Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trick 'r Treat - A Great Horror/Halloween Movie

3 posters

Go down

Trick 'r Treat -  A Great Horror/Halloween Movie Empty Trick 'r Treat - A Great Horror/Halloween Movie

Post by Unit7 Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:41 pm

As I was looking for a movie to watch and I looked in my favorites to see all the movies I have bookmarked. Most of them I am sure are crap which is why I never watched them. But today I saw Trick 'r Treat and I thought 'Why not?'

This movie is fantastic and genuinly creepy as hell and has some great humor in it. Also you get this creepy child in a scarecrow costume that just sorta stands silently. You see him in several scenes. The movie follows four different people, or group of people, on the night of Halloween and all seem to interconnect at some point or another.

The movie starts with a couple coming home from some party and the wife, or the girlfriend, isnt exactly happy about Halloween and tries to get her husband/boyfriend to take down his halloween decorations... this story is pretty much over fairly quickly.

You then have the principal of a local elementry school teacher who catches a student of his stealing candy and smashing pumpkins... to elaborate as to how this one plays out gives some major spoilers. Lets just say the actor was brilliant and creepy.

Then there are these 3 children going around trick or Treating and collecting pumpkins along the way. We arn't told why they are doing this but eventually pick up a fourth kid along the way. They go to this rock quarry and this girl, who played uh the sister in Dead Like Me, tells this creepy story how eight children on a school bus died. Oh and the actor who played Josh from Kyle XY was there.

This little storyline was also pretty great. Though I am not exactly clear on part of the story the girl tells.

Then there are the Sorority girls... hot. Well its never actually made clear as to how they know eachother I dont think other then friends. In this story we get the amazing Anna Paquin as the 'main character' At first I didnt recognize her. But when I heard her voice I was like "wait who is she?' I think its because shes a brunette in this and other then X-Men I have only really seen her as a blonde.

Her friends tease her about being a virgin and her big sister tries to give her advice and tells her 'Just be yourself' She ends up wandering around the parade a bit and notices how many other people are hooked up at the moment...

Spoiler:

She doesnt have a big big role in this, but shes great.

The last story, and one that takes earlier in the storyline. Its about this old man who uses his dog to scare away potential trick or treaters and steals their dropped candy. A bit later we witness a scene we had already seen from a different perspective which is kinda cool.

He is also the only character... well the only one we see, being attacked by the child in the scarecrow costume. This ends up being both very creepy and hillarious. Not to many spoilers. Because this movie you really should see for yourself.

Oh yeah and you see this Vampire guy running around killing some chick. At first when he drops the body off right in front of everyone I was like "really?" It didnt seem believable... but it did sorta look like she was costumed as a bloody mess and sorta just passed out. Ah halloween. The one time of the year you see zombies and dont think "Shit wheres my shotgun!"(well not sure how that relates but still...)

The ending is fantastic as all the stories sorta converge onto one in very subtle ways.

Great movie. Not the scariest horror, but its a great halloween movie with some great creepy stuff.

OH and I actually love that while there is some gore in it, it doesnt rely on it. It relies on what you dont see. Which is a change.

Oh and Anna Paquin is hot as Red Riding Hood...

Definitely worth a watch. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Trick 'r Treat -  A Great Horror/Halloween Movie Empty Re: Trick 'r Treat - A Great Horror/Halloween Movie

Post by Rex Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:55 pm

I remember this movie! I downloaded it, burn it on a DVD and then 15 minutes into it the DVD got screwed;( I really got to watch it again. Thanks for the reminder!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Trick 'r Treat -  A Great Horror/Halloween Movie Empty Re: Trick 'r Treat - A Great Horror/Halloween Movie

Post by Unit7 Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Rex wrote:I remember this movie! I downloaded it, burn it on a DVD and then 15 minutes into it the DVD got screwed;( I really got to watch it again. Thanks for the reminder!

Oh wow that really sucks. Its a movie I really enjoyed and am really dissapointed I hadnt seen it earlier. When i first read some synopsis of it I wasn't to impressed so I just bookmarked it for later.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Cool, it's on Netflix. Now I have something to watch tonight...since I'm currently without cable. I've been bummed because I'm missing all the Halloween stuff on TV haha

xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:25 am

Sweet. I was planing on watching it tomorrow(still haven't caught up on my Monday shows and I went to see the Three Musketeers. Great movie gotta do a review soon) Then maybe we can have a three way.

I mean a three way discussion people. Get your minds out of the gutter
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down