Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of Korra

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Legend of Korra Empty Legend of Korra

Post by Unit7 Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:47 am

See it sorta bugs me that its full title is The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra. I mean... shes not the last airbender. I mean I am sure the airbenders numbers are still rather low. But shes not the last airbender. Hell she starts off as a freaking water bender. Also its just a painful reminder of that... thing...

The trailer:

Now this has been released forever ago. Well more like since this years Comic Con. I think. Not sure. But it feels like forever.

But doesnt this trailer just look beautiful?

Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of the War. From my understanding the conflict will revolve around an anti-benders movement which is the result of the War. Which should be a fascinating concept to explore.

I guess it might actually be a different take on the X-men scenario(or whatever its really called) Where instead of benders living in secrecy from the start out of fear, it wasn't until the War were people not as accepting of Benders with some places I'd imagine being hostile. You know depending on how bad the War touched that location.

I also like that we are going to be seeing new animals. Take Korra's Polar Dog Bear... thing. Its one of those fun things I loved about the series to begin with. Turtleducks and well some more. I just can only remember Turtleducks. Oh that and Momo and Appa.

But the world so far looks incredible, doesnt help that the animation looks top notch.

Anyways I thought I just you know reserve some space for when this starts airing. Which is... forever from now.

I also like that when I first learned of it that this was only going to be like 12 episodes or something. Just read that(on a wiki though) that its scheduled for 26 episodes. Very Happy

I also hope that this wont be the last series in the Avatar world. Smile

Last edited by Unit7 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Legend of Korra Empty Re: Legend of Korra

Post by Rex Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Unit7 wrote:See it sorta bugs me that its full title is The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra. I mean... shes not the last airbender. I mean I am sure the airbenders numbers are still rather low. But shes not the last airbender.
They are? I was left with the impression that they were all exterminated? Unless Aang got really naughty

Hell she starts off as a freaking water bender. Also its just a painful reminder of that... thing...
No....don't. Just don't

The trailer:

Now this has been released forever ago. Well more like since this years Comic Con. I think. Not sure. But it feels like forever.

But doesnt this trailer just look beautiful?

Holy crap how did I miss this.? It really looks great. The animation seems slightly different in some place but it still looks great

[quote[Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of the War. From my understanding the conflict will revolve around an anti-benders movement which is the result of the War. Which should be a fascinating concept to explore.
[/quote]

I am loving the fact that we see actual progress. So many fantasy series simply ignore the concept of progress. I mean jeez remember LOTR? God they seem stuck in the dark ages forever. But this ? This looks awesome. And I am loving the Aang statue. Great tribute

That's the great thing about Avatar. Endless possibilities for sequel Smile God I would so love another movie. This time with actually good director. I mean can you imagine if Peter Jackson were to direct it?

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Rex wrote:They are? I was left with the impression that they were all exterminated? Unless Aang got really naughty

No. Aang and Katara get married and have children. Now I think I read that Tenzin was the only airbender out of them. So I guess perhaps the title isnt too far off. But... yeah I'd rather just see Avatar in the title. I suppose for a long time to come Airbenders will be scarce.

Holy crap how did I miss this.? It really looks great. The animation seems slightly different in some place but it still looks great

In some parts it does look different. But I can't say that its a bad thing. Everything in there just looks amazing. Also Korra is looking to be a complete badass. So far she should be fun to watch.

I am loving the fact that we see actual progress. So many fantasy series simply ignore the concept of progress. I mean jeez remember LOTR? God they seem stuck in the dark ages forever. But this ? This looks awesome. And I am loving the Aang statue. Great tribute

Yeah thats the one thing about high fantasy that always seems to happen. No matter how much time passes it sorta seems like they are stuck in that one era. But I suppose its not to far off from real life. Then again humans spent a good few thousand years in some parts being more or less the same. Well different governing systems, better metal work, and such. or something. Im no expert I guess. lol

That's the great thing about Avatar. Endless possibilities for sequel Smile God I would so love another movie. This time with actually good director. I mean can you imagine if Peter Jackson were to direct it?

That and prequils. Hell we already know there have been hundreds if not thousands of previous Avatars. What kind of conflicts and crap some of them had to deal with who knows?

Also if someone like Peter Jackson took a stab at a movie adaption I know it would be great. It would atleast resemble what it should be like. I'd also be far more confident in any changes he would make. He has proven himself that he can be a great director.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:14 pm

--

Last edited by Soap on Sun May 25, 2014 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Soap
Soap

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:12 am

Bastards made it impossible to watch from my country but you guys should be ok. Here we have a clip of the White Lotus finding Korra as the new avatar Smile

http://www.themarysue.com/first-scene-legend-of-korra/

I can't wait for this!

Legend of Korra Tumblr_m0g0h8po851qas19no1_250Legend of Korra Tumblr_m0g0h8po851qas19no2_250Legend of Korra Tumblr_m0g0h8po851qas19no3_250
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 pm

That scene really is both cute and hillarious. It sorta took me by surprise that she was already bending the elements like she was. But I think its part due to being a prodigy and her personality in general. We have only seen the youth of 1 Avatar and he seemed to have more then a knack for Airbending.

But yeah... "I'm the Avatar, you gotta deal with it!' was just priceless. Very Happy

Sorry you couldn't see it. Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:33 pm

It looks great and its only a month away. Smile

Though I have to admit Korra's voice sounds a bit odd at times. But it looks great and the new villian is looking to be awesome. I just love the plot for this new series. A group of people who want to rid the world of bending.

I mean from the perspective of someone who can't bend(well obviously but not what I mean) it does seem unfair that most of the power and wealth probably resides on the benders side.

So I am hoping that they will show that the villians actually have a great reason for fighting against them. But thats what I really enjoyed about Last Airbender too. The whole good vs evil was a tad more complex then the typical kid show. I guess. Then again maybe not.

ANYWAYS.

APRIL 14th!!!! Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:16 am

It's out!!!! Its' been leaked!!!!

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Oh I know! I saw it and it was amazing. On a different forum someone posted the nickpress screening username and password(turns out it was just nickpress) They took it down shortly after I finished watching it and wasnt sure if someone had managed to leak it out.

But this series is looking to be amazing. I am really loving Korra and Tenzin and of course his children. There was something really awesome just seeing a bunch of airbenders. Smile

Also the creators are a bunch of trolls. Seriously they have one of Katara's grandchildren ask her about Zuko's mother and before she can tell what happened she is interrupted!

I am also loving the feel of Rupublic city itself. The music is also great.

God what isn't great about this series so far? Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 am

I love how many children Tenzin has. Who would have thought that Aang's son would be such a stud. You go dude. Repopulate the airbenders by yourself!

Lol absolutely. Such a perfect troll moment. I could practically feel tens of millions of fans getting punked Smile

Everything. It's awesome. And I am so happy that they show a real technological progress. In most universes they rarely bother with this but here it makes complete sense considering the benders abilities and the already significant technological achievments that were in first part
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Rex wrote:I love how many children Tenzin has. Who would have thought that Aang's son would be such a stud. You go dude. Repopulate the airbenders by yourself!

Oh I know! Speaking of Aang's son. I wonder if or when we will see his other children. I noticed that they seem absent and aside from their names being mentioned we haven't seen or heard anything about them. Other then they were like Aang.

Lol absolutely. Such a perfect troll moment. I could practically feel tens of millions of fans getting punked Smile

Yeah I know. I guess I'll have to look into the comics... though I suppose I was going to do that anyways.

Everything. It's awesome. And I am so happy that they show a real technological progress. In most universes they rarely bother with this but here it makes complete sense considering the benders abilities and the already significant technological achievments that were in first part

Definitely agree. It also gives the series a fresh new feel but it also does a great job of keeping it familiar.

Oh I saw the second episode! Very Happy

First off. Tenzin's little boy(can't remember his name) is hillarious and just weird and awesome. The new sport Pro Bending is also really cool. The fight scenes were just great and the training with the leaf was just great animation. Mako and Bolin are also great characters we are finally introduced.

Hmm yeah. Again I am really loving this series. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:48 am

Excuse me did you say episode 2? I have torrents to pillage. Be back soon
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:18 am

Rex wrote:Excuse me did you say episode 2? I have torrents to pillage. Be back soon

Yeah. Korranation had this thing where if they got 100k likes and shares and tweets or you know whatever it is the kids are doing these days they'd officially release the first 2 episodes on the 24th instead of april 14th.

It was a great episode.

The only downside to this prerelease thing is that... well to behonest I wish I hadn't known about it. Sometimes it's easier to wait when you don't know exactly whats coming. Because on April 14th they are only going to be showing the first two episodes which means the wait is even longer.

>.<
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:56 am

Oh I do wonder about Aang's other children. I both love and hate how they tease us with these mysteries Smile And I also love Tenzin's reactions

Legend of Korra Tumblr_m1g9txFCRn1qc6dnlo1_500
Legend of Korra Tumblr_m1g0nflb2Q1qdadpwo1_500

They are comics!? Man I really haven't kept up with Avatar fandom

Lol I love all of Tenzin's children. The son was hilarious. Especially the way he started repeating after Korra
His daughters are also great. How can you not love this Smile
Legend of Korra Tumblr_m1dmjfvdcv1r2jm8po1_500

And I love the boys. It was hilarious how Korra friendzoned the poor guy at first contact

Legend of Korra Tumblr_m1fjixh9Rq1qkf5bzo1_r1_500

Lol that was brutal

Oh man there is so much I want to say but I think I have to watch it a few more times to get all my thoughts in order
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Tenzin is definitely a great character. I am looking forward to more Tenzin. oh and I agree about his daughters aswell. That was just hillarious.

Well I think there are going to be three, one of them is already out I think(not sure) I think it's subtitled The Promise and I believe it focuses on finding Zuko's mother. Not entirely sure though.

You know I also rewatched the first episode and I can't believe I forgot about the guy in the bushes at the park. I am really hoping he wasn't just a one time character. Hopefully we will see more of him. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Ok still have a lot to think about but meanwhile this is really cool

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/afigureofspeech/19999197270/1/tumblr_m1j4mmtxoR1r0xsbbLegend of Korra Tumblr_m1j4mmtxoR1r0xsbb
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:20 am

That is cool. Wow Tenzin really does have to repopulate the Airbenders by himself.

Also this will be great for when I need to remember the kids names. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:33 am

Ever get around to collecting your thoughts on the episode? Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:31 am

Excuse me while I gather the pieces of my blown mind and rewatch the new episode a few hundred times more!

Legend of Korra Tumblr_m2vbjtrUsd1rryoiho1_500
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Episode 3 was amazing. Well worth the like long ass wait!

I really love Amon's soldiers. From their costumes to their fighting style. I don't think any of them really said anything at all. For most of the fights they were absolutely quiet. Which to me just seems to make them a bit more intimidating. I also wonder what's up with that green gas. Usually if it's a smokescreen type of deal its gray... maybe it makes it harder for benders to well bend.

I also found it odd that both Amon and Bolin and Mako lost people to Firebenders. I mean even the leader of the Triple Threat Triad was a fire bender.

Anyways I did love that we get to learn more about Mako and Bolin. They are turning out to be fun characters. Nothing most people probably didn't already figure out but I was a bit shocked to see that Mako worked for Triple Threat Triads.

The small scenes with Naga and the Fire Ferret's mascot was great. Them drinking water together was just... well it put a smile on my face for some reason. Maybe it's because it reminds me of Appa and Momo from Last Airbender.

The animation in this series continues to impress me. I mean this kind of quality I'd have expected more from a movie. But who could blame me? Have you seen the animations lately coming from American produced shows?

I also love how Amon is villifying Benders. Because he is right. So far all the wars we know about... which I guess are only 2... all because of bending. The first was that Earth Kingdom King who tried to conquer their continent until Avatar Kyoshi accidentally killed the King while seperating part of the continent and making that island. The second we know about is the one in ATLA.

Amon also demonstrated his ability to remove someones bending ability on criminals. While he won't stop at just criminals but I think for the time being most of the victims will be those who abuse their power and anyone(like Korra/her friends and the Metal Bending Police)

Amon also challenged the idea that benders give balance to the world. From a nonbender's point of view who has seen benders take advantage of nonbenders they are going to agree.

But I think he is using faulty logic. Bender's don't give balance to the world, only the Avatar does.

But then... someone on another forum pointed out that bending is more of a spiritual nature. Perhaps all benders do give some sort of balance to the world between the Spirit world and the Living world. The Avatar being the big balancer. but take away all benders without an Avatar around... maybe the two worlds will fall out of balance... causing chaos?

Or something.

Either way I love Amon so far and his soldiers. Oh and did you see! One of them was dual weilding those electric baton things? Awesome. Very Happy

Oh and when Jinora and Ikki were hasseling Korra about whether or not Mako makes her crazy in a good or bad way? Hillarious. Smile

This was a mess of a post... well arn't they all? Razz

Great episode... so how long until saturday? Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat May 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Legend of Korra continues to be awesome.

The Task Force. I am looking forward to more of the Task Force. I guess I am predicting to much about the future of the series, so I was actually surprised that Korra actually joined. I keep expecting them to turn out to be... well have good intentions but only ending up making things worse and giving Amon more supporters.

Not sure which episode. I think it was the same episode where she joins the Task Force, but we got to see the old gang as adults. Well except Zuko... but apparently he is still alive.

But with the latest episode. It seems like these flashbacks are definitely going to be reoccuring. Which makes me wonder... what's the story? What happened? I want more!

The Shipping Episode. This episode was probably one of those you either loved or you hated. I enjoyed it. Though I felt really sorry for Bolin after he saw Korra and Mako kiss. The poor guy just can't seem to get a break. But it's kinda nice that they sorta got all that out of the way. Some shows can take episodes to build up onto this type of storyline and then a few episodes to deal with the aftermath. Here they covered it all within one episode. Which was refreshing.

The Championship. This was a fantastic episode. Amazing. I really wanted the Fire Ferrets to seriously kick the Wolfbat's butts. And then they were cheating! After the Fire Ferrets were really losing I just wanted Korra to go all avatar state... see how they like to be on the recieving end of some 'cheating' But I loved how Amon continues to exploit these situations. But the thing is... he is right. I mean why would anyone cheer for a team that is so blatantly cheating? It was a great chance for Amon to point out just how big a bullies Benders are. That they can't even fight fair amongst themselves.

I loved the scene where the Equalists put on their masks and reached into their popcorns for those gloves.

ALso loved that we saw more Metal Bender fighting. Chief Bei Fong is a badass. That and I loved that we got to know why Bei Fong and Tenzin don't seem to get along that well. Who would have thought? Toph's kid and Aang's kid together? Razz

I also felt bad for the Wolfbats. I mean I hated them and couldn't wait to see Korra kick that one guy's ass. But... well couldn't help feel sorry for him. Though the world is probably better off without him as a bender.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun May 13, 2012 8:01 am

I think I will rewatch this last episode a few more times because it was so damn awesome I am still speechless! Hell yeah!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 14, 2012 1:14 am

All righty then. First to mention the previous episode. Yes it was pretty much an entire shipping episode and while I didn't like it very much I am really glad that they did because this is not like the old gang. They are not little kids. They are teeangers and these issues need to be addressed and dealed with and I am glad that they did it. And I must say it was done very good. Great balance of awkward, confusion and ultimately understanding. I much prefer such a direct approach then to drag on for many episodes

Now as for the episode I love it so much. First so glad to see that Torlac is still such a slimey politician. I wonder why he wants to undermine Bei Fong. And speaking of her I am so loving the idea of her and Tenzin. Dude got game. And I also loved how Korra had go on the explaino rant. That was hilarious. Got be weird to talk to your reincranted father in the form of a teenage girl about this

Now the championship was great. I like that they expanded further on the rules of pro bending. This explains a lot of things and the cheating was creative. And Pabu was so awesome. Dance you glorious fire ferret!

Amon's men were awesome. And quite impressive in their tactics and organization. But what I am curious about is just how they were so successful. They gotta have some kind of a major backing. Developing the taser gloves, smuggling in the bombs...I don't know why but I suspect that the car industry guy might be involved. Tarloc too somehow but not so directly

As for Bei Fong Spiderman's got nothing on her. She is awesome. Can you imagine what she can do if she actually fights on the ground?

Speaking of Wolfbats I really really want to see an actual wolfbat now Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon May 14, 2012 2:28 am

I agree with you. Unlike the old cast where it wasn't an issue, the whole love subplots sorta come with the territory of teenage casts. Good that most of it's out of the way though. A great episode.

Tenzin and BeiFong would be fun to see. I want flashbacks!

Torlac is up to something. I just don't know what. Maybe he will try and use the Equalist movement to boost himself.... as Emperor of Republic City! Or maybe not. Either way I don't trust him.

Speaking of Reincarnated Aang. I loved how BeiFong was skeptical that Aang would really reincarnate into Korra. It was hillarious. Razz

I am actually sad that Probending probably won't be seen much now. I mean the Championship is over. I suppose there are only so many things you can do with it. But it really is a cool sport.

The way they cheated was creative. I would never have thought of using rocks inside of water before.

Those stupid Wolfbat masks... and the firework display... were nothing compared to Pabu! Also Bolin taking to Pabu to try and get him to chew through the rope? That was great.

Yeah I immediately thought of Spiderman when I saw her in action. I want to see what she can REALLY do. I am thinking King Bumi would look like an amateur compared to her. Razz

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Sato was involved. I am not sure if that's his first name or his last name. Either way I am thinking both him and his daughter are probably equalists. What a better way to distance yourself from the very idea then to have your daughter date a pro bender and you sponsoring a pro bending team?

Well ok maybe the daughter isn't in on it.

Can't wait for more. Very Happy

Legend of Korra 250px-Wolfbat

Apparently that's a Wolfbat. I think we saw them in the episode Cave of Two Lovers. But I actually don't remember them. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 14, 2012 2:46 am

Indeed. It's really fun to see the different reincarnations. I really hope Bei Fong and Korra become friends(and that Bei Fond visists her at the monastery. That would be hilarious).

Yeah I prefered earth rumble but pro bending was fun as well

Agreed. I wonder if it's works with cunks of ice in it. Althougn I imagine you have to be quite good to ice only small parts of the water

Hey you never know. Bumi may still be around(no seriously. I think there was an Avatar that grew to be near 300 hundred so he could theoretically still be alive)

It would be an interesting twist if the daughter was actually the one running the show. Just bumping into someone close to the Avatar. Being close enough to her father empire to benefit from all of it without anyone suspecting here? Could work

Holy crap here they are! I gotta see this again
Indeed. Pabu is the man!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next