Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn and all Christians

4 posters

Go down

Dawn and all Christians Empty Dawn and all Christians

Post by secret_life8 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Hey Dawn, I just wanted to share this song with you. I just returned yesterday from this weekend retreat and it was awesome. God was present among the 2300 teenagers present and the Holy Spirit touched so many lives. If you wanted me to tell you more about it, just let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfR5u0-Q5U
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Dawn and all Christians Empty Re: Dawn and all Christians

Post by Malletmusic17 Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:23 pm

secret_life8 wrote:Hey Dawn, I just wanted to share this song with you. I just returned yesterday from this weekend retreat and it was awesome. God was present among the 2300 teenagers present and the Holy Spirit touched so many lives. If you wanted me to tell you more about it, just let me know.

weekend retreats are so amazing <3 did you see my post about my retreat? granted, it was maybe 30 people but still, God works in such magnificent ways Smile
Malletmusic17
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:06 pm

secret_life8 wrote:Hey Dawn, I just wanted to share this song with you. I just returned yesterday from this weekend retreat and it was awesome. God was present among the 2300 teenagers present and the Holy Spirit touched so many lives. If you wanted me to tell you more about it, just let me know.

Of course I would like to hear about it. Now, I am going to look at your link.

I just went and looked. I am exhausted after a long day, and this joyful link made me feel good and happy. And, you had Adoration. I watch this and want to laugh when people think CHRISTians have no fun. This was wonderuful. Not only do we have fun in life, but we have God with us at the same time!!!

God bless, and thank you for sharing. Now, tell me all you want to tell.

scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

Friday Night:

Keynote speaker was Leah Darrow, former model on America's Next Top Model and model in NYC. She told us her conversion story and it was very inspirational and touched my heart. We listened to praise and worship music (I'll post some if you want). Adoration was okay but Saturday night's was epic.

Saturday:

Listened to Deacon Ralph (last name?) talk about the martyrs and what they had have spiritually to be able to surrender their lives over to Christ. More praise and worship music and watched some entertainment. We also prayed in the small grotto there. Four other girls and myself prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Adoration was amazing. The Holy Spirit was present among us and the whole event touched me deeply. I ended up visibly shaking and my friend had to support me as I stood up. I sat down on the chair and then ended up on the ground where I was praying. I had a friend praying over me. Suddenly, there were many people surrounding me and catching me as I feel sideways. They helped me sit up and gain strength (I felt so weak in the presence of my Savior). I, throughout all of this, was bawling my eyes out. I needed to be calmed down and I was. After adoration, I got something to eat and drink and then we broke into small groups to talk. In small groups, we talked about the need to form a sisterhood of Christ and build each other up instead of tearing one another down. During adoration I was hit with the pain and pure agony of what this world would be like without the love and compassion of Christ. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Someone pointed out how Our Lady of Fatima revealed hell to the children and how Christ was showing me something similar. (Many people I know think that hell is living forever without the presence of God.) It was one of the most powerful adoration I have ever attended because I allowed myself to be vulnerable before Jesus. Mass was good. We listened to the chastity talk by Leah Darrow and it was AWESOME! She invited anyone who had something on their hearts to share to come forward, and so I did. I saw beautiful and brave women tell their stories of almost rape and lacking self-worth to finding Christ. And I learned something new. I deserve CHRISTMAS! (You would have had to been there to get it.)

Sunday:

We had more praise and worship music, mass, and an awesome homily. The reading was about the weeds and the wheat and how they will be separated in heaven. He had 1/2 of us be the wheats and 1/2 be the weeds and then slowly the wheat started to due because of various reasons--lack of faith, losing hope, etc. Then we had small groups again to talk about growing in our faith. On the bus home we witnessed and one women commented on how spiritual I am for my age. I got into a deep conversation about Our Lady of Fatima. Our bus ended up breaking down on the way home on the side of the highway. It took us 2 1/2 hours of waiting before another bus came to pick us up. We made the best of it though and played games on a grassy area by the side of the highway. Then we transferred buses and ended up taking 3 buses in total home.

The whole retreat consisted of prayer and reaching out for Christ. I talked with other teens about my faith, even people I have never met.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:58 pm

I am so very glad you had such a wonderful time. Smile
x_mia_x
x_mia_x

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:04 pm

secret_life8 wrote:Hey, sorry for the late reply.

Friday Night:

Keynote speaker was Leah Darrow, former model on America's Next Top Model and model in NYC. She told us her conversion story and it was very inspirational and touched my heart. We listened to praise and worship music (I'll post some if you want). Adoration was okay but Saturday night's was epic.

Saturday:

Listened to Deacon Ralph (last name?) talk about the martyrs and what they had have spiritually to be able to surrender their lives over to Christ. More praise and worship music and watched some entertainment. We also prayed in the small grotto there. Four other girls and myself prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Adoration was amazing. The Holy Spirit was present among us and the whole event touched me deeply. I ended up visibly shaking and my friend had to support me as I stood up. I sat down on the chair and then ended up on the ground where I was praying. I had a friend praying over me. Suddenly, there were many people surrounding me and catching me as I feel sideways. They helped me sit up and gain strength (I felt so weak in the presence of my Savior). I, throughout all of this, was bawling my eyes out. I needed to be calmed down and I was. After adoration, I got something to eat and drink and then we broke into small groups to talk. In small groups, we talked about the need to form a sisterhood of Christ and build each other up instead of tearing one another down. During adoration I was hit with the pain and pure agony of what this world would be like without the love and compassion of Christ. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Someone pointed out how Our Lady of Fatima revealed hell to the children and how Christ was showing me something similar. (Many people I know think that hell is living forever without the presence of God.) It was one of the most powerful adoration I have ever attended because I allowed myself to be vulnerable before Jesus. Mass was good. We listened to the chastity talk by Leah Darrow and it was AWESOME! She invited anyone who had something on their hearts to share to come forward, and so I did. I saw beautiful and brave women tell their stories of almost rape and lacking self-worth to finding Christ. And I learned something new. I deserve CHRISTMAS! (You would have had to been there to get it.)

Sunday:

We had more praise and worship music, mass, and an awesome homily. The reading was about the weeds and the wheat and how they will be separated in heaven. He had 1/2 of us be the wheats and 1/2 be the weeds and then slowly the wheat started to due because of various reasons--lack of faith, losing hope, etc. Then we had small groups again to talk about growing in our faith. On the bus home we witnessed and one women commented on how spiritual I am for my age. I got into a deep conversation about Our Lady of Fatima. Our bus ended up breaking down on the way home on the side of the highway. It took us 2 1/2 hours of waiting before another bus came to pick us up. We made the best of it though and played games on a grassy area by the side of the highway. Then we transferred buses and ended up taking 3 buses in total home.

The whole retreat consisted of prayer and reaching out for Christ. I talked with other teens about my faith, even people I have never met.

Michelle, what a blessing. The presence of God can be overwhelming. I wish everyone would give Him the opening to share Himself that way. I heard somewhere that God is a gentleman and will not force Himself on us, but if we invite Him, He comes joyfully.

I love having someone like you to talk with on here. I think you understand the felling of "Falling in Love" with Christ. May God, continue to bless you abundantly.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down