Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn The Doctor Who finale ...spoilers

2 posters

Go down

Damn The Doctor Who finale ...spoilers Empty Damn The Doctor Who finale ...spoilers

Post by Rex Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:07 pm

SUCKED

Dear god I don't think I have ever seen something suck so badly in a while. Screw Moffat. Seriously while I was never a big fan of the 11th era at least it was decent and good fun but this? Screw this. I say scrap this entire era and make the next season about the Doctor and Rose's adventures in the pararell universe. That's the only way to make up for the sheer horriblness of this finale
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Damn The Doctor Who finale ...spoilers Empty Re: Damn The Doctor Who finale ...spoilers

Post by Unit7 Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:22 pm

I have yet to see it, hell how have you seen it, but how could it be that horrible? I mean I expect the Doctor to pull off some paradox, should be universe imploding thingy and come back. Or maybe something else intervenes.

But how on earth could it be that horrible?
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Damn The Doctor Who finale ...spoilers Empty Re: Damn The Doctor Who finale ...spoilers

Post by Rex Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Damn. I was hoping I wouldn't spoil it for you even went back and change my title just in case.

You should it see it first so you don't subconsciously influenced by my rants(I have some Silence dna in me so it's a possibility) but I don't know I was just hugely dissapointed
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Rex wrote:Damn. I was hoping I wouldn't spoil it for you even went back and change my title just in case.

You should it see it first so you don't subconsciously influenced by my rants(I have some Silence dna in me so it's a possibility) but I don't know I was just hugely dissapointed

Well I was just going to skip over it. But I dont think I have ever heard anyone go on such a rant about Doctor Who before. So I was a bit curious and peaked. I mean I have heard plenty of how alot of the episodes towards the middle of the Tennant era sucked, but not enough to induce such... hostilities. Razz

Hmm so far I have really enjoyed both 11 and this season. However I think reading this may influence how I see the episode. Me and spoilers!! Even though its not really spoilerish.

Though I think i read somewhere as to how his death is somehow avoided or something. But im not going to believe it until I see it. Though it should be good. I mean as far as I know the Doctor was only partially able to change a fix point in time... in which case one of the people he saved just killed herself to try and correct it.

oh well. I should have some fun with this episode. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Aww shucks sorry. I just kinda had to vent. But on the bright side a lot of people did seem to enjoy although a lot of them are Moffat fanboys who I can't help but poke with a stick ....Anyway back to my thoughts.

I hope you do enjoy it. Meanwhile I am hoping the Christmas Special will be as great as the one with the flying shark
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Omg. I hit backspace and it didnt save what i had written.

I had written a giant post too.

To annoyed to retype it all just now. So heres the basics.

1) I enjoyed it

2) It must have sucked for Rose/Doctor Fans

3) Some big plot holes dealing with touching.

4) The Question. I couldnt seem to find any other question that seems to fit. Not sure why it means the Doctor has to die. But I suppose it goes back to the idea of who is the Doctor? Is he a good guy or a bad guy? Savior of the Universe or the Destroyer. But how that fits I really dont know. Oh and I had written about the first use of the phrase Doctor Who and that Alphie, former Stormageddon dark ruler over all, first words were Doctor Who.

5) It was bizzare and it was a weird episode. Good to see familiar faces again. Such as Charles Dickens and of course Winston Churchill.

6) I enjoyed the ending and how he avoided the fixed point in time.

7) Good to see Amy is able to spend time with River after the events of this. Before it was just as best friends, then it was just aquaintinces(sp dont care) and now as a Mother Daughter type thing... sorta. I mean. She is River afterall. Oh and the expression when Amy realized she was the Doctor's Mother in law was priceless. Smile

Cool I felt like the begining could have had their own episodes. It felt rushed and its a shame that the Daleks got a new look early in Moffat's era and yet to really show up. Good to see Cybermen had some sort of plot and not an appearance showing off what the Doctor is capable of.

9)I actually thik I covered everything. Oh one theory on the question.
Sometime in the distant future... as in distant distant future, the Doctor is going to be well known. Hell th escene at the top of the Pyramid proves this. However at that distant point in the future, when its asked 'Doctor Who?' it means that... he is not known at all. Which explains his need to be dead and or stay in the shadows.

More i think about it the more it makes sense oddly. Right now the Doctor is going to keep to the shadows to the point where people are not going to necessarily know him the way they do now.

The reason this question is feared is because it means the Doctor has returned. Because of what the Doctor is capable of doing, not just when he is forced to like at Pompeii, Time Lords/Daleks. But also when he is angry or is out for blood(such as the Cybermen, Family of Blood) and such.

So up until that point no one really knows of the Doctor... and when its finally asked. it will be clear that the Doctor did not infact die. That he has always been there.

or something.

I think it makes sense. My guess is that during this time period the Silence have some sinister plans going on. they fear what the Doctor might do so they tried to create a fixed point in time and end his life. So they can do whatever it is they want to do.

They want to prevent that question because...

or wait. No that doesnt.

One more thing.

I expressed my thoughts that Moffat has just put one of the biggest mind fucks with this ending.

So yeah. Thats it in a nutshell. Now imagine what my original post was like. Wink

Might go back and edit/elaborate on things. Or you can just I dunno post and point out things and I'll expain or try and prove you wrong in why this didnt suck.

But I do agree however its definitely not one everyones going to like.

But thats ok.

Because... well I dont know.

On a side note. I always pictured the Doctor in the parrallel universe as a writer. I am not sure if its because it was mentioned or if its because I like to write.

But it makes sense. That or become a scientist. Because despite not having his regen abilities, he still contains all the knowledge the Doctor had before that incident. Which is still roughly 900 years of age + traveling through time.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:48 am

Unit7 wrote:Omg. I hit backspace and it didnt save what i had written.

I had written a giant post too.

Yeah this happens to me as well sometimes. It's really really annoying

To annoyed to retype it all just now. So heres the basics.

1) I enjoyed it
I am glad to hear that. Don't want my negativity to be contagious

2) It must have sucked for Rose/Doctor Fans
Really? I didn't really see it. But then again I never really felt much chemistry between River and the Doctor. To me they never seemed capable of bringing it up a notch from flirting

3) Some big plot holes dealing with touching.

I am more annoyed about the lack of pretty much any answers. They could have easily tied up the storylines and dealed with the Silence, why they want the name, how the Silence species and exist and everything . The seeds for this have been spread all over the last few seasons and evne in Torchwood but instead they went the Lost route. I really don't like this. Also the forced moments like the Doctor dealing with a Dalek, The Silence stopping and chatting about Rory were way too mishandled and were fanservice so blunt they rivaled Highschool of the Dead. Which I don't mind that much but here it seemed way too forced

4) The Question. I couldnt seem to find any other question that seems to fit. Not sure why it means the Doctor has to die. But I suppose it goes back to the idea of who is the Doctor? Is he a good guy or a bad guy? Savior of the Universe or the Destroyer. But how that fits I really dont know. Oh and I had written about the first use of the phrase Doctor Who and that Alphie, former Stormageddon dark ruler over all, first words were Doctor Who.
Yeah that's one of the things that annoyed me. It just seemed like a way procrastination.

5) It was bizzare and it was a weird episode. Good to see familiar faces again. Such as Charles Dickens and of course Winston Churchill.
True . Always glad to see old face

6) I enjoyed the ending and how he avoided the fixed point in time.
I was kinda hoping for a more creative solution. This seemed like the most obvious one(wel this and the Doctor duplicate)

7) Good to see Amy is able to spend time with River after the events of this. Before it was just as best friends, then it was just aquaintinces(sp dont care) and now as a Mother Daughter type thing... sorta. I mean. She is River afterall. Oh and the expression when Amy realized she was the Doctor's Mother in law was priceless. Smile
Lol Amy has become the new Jackie Smile

Cool I felt like the begining could have had their own episodes. It felt rushed and its a shame that the Daleks got a new look early in Moffat's era and yet to really show up. Good to see Cybermen had some sort of plot and not an appearance showing off what the Doctor is capable of.

Yeah I wish this had been a two hour special. Then it might have worked better even without giving answers

9)I actually thik I covered everything. Oh one theory on the question.
Sometime in the distant future... as in distant distant future, the Doctor is going to be well known. Hell th escene at the top of the Pyramid proves this. However at that distant point in the future, when its asked 'Doctor Who?' it means that... he is not known at all. Which explains his need to be dead and or stay in the shadows.........
I think the problem is that he is already well known. I think the problem with Doctor Who and his name and that as we established with the Kaorinites(sp?) there is a great power in the true name of someone and this I imagine could have some big consequences. But then again who knows. I guess we will have to wait and see

[quote[
So yeah. Thats it in a nutshell. Now imagine what my original post was like. Wink[/quote]
Lol I can imagine it very well Smile

Because... well I dont know.
Because it's Doctor Who of course Smile It's never ending and addictive Smile

On a side note. I always pictured the Doctor in the parrallel universe as a writer. I am not sure if its because it was mentioned or if its because I like to write.

But it makes sense. That or become a scientist. Because despite not having his regen abilities, he still contains all the knowledge the Doctor had before that incident. Which is still roughly 900 years of age + traveling through time
Could be. If his TARDIS is still growing he has to kill time in some way and I doubt he would enjoy working for someone like Torchwood very mcuh Smile

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down