Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are children today much happier

+3
Rex
scifidawn
vovoin
7 posters

Go down

Are children today much happier Empty Are children today much happier

Post by vovoin Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:50 pm

Do you believe that with the development of our society and economy, UGG Bailey Button Triplet
UGG Bailey Button Triplet Bootchildren who now enjoy better material support are much happier than those in the past? Do you believe they are much luckier to live in the modern life with higher civilization? Here, I feel like listing some of my personal opinions about this long debated topic.
As a matter of fact, I personally don't think that they are happier or luckier. It seems UGG Fox Fur
UGG Fox Fur Bootto me that nowadays children face more pressure from the outside world: their parents want to get all the best things for them, and they hope their children are the best or will do best in the future. Hence disregard their true need, they arrange everything from huge amounts of books to read, piano training
UGG Knightsbridge
UGG Knightsbridge Boot
for several hours to shorter hours of outside playing with their buddies etc. Generally, their parents become over-control over them, and this might lead to their loss of identity or even make them become to rebel for everything you ordered. Gradually, the serious generation gap would appear, for they would not like to talk with their parents who act as if they are the boss or superior leaders. What they need is instead parents who treat them like friends.
And I don't think they are luckier in today's life. You know, it is true that the development of technology brings lots of convenience to our society, but take Internet as an example, I could sense that most children are over-exposed to the adult society with the help of Internet.UGG Raya
UGG Raya Boot They could access easily to everything like terrorism, horror, sex, crime, drug or something else that they should know later. They become more like an adult at an earlier age, that is quite sad, for they can't enjoy too much of childhood life!

vovoin

Back to top Go down

Are children today much happier Empty Re: Are children today much happier

Post by scifidawn Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:02 pm

I think children were happier when there was less pressure on them and when they played outdoors more. They learned social skills and to have compassion for each other. Yes, there are more technical advancements now, and more THINGS, but there is less human interaction.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Wow a bot starting a discussion that's interesting.

Anyway as for the topic I would say yes. Of course there always unhappy and happy children. Technology doesn't change this. However children now have more opportunities. Before they were trapped in their community. It told them what to believe, how to behave everything. Even if you rebelled you didn't have much going for you. But now with the internet? Anybody can find their own little corner

So while the duality between happiness and unhappiness remains the same those who are unhappy have much more opportunities nowadays
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:35 pm

The internet is great to get exposure to other cultures and ways of life, but too much of it has a negative effect. I think the internet causes more harm than good in a lot of cases. Sure, unhappy children can find their own little place, but why are they unhappy to begin with? A lot of time they're social outcasts of some sort, hard time making friends, don't really fit in in the real world. But on the internet they can be whoever they want. With all of the social sites, instant messengers, etc., kids are losing the ability to communicate with one another in person, making it even more difficult to fit in.

I also agree with Mr Bot here, there is way too much pressure being put on children. Why are they even given the opportunity to take all these crazy difficult college classes in high school? What the hell is the rush? Let kids be kids while they still have the chance.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Good point. Trading temporary hapiness for long term unhappiness. But then again wasn't this done before as well? Kids who were unhappy still shutting themselves inside by plunging into books or...well whatever else you could obsess with and be by yourself before the internet.

I actually think this is good. Pretty much like what 75-80 of what we learn in high school is pretty much useless. If they offer them college classes which can not only actually teach them something they can use but give them college credit as well sounds sweet. I would have loved such thing in my high school. I spend almost the entire 11th and 12th grade utterly bored. I didn't even bother buying textbooks cause everything was so easy. I would have loved a real challenge
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:56 am

Not-so-sumbliminal subliminal messages. Meh.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Today faith and values have been replaced by hollow entertainment. This is all the answer you need

Theodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:10 pm

vovoin wrote: What they need is instead parents who treat them like friends.
--
Soap
Soap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down