Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of Korra

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Legend of Korra - Page 2 Empty Re: Legend of Korra

Post by Unit7 Sat May 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Did you see this episode? Wow. This episode was just amazing.

First off. I love that they managed to find a way to include the Cabageman... well his son or whatever. But still that was hillarious. Of course who wouldn't be surprised if he had harbored anti bending thoughts? I mean his father or grandfather was always having his cabage cart destroyed by benders(for some reason I almost said by cabages.)

Also the Sato test track. For some reason I thought of NASCAR. Never was a fan... but still I just couldn't help think 'And this is how the Avatar universe got it's NASCAR'

Well it was no big surprise that Sato was in league with the Equalists. Was happy to see that the daughter wasn't for some reason. But wow. When I first saw the giant robot thing I was like a little kid on Christmas... They got mechs!! Holy crap. Awesome. Very Happy

Seeing Tenzin actually fight was also a nice bonus. I'd love to see what he could do in the open though. That guy would be all sorts of badass.

Of course then there is BeiFong... wow. I loved that she used her Earthbending Radar thing. I actually don't know what you'd call it. When I first saw her I figured she was strictly by the books kind of character. So hearing her say she'd fight Amon outside the Law was both exciting and seemed a bit off. But still... vigilante BeiFong. Should be fun to see. Assuming she does resign and all.

Great episode. Really great episode. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun May 20, 2012 8:42 am

Sure did and damn that was awesome

It's so great to see the tradition being continued Smile
Legend of Korra - Page 2 Tumblr_m4avieEDR21r4i9reo1_r1_500

Lol knows. Maybe his grandfather started his business with the reparation money all the main heroes gave him Wink

That was that race with normal cars right?

Especially if he doesn't have to watch out for others. I bet he could release some badass tornadoe

I am not still not sure about the daughter. I get a trojan vibe from her. And yes so awesome about the mechs. Although they are still no match for Bei Wolverine Fong!

Tell me about it. You have no idea how excited I am to see Bei Fong going rogue. Man what a week. First the insane Revenge cliffhanger that has me jonzing for next week and now this!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:59 pm

I... I think I need to see this episode a few hundred more times.

I mean... wow!
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:54 am

You know I have so very much to say but I am too lazy so I will leave this brilliant preview for the next episode instead

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Oh poor Lin. Sad

Meelo is such an awesome character though.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:18 pm

TASTE MY FURY!!!!!!!!!!!
Legend of Korra - Page 2 Tumblr_m5q4y963KG1qj4buio2_250

Legend of Korra - Page 2 Tumblr_m5q4y963KG1qj4buio5_r1_250
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Wow. Just wow.

To quote Meelo.

"That lady is my hero"

God I have so much to say about these past few episodes. Not sure why I haven't written anything yet for them.

What I really love about this show is that each episode just feels epic. Sure the flashlights and some of the other stuff is a tad jarring at first. I mean some of it just seems so out of place compared to the first series.

They make every episode awesome.

Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo are seriously badass.But then again they are Aang's grand children... could anyone expect less?

I also really love the Equalists.

Oh and poor Asami... Sad

Oh and Lin... omg. Sad

Going to write a whole bunch more later... as in actually write something. Razz

EDIT:

Oh yeah. General Iroh. Hell yeah. Gotta feel bad for him thought I mean... he gots some big shoes to fill. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:31 pm

The season finale was pretty epic... up until the end.

First off. Mako really pissed me off. Has been for awhile and I get that him and Korra were most likely going to end up together in the end but the way he was treating Asami was just horrible for the past few episodes or so.

General Iroh was a pretty bad ass character. What with learning to fly a plane right away... having a bomb blow up in his face and come out of it with only a minor burn. Though it was weird hearing Zuko at first. I kept thinking 'Wait where is Zuko?!"

Also before the finale where Amon pretty much shrugged off Tarlok's blood bending was just an epic scene. Actually the fight between Korra and Tarlok when we first learn he is a blood bender was great. Also the whole Yakone flashbacks... some fan had a theory that was almost spot on. Only difference is that I think they thought other people were helping him get away during the trial. The fact that he could do that all by himself with very little movement... damn.

Asami fighting her father was also a great scene.

I actually didn't see Amon and Tarlock being brothers coming. But it does explain how he could so easily shrugg off blood bending. I really enjoyed the flashback to his childhood with his father. In a way I was sorta disappointed that Amon ended up being a Bender... but considering he is the second most powerful bender in the world. I realize that it was for the best.

I mean so far the only person who could stand a chance against Amon is Korra and only if she were in the Avatar State. His back story and him being a Bender gave him insight into just how powerful benders were and how dangerous one could become. Now maybe he was just trying to take over the world... but from everything it genuinely seems like he wanted to level the playing field for everyone. This is what I think anyways.

I am sorta disappointed that Korra never went into the Avatar State and destroyed a large portion of Republic City. If this storyline had gone on longer it would have been a nice rally cry for Amon and against Korra.

Also... I felt really bad for those animals during Amon's backstory... Sad

I was surprised that Amon actually did take Korra's bending away and thus I was really disappointed. While I understand that at the time Korra was created it was only meant for 1 season and they wanted to end it with all loose ends tied up.

But... I was on ZU and we were discussing the finale and someone brought up the idea that Korra pretty much needed to be the Avatar to feel special and strong. Then someone or maybe the same person brought up how badly they treated Bolin for even suggesting that "At least you unlocked your air bending..."

This is why I wished they hadn't given Korra her bending back even if this was the final episode of the series. On one hand it makes for a great sacrifice and a bitter sweet ending... another is just in case there is another season they could focus on Korra coming to terms and maybe trying to find a way to reverse it and going on some spiritual journey. Where she'd end up feeling special and all that with or without her bending abilities.

So... this is pretty much where I think that when Aang used Energy Bending to reverse the Amon's blood bending it was actually like... much much longer spiritually then it was in real time. You know?

There was another thing that bothered me about the ending.

Amon. It felt like the second he was discovered to be a bender... and that he lied about his past... he just went all "Oh well... hey brother you wanna go boating?"

Though his death was just... amazing. Mostly because I would never have thought of seeing something like that on a saturday morning cartoon show. I liked the idea of Tarlok redeeming himself by destroying the secrets of Blood Bending and to prevent Amon from returning to Republic city.

But I just thought of something... could Amon have blood bended Tarlok into destroying the boat? hmm... nah.

There is another thing that disappointed me with the series so far. We never really did see every day benders abuse their power or showed how unfair it was to nonbenders. A couple more episodes where Korra dealt with some of the Triads would have been nice... but then again. The Police did a spectacular job of showing how benders could abuse their abilities.

So...

Korra on the cliff.

Suicide or just trying to be alone?

This was another debate on ZU. Whether or not Korra was thinking about ending her life. My first thought was that she wanted to jump and die. It was subtle and it would have to be. I guess when Korra standing close to the edge and then her tear falling down the cliff... It all just sorta pointed in that direction.

On the other hand she may have just wanted to jump off like she had a thousand times, used water bending to create that tower of water thing and do whatever and then realizing she can't she steps back and falls to the ground weeping after realizing she will never beable to do that again.

But considering what Aang said about her being at her lowest point... I'm going with option 1. But who knows.

Great finale.... but the ending was lacking and they really did miss out on a great storyline... which could have made Korra an even better character. For starters would would make her character stronger if she learned she doesn't need her bending to be special or worthy of love.

Overall the series was amazing and I really wouldn't change much... except maybe add a few filler episodes to flesh out some of the characters more.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2