Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first College Retreat :)

4 posters

Go down

My first College Retreat :) Empty My first College Retreat :)

Post by Malletmusic17 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Distinction: June 10-12th 2011

words can not describe how thankful I am that I went to Distinction.

but I will try, starting with what we did.

Friday Night: we drove up (and the van ride was AWESOME haha!) and, even though we were a little late, we arrived at Skycroft Retreat Center in MD. we unpacked and settled into our cabin. (girls on the left of the common area, boys on the right) We headed to Session One with our worship leaders Josh and Tasha Via and our Session Leader Mark Chripczuk where our first topic was God. It was very much a “building” lesson for the next few sessions. Afterwards we headed into the common area for Midnight, Milkshake, Movie, where we watched MegaMind.

Saturday: breakfast was whenever we woke up, and we headed to community groups. Liz was our leader for my group and we had a great first session! then we headed to Session Two where our topic was Sin. another “building” lesson, but it was very informative! after lunch we went to the field for our Flour Fight, after making team flags of course. (flour fight being flour in knee-highs being thrown at people) it was messy and fun! we had a few hours of free time and most of us spent it playing Colors at the pool. after dinner we went to the Washington Monument in MD where, on top of the tower, you can see VA, WV, MD and PA. I didn’t climb the tower, but we had a great view! Session Three followed and it was super intense. it was about response, “a change in behavior, but not heart, is not commendable; it’s condemable.” we talked about the ways we undermine our sin, how we lesson it, which really hit home for me. we had a community group, just to discuss how we all felt about this lesson and I’m so glad I wasn’t alone in my feeling. we had a bonfire following community group and it was so much fun to fellowship with all of them! and then came the nurf war! Doug Adams, our pastor, is a SAVAGE at Nurf war! and not only was it Nurf guns, it was dodgeball and capture the flag too! following a quick shower, we watched Star Wars 4 in the Session room, which was like a movie theater, though most of us watched through our eye lids.

Sunday: after packing, breakfast, and a quick game of cups and catch phrase, we headed to our last Session. Session Four was the best by far, and it talked about the three aspects of the Gospel: The Cross (historical/theological), the Heart (sonship/identity), and the Crown (kingdom). all three of these come to form the message: the message has to get OUT(crown), be RIGHT(cross), and sink IN(heart). the music following Mark’s preaching by Josh and Tasha was so moving. we were invited just to pray (or sing) and everything I had headed sunk in as I went to God in prayer. We sang Sweetly Broken and I have never felt closer to God than that moment, and I have since. we headed home from this amazing weekend following out last community group and lunch.

I am more than thankful I got to go to Distinction. words can not express how thankful I am, and how much closer I am to God, and how many things I am changing in my life. I am so thankful for the new friends I made and the fellowship we had. God has been so good to me, and I didn’t even realize. Why He loves me so much, I will never know. All I do know is I am never letting go of Him.

“You are far more flawed than you ever dared to believe, but you are far more loved than you ever dared to hope”
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

My first College Retreat :) Empty Re: My first College Retreat :)

Post by scifidawn Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:47 pm

That sounds like it was WONDERFUL. I am glad you got to experience that kind of a retreat. Those always bring us closer to He who WANTS us close to Him. It is funny, but the great Creator of all cares enough to WANT "lil ole" us as his friends.

I love the quote you have at the end.

God bless.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:31 am

Malletmusic17 wrote:Nurf war! and not only was it Nurf guns, it was dodgeball and capture the flag too! following a quick
Whoa. That sounds kinda awesome. Glad you had fun
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:27 am

scifidawn wrote:That sounds like it was WONDERFUL. I am glad you got to experience that kind of a retreat. Those always bring us closer to He who WANTS us close to Him. It is funny, but the great Creator of all cares enough to WANT "lil ole" us as his friends.

I love the quote you have at the end.

God bless.

Smile

Rex wrote:
Malletmusic17 wrote:Nurf war! and not only was it Nurf guns, it was dodgeball and capture the flag too! following a quick
Whoa. That sounds kinda awesome. Glad you had fun

haha yeahh! at one in the morning, it was amazing!
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:11 am

That sounds great. I love those moments where you just feel like you're wrapped in God's arms. So much JOY!! Very Happy
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:03 am

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:That sounds great. I love those moments where you just feel like you're wrapped in God's arms. So much JOY!! Very Happy

Very Happy

I feel so...revived since I've been back. I've been doing daily devotionals and going to Sunday School EVERY Sunday as well as going to Encounter on Wednesday Nights (like wednesday-night church for the college group) and I just feel amazing Smile
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down