. Razz

Another great reason to love the series. Very Happy

Also the Boys Night Out Job was great. The two irish guys were hillarious. Standing outside the Church arguing whether or not they can go in and get Hurley.Of course then there is Sister Lupe... who isn't really a nun. Though that does answer the question as to who Eliot was walking with at the end of the previous episode. But I never actually put much thought into it.

I'll go into more later.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:05 am

Absolutely. The irish mobsters were awesome. I especially loved how desperate one guys was when just as they caught the girl he freaked out at "Sister? oh god I am going to hell)

Now I am about to watch the Christmas episode. Ought to be great., And did I mention how much I loved it that there is a Christmas Leverage episode?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:24 am

Well it wasn't a christmas special... still trying to wrap my mind around that...

But it was a great episode. Also the ending! Finally! What seems like forever ago they introduced that guy who was taking advantage of the Leverage team and making money. But as soon as he was introduced he seemed to have just disappeared. Starting to wonder if they had forgotten about him.

Probably will elaborate more but...

Well I gotta get up early(in like a few hours) lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:46 pm

I am gonna go on and on a lot when I am not feeling so lazy but holy was it just me or did you also immediately thought "Holy shit an Angel!" when the face flashed for a moment?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum