Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leverage

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Leverage

Post by Unit7 Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:06 am

actually I didn't. In fact I had read your post before seeing the episode and I still didn't get it.

It wasn't until like 5 minutes later that I was wondering what you were talking about and then I was like... wait. Of course! and then I went back and rewatched that bit. Razz

My first thoughts were actually 'Is Hardison actually trying to make it difficult for them by screwing around with his setup?' or something like that.

This episode was great. First off Mr. Punchy. Awesome. You know thats one thing I really like about Eliot. Most of the time he is serious and just wants to get the job done.

But he can also find amusement out of something like replaying Mr. Punchy's punch over and over again. Not sure how to describe it. But its a nice little quirk of his where he isn't all serious. A lot of tough guys on TV and in the Movies are all serious. But Eliot can kick all there butts and enjoy a simple flash animation. Razz

But whats really great about this episode is that it continues on with Hardisons desire to run his own team and cons. I remember like in an earlier season he mentioned that one day he'd like to have his own team. I think it was the episode where they hypnotized to give him the courage and to remember how to play the Cello.

Anyways I thought that was a great aspect of the show. Haridsons attitude was also really fun. Nate also took the comments and the suggestion without complaint... well there was one sarcastic remark by him but still.

Also when Parker agreed that Nate was a natural at being a cold boss was just hillarious. I really hope Parker never loses that quirk of hers. Razz

The ending was also great. Hardison really does alot of the work for the team. It was actually really sad seeing him writing checks for so many people. Mostly because he is back doing the grunt work and feeling down about how his awesome plan didn't work.

I think one day Hardison could make a great team leader.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:31 am

So I just finished the Radio Job.(the one where they are at the Patent office...)

First off you are definitely right. The writers or producers are big Doctor Who fans. What with Parker being convinced there is a Time Machine. Again this is why I love Parker. Then there was Parker telling the others how Nate's dad got away. Que the black and white, a song similar to the Doctor Who theme, and to 1962 he went! Now I was curious. Why 1962? Well During that year the people at BBC started wondering about doing a scifi show. A year later and you get Doctor Who... Razz

Then of course there was Hardison's bow tie. Awesome.

Speaking of our favorite hacker. I just loved how he went on a rant about how they keep dropping him off buildings and such and then going into the vault and looking at all the inventions. My favorite was the butler... It wasn't an IED! RIP RoboButler. Sad

Now for the ending. I had no idea the writers would have gone that far. I mean how many people actually die in the series? Sure some people off screen and a few here and there. But overall? No one dies. Which isn't a bad thing, its just not that kind of show. So when they killed off his father like that... holy shit. Now I found the whole slow motion part both amusing and sad. Not sure if it being almost funny was intentional or not. But it worked. All I know is when I saw Nate sitting up... there would be hell to pay. And when a guy like Nate has a group like the Leverage Team and he gets angry... well chances are he will con the whole world into believing its a nuclear holocaust to get even...(ok maybe not that big but... well if anyone could pull it off...)

But that wasn't why this episode was amazing(though Eliot asking where the bad guys get henchman does make for an amazing scene...)

I got really excited when I thought I knew who Latimere was working with...

Then at the end you see the camera move towards a jail cell... and in the dark you could see whatshisface in the dark. I was floored. Not only was I able to figure it out. But because I never expected to see him again.

If you don't recognize him... aside from playing Arty in Warehouse 13... then you should know he is the whole reason the Leverage Team even exists. He was the one who first assembled the team together to steal 'back' his airplane designs. When he got those designs back he tried to kill them.

In a warehouse with a bomb. Which is when the group teamed up together to get payback. Oh and apparently enough money to buy private islands and retire for life.

When I saw the oil drums in the warehouse I started to have this bad feeling. When it was revealed to be a double cross... yeah I knew what was happening. But still... I wasn't 100% sure until I saw the big bads face.

Though I for the life of me couldn't remember what he looked like. But the second I saw his face I was like 'Oh yeah, thats him'

So now I can't wait for the next episode. Seriously. Its going to be amazing. Then again most episodes of Leverage are good... but bringing back this old enemy should be quite a bit of fun. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:37 am

Almost forgot. Was looking at some comments about the show.

How the hell could I forget about the Die Hard bit? Damn why does this have to be on a network show? I would love to see Eliot finish that catchphrase. "Yippe ki yay mother fucker"

Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:20 am

I will write more later but for now I just want to say just how insanely much I loved this Parker only episode Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:30 am

Anyway back to the episode. I loved that we got a whole one dedicated to Parker. She has always been my favorite and I love how well they are developing character and she becomes more human and yet remains the same at her core

Her crime fighting duet with the waitress was awesome and her conversations with the Teddy bear were beyond hilarious

And I really like how Nate gave her the nod of respect for a game well played like a proud father. He is obviously preparing something big and this whole season seems to be about preparing the kids to be able to work without him. I can't help but wonder what will happen to him?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum