Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartacus Vengeance

2 posters

Go down

Spartacus Vengeance Empty Spartacus Vengeance

Post by Unit7 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:35 am

I would like to start this off with saying RIP Andy Whitfield. You were an amazing actor. Smile

I have been waiting for this since... well pretty much my first time finishing Blood and Sand . I remember not being entirely sure on the series, but now I have seen both B&S and Gods of the Arena a few times. This show is just amazing. If you can look past the obscene amounts of blood, nudity, sex, foul language... and some awkward dialogue... you get one hell of a story.

Spartacus Vengeance picks up a few weeks or so after the fall of House Batiatus with Spartacus and Crixus leading their own groups and are constantly at odds with each other. The only thing keeping the delicate peace is the mutual respect and rocky friendship the two have formed over the course of Blood and Sand.

The very first scene was just amazing. Now I have to admit I am trying to keep an open mind about Liam McIntyre, who replaced Andy Whitfield. But its a tough transistion. So i was a bit distracted by him. They actually look similar, sorta a younger Andy. But still it was distracting... that is until he was being a complete bad ass. Also on a side note... I am happy that he still uses two swords at least on occassion.

Now I am not certain of the names of the Brother and Sister. At the very begining it mentions that hte Brother has dispatched mercenaries to put an end to Spartacus. Well the first time you see him and his sister are attending a gladiator games and the sister seems to enjoy the loss of the 8 men her brother has lost.

I think they were become the new Batiatus and Lucretia. Trying to move themselves up in the world. But then I guess this is just hopeful thinking. Because it would seem odd not to have this. Because part of the fun was the political plots and schemes.

Speaking of Lucretia(sp?) she is just bat shit insane at the moment. Its weird seeing someone like her to become a shadow of her formerself. But yet... it is really satisfying. I am looking forward to the time when she becomes more mentally stable and reveal Ilithyia's role in the massacre. Which by the way seeing her forced to live in the old Batiatus Villa is so satisfying.

Oenamaus... its just tragic to see him like this. A once strong and proud and fierce man now broken after learning the truth about his life and who his master truly was. But he is still a bad ass. Sure those men he took down were nothing more then common thugs hoping to get rich. But he reminded us that you just don't fuck with him.

The fight at the assembly where Glabor was giving his speech and Aurellia(sp?) haven taken prisoner was just an amazing scene. Sure Spartacus was an idiot for thinking he could actually pull it off alone. But it was just fun watching him move through the crowd and to strike out. Oh if that stunt doesn't undo the hope the living Lucretia gave them, I am not sure what would. Sure she may have been spared by the Gods, but the Gods also don't seem to care that Spartacus can get that close. Razz

Now what really had me wanting more was Spartacus's speech at the end and how they will free every slave along their path to build an army to face Rome.

This season is going to be amazing.

Also sorry for the sucky review. Just a bit too excited. Very Happy

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Spartacus Vengeance Empty Re: Spartacus Vengeance

Post by Rex Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:41 am

Agreed. It's a pretty good series.

I am especially excited to see if Gannicus will return this season or if they will wait for his comeback in the next one

But I am most excited by Lucretia . Not only did she lose her husband,lover and child but on top of that she is now officially seen blessed by the gods and a symbol of Rome. Not to mention has this juicy little secret. So not only is she more dangerous then ever but she has the potential to be more powerful then ever

Agreed about Oenamaus. I wonder if this is how they will bring back Gannicus. They were like brothers so maybe he will bring back from this despair
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:05 am

Rex wrote:Agreed. It's a pretty good series.

I am especially excited to see if Gannicus will return this season or if they will wait for his comeback in the next one

But I am most excited by Lucretia . Not only did she lose her husband,lover and child but on top of that she is now officially seen blessed by the gods and a symbol of Rome. Not to mention has this juicy little secret. So not only is she more dangerous then ever but she has the potential to be more powerful then ever

Agreed about Oenamaus. I wonder if this is how they will bring back Gannicus. They were like brothers so maybe he will bring back from this despair

Sorry I meant to reply to this much sooner and all of a sudden a week flew by.

At first I didn't really like Gannicus, but he seems to have grown on me. I am hoping he makes a return. Actually it be fun to see the 4 Champions of House Batiatus in the same room. But I definitely think it be great to see Gannicus pull Oenamaus to his feet.

Also from a historical stand point it make sense to bring back Gannicus. He was one of the leaders in the Slave Rebellion. Though not entirely sure how accurate the story is going to try and be.

You are right. Lucretia is probably one of the most dangerous people at the moment. Probably only second to Spartacus. She has so many secrets to share that could really shake up the city and perhaps even the rest of the empire. The only problem is she doesn't realize she has such power.

Because she is blessed by the gods its unlikely that anyone would try and kill her. With Spartacus's campaign against Rome growing stronger and bolder the more the people will want some proof that the Gods haven't abandoned them. To kill or discredit Lucretia would be a bad move. Surely her death would be the sign that the Gods have given up on them all! d

I can't wait for the moment where she actually realizes how much power she has. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:30 am

It took me a moment to realize what I was seeing at the start of the episode. Then it just sorta dawned on me that it was Onemaus.

I really enjoyed his flashbacks as a youth fighting in the pits and discovering what he wants to fight for. Also it was great to see Titus Batiatus and a teenage Quintus Batiatus. Speaking of the pits I never made that connection until this episode. Batiatus mentions that Oenamaus didn't have a mother/father he was bleched out of the underworld. It was sometime later that we actually 'see' the underworld. I never saw that connection.

But this episode really did a great job of showing exactly why he is so broken and wishes to die. Of all the slave masters we have seen throughout the series he is the only one that seems to care about his gladiators. When he says a man can become a god in the arena he seems to actually mean it. When his son says them I never got the impression he meant it. He just saw money and the power a good gladiator could get him.

With the cloaked men I was half hoping it was Gannicus. In fact I hadn't expected Ashur at all. Though earlier in the episode I realized we haven't seen him yet. I am hoping Gannicus rescues Oenamaus.

Now back to Spartacus.

Was it me or was just about every fight between Spartacus's men and the romans over use slow motion? I know they have used it often enough, but it seems like they are over doing it.

Also I feel sorry for Mira. While I have no doubt Spartacus cares about her, it also just seems its more one sided. It was interesting to see that the slave girl pointed out that Mira was doing pretty much the same thing as she was.

As for Tiberius... can't remember his real name... I am not sure if I trust him. I mean his reasons for preventing the scouts from leaving make sense. If the scout had noticed the collar it be bad news.

Also is it justme or does he look like a younger Barka?

And now to Lucretia.

Now not only is she blessed by the gods, she is a prophet. Wow. Someone is going to regret giving Lucretia such power.

I am starting to question whether or not she is faking it. When it was revealed that it was Ashur who caught Oenameus they shared a look that seemed like they are up to something.

I loved this episode.

Though again a bit to much slow motion.

Well at least they put everyone in slow motion. In one of my favorite scenes in Blood and Sand Spartacus fights Glaber's men to prove his legend. During the slow motion parts Spartacus is the only one in slow motion. It will show him in slow mo, and then cut to Glaber or Batiatus and they are at you know regular speed and it will cut back to a spartacus still in slow motion. Wow I used that term a lot. But it was always very annoying when I noticed it. Well to me they all looked like they weren't in slow motion.

I can't wait until the next episode. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Holy crap now I see it as well. And yeah it was great to see his backstory(even if it has nothing to do with historical accuracy ) and I agree. It was a great insight into his character. I can't wait to see him discovering his new cause

Me too. This took me very much by surprise but I loved the twist

Yeah they seem to be overdoing it again. I think they overdose at the first season then tone it down later as far as I can remember so hopefully this too shall pass

And yeah poor Mira. I think deep she knows she will never be able to replace his wife and this kills her

Now that you mention he does..Huh

Oh yeah did you miss the part where he gave her a note in the market? They are in kahoots together and I love it. Lucretia is going to come back with a real vengeance

Me too. I can't wait to see what they will think off next
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Rex wrote:Holy crap now I see it as well. And yeah it was great to see his backstory(even if it has nothing to do with historical accuracy ) and I agree. It was a great insight into his character. I can't wait to see him discovering his new cause

Well I don't even think Oenamaus was black to begin with. At least from what I remember reading. But I wonder just how much information about these men there actually is. Names and where they come from sure. But most of them probably don't have that much on them. In fact in some accounts its believed that Sora was indeed a seer, but also lived at the lodus with Spartacus. Or maybe she didn't. But historical accuracy aside, it was fun.

Yeah they seem to be overdoing it again. I think they overdose at the first season then tone it down later as far as I can remember so hopefully this too shall pass

Same. Slow motion can be fun but when you over use it the technique just becomes annoying and loses any impact.

And yeah poor Mira. I think deep she knows she will never be able to replace his wife and this kills her

What makes it worse is that Spartacus's whole reason for fighting against the Empire largely has to do with his wife.

Now that you mention he does..Huh

Oh good I wasn't the only one. Razz

Oh yeah did you miss the part where he gave her a note in the market? They are in kahoots together and I love it. Lucretia is going to come back with a real vengeance

Oh I must have missed that. Whatever they are up to it should be fun to watch unfold.

Me too. I can't wait to see what they will think off next

See this is why I need a TARDIS. It be so much simpler to go into the future and watch next weeks episode. This is truly why the Doctor is lucky. Once he finds a show he likes he doesn't have to wait for the next episode or for a stupid ass hiatus.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:16 am

Tonights episode was awesome. Pure and simple.

I always wondered if Oenamaous would ever learn of Gannicus and his wife and how she died. I was happy to see the events of Gods of the Arena come back and play a role in the series.

Seeing the Mines was also an interesting thing. We have always heard about the mines. It's often said in passing and used as a threat so it was great just seeing them. I have to admit its one hell of a threat. Most of those slaves are nothing more then zombies walking from point A to point B.

Ashur. Fucking Ashur. As much as I hate the bastard, I also just really love his character. Seeing him snap at Lucretia about how she has diminished his role in all of this was just great. All the guy has ever wanted was some respect and to know that he isn't just some scumbag. Even if that is exactly what he is.

Seeing Crixus after being lied to about Naevia fate(wow I thought that was spelled with an R lol) was sad. I almost thought he would abandon Spartacus for a time. Good to see that he didn't though. Also looks like Spartacus will have to rescue him and probably find Oenamaus aswell.

Speaking of Oenomaus. Damn can he take a beating. Ashur was right though, physical pain alone wouldn't break him. Its funny how Gannicus, Spartacus, Crixus and Oenomaus all seem to have suffered because they ended up loving someone. That and I just realized their names all end in US. Sorta reminds me of how similar Ilithyia's friends all share very very similar names in Season 1.

You know I half expected that Gladiator that was winning in the arena at the end of the episode to be Gannicus. Mostly because it seemed odd how often they switched back and forth. But maybe it wasn't all that odd.

Great episode all around.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:51 pm

That.... was... .AWESOME. This last episode was perhaps one of the best in the entire series.

First off Gannicus makes a return. Again I have never liked Gannicus all that much, but I think I was being biased because Oenamaus has been a great character and so seeing the events of Gods of the Arena sorta... well I think I wasn't giving him a fair chance. But yeah I was just giddy with joy when I heard whatshisromanface announce the only man to have won his freedom in this arena was once again stepping onto the stands.

As for the Glaber and Illithyia(sp) storyline... well this has also been rather fun to watch. You know half the time I am actually starting to feel sorry for Glaber. I mean... wow. But then he does something or I am reminded of what he has done and then I am all 'DIE YOU BASTARD!' You know he is a pretty good actor aswell.

But the scenes in the Arena was just.... oh there was just a certain satisfaction. I want to say more but... its just something you gotta see for yourself.

Damn this episode was amazing. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 am

Wow I completely and utterly agree with everything you said. It is shaping up to be a great season. Spartacus, Crixus and Oenomaus all did a very strong showing .

Also I must say I can't wait to see Lucrecia's end game. She is such a great bitch and Asher is as always a great weasel. I really hope she screws the blonde bitch badly. I really really hate her. Kinda loved how dude who's name I can't remember killed her father and destroyed all her divorce/abortion plans

Ditto. I also expected this gladiator to turn out to be Gannicus but I am glad he wasn't. I really loved the way they showed Gannicus. He didn't have a happy ending. If anything now that he is free he seems worst off then before. A sad and lonely man compared to the man who was always laughing and celebrating with his brothers before. I also wonder if he made his come back for the sole reason of giving Oenamaus an honorable death

I really can't wait till next week
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Rex wrote:Wow I completely and utterly agree with everything you said. It is shaping up to be a great season. Spartacus, Crixus and Oenomaus all did a very strong showing .

Also I must say I can't wait to see Lucrecia's end game. She is such a great bitch and Asher is as always a great weasel. I really hope she screws the blonde bitch badly. I really really hate her. Kinda loved how dude who's name I can't remember killed her father and destroyed all her divorce/abortion plans

Oh Lucrecia's end game should be fun. And Ashur was also great in this episode. I just love to hate this guy. The way he turned on Lucrecia was great. He is the type of guy who at the end of the day belongs to know one and yet quite a few people just see him as a pawn in their games.

Glaber? The very ending where he tells her about her father's death was just a brilliant scene. I almost felt sorry for the her. lol

I really loved the way they showed Gannicus. He didn't have a happy ending. If anything now that he is free he seems worst off then before. A sad and lonely man compared to the man who was always laughing and celebrating with his brothers before. I also wonder if he made his come back for the sole reason of giving Oenamaus an honorable death

At first I thought Spartacus had found Gannicus prior to the match and asked for his help. But I guess that would have been far to easy. Like Oenamaus, he does seem very broken. It would make sense for that to be the reason. In fact it seems like the only one. After Gods of the Arena it felt like he'd never return. But then I guess him roaming around as a free man may have changed that. Not sure how true it is, but apparently criminals who have been in prison so long that when they get out, they want to return because its all they know.

You know I was expecting a blood bath at the arena. Part of me thought they would hide in the crowed somehow. I mean I was excited to see what Sparticus had in mind. But I did not expect that. Hell even when I realized that he planned to burn the arena... I still wasn't expecting that.

It was both exciting and just terrifying watching the arena crumble and seeing all those romans fall into the fire. It was just an awesome scene.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:06 am

Absolutely. In fact if I have to be honest I am kinda rooting a bit for Lucrecia. There is just something so evil about her(especially when you take in account her past and what she did with her father in law)

You are a better man then me. I really want to see the bitch go down. She is just the worst(speaking of have you seen Community yet?)

Yeah I also heard about this. It certinly seems to be the case her. And when you think about he actually seemed very happy as a gladiator

Me too. I expected that they had replaced the soldiers and would try to fight their way out of the arena but holy shit...the arena and the romans almost literally being swallowed by the flames....wow. Just wow
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:02 am

You know after watching Sons of Anarchy a thought came to me. Lucrecia vs Gemma... But yeah I can see why you'd be rooting for her. Hell I can't help but root for her.

Yeah well perhaps its just I hate seeing a pretty girl in such pain... Also no I have yet to see Community. Have to admit it never seemed like my kind of show. But after hearing you talk about it and suggesting it I will have to check it out. Hell last time I ignored it I later regretted with Arrested Development.

Yeah I was just not expecting to see that... like at all.

Oh tonights episode was great aswell.

First off. YAY Spartacus and Gannicus fought. While rather brief it... well it was something I have always been interested in seeing. Not only did they fight, but they fought as I hoped they would. Both dual weilding.

I feel bad for Crixus though. You can tell he wants to help Naevia in any way he can but seems to be struggling in how to comfort her. I guess he is going to learn you can't always solve a problem with a sword.

Ashur... Holy shit. That man can fight! When he was surrounded by Glaber's men I was hoping he'd kick some butt... but I almost couldn't believe it. The only times we have ever seen him fight were when he was paired up with another in Gods of the Arena. He also seemed to rely more on cheap tricks then anything else. While he did throw sand to gain the upper hand, but after that it was just him and only him. I loved how he confessed that he was considered the the lowest fighter.

I was also surprised as to why Ashur was gathering up those men. I thought he was going to use them to hunt down Spartacus. Sort of level the playing field. But nope, they took out poor seppius. A move Batiatus would approve of.

Great episode.

I do hope this isn't the last we see of Gannicus this season. Oh and I am looking forward to their attack on umm Neapolis to get more fighting men. Should prove to be both bloody and fun. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:11 am

LOL I would pay money to see this. I have to say I felt bad about Lucrecia today. I don't think she saw it coming with Ashur. But I think every hit she takes just makes her even more dangerous. You know I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she is the one who ultimately leads to Spartacu's defeat

You really should. Community is pretty much exactly like Arrested Development(except maybe a tiny bit crazier). It takes an episode or two to get into the spirit but one your in the zone it's awesome. That and there is always
Spoiler:

I loved it as well. Although I was a bit surprised how well Sparatacus did. Gannicus also seemed oike the best when it came to duel wielding. And I really liked that it was an indecided

Also I love that they finally remembered that bows existed in this universe Wink

Great point. I like that they didn't give them a simple easy solution it will be interesting to see how their relationship progresses

Absolutely. It really goes to show just what other level gladiators are. Kinda reminds me of 300 where they were talking about how they were relying on each other as brothers. I wonder if this is the case here as well. With the Romans being used to fight together and in proper formation while the gladiators are basically beasts ready to take everyone with every weapon and every situation

This was a very interesting twist. Although I wonder if Spartacus isn't indeed the next target. These guys seem more suited to take on gladiators. By the way they seem to put a very special attention on the Egypatian. Have we seen him before?

Well they are not really following history super precisely but even so I am guessing Gannicus has a big big role to play yet. And I can't wait to see it. I kinda love what kind of a cynical ass he was. Although realistic is probably more fitting then cynical
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Rex wrote:LOL I would pay money to see this. I have to say I felt bad about Lucrecia today. I don't think she saw it coming with Ashur. But I think every hit she takes just makes her even more dangerous. You know I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she is the one who ultimately leads to Spartacu's defeat

I'd probably pay money to see it a few times. Yeah I felt bad for her aswell. Hell I didn't see that coming at all. It seemed almost out of character for him. I mean not that he isn't capable but he always seemed to try and be my submissive about things until the right moment. But I also like that this show isn't that predictable. You never know whats going to happen in the next episode.
Damnit why did you have to remind me that his rebellion actually fails? Well I think Slaves were treated better afterwards but still. Sad

As for Community I will have to try and get to it soon. Started watching Justified and am really enjoying it.

I loved it as well. Although I was a bit surprised how well Sparatacus did. Gannicus also seemed oike the best when it came to duel wielding. And I really liked that it was an indecided

What are you joking? Obviously Spartacus is the superior! Which of course is why such fights never actually end. Have you ever noticed that? If two characters like these end up fighting its almost always stopped before any clear winner. They are almost always stopped in the middle of it. But you are right. Gannicus has more experience with dual weilding. While Spartacus is fairly new to the style and since the start of season 2 has abandoned the fighting style.(well I tell myself its because of the lack of weapons they have.)

Also I love that they finally remembered that bows existed in this universe Wink

Yeah I was wondering where the bows were at. They are a very useful weapon afterall.

Great point. I like that they didn't give them a simple easy solution it will be interesting to see how their relationship progresses
I am hoping it works out for the best. Smile

Absolutely. It really goes to show just what other level gladiators are. Kinda reminds me of 300 where they were talking about how they were relying on each other as brothers. I wonder if this is the case here as well. With the Romans being used to fight together and in proper formation while the gladiators are basically beasts ready to take everyone with every weapon and every situation

I definitely agree.

This was a very interesting twist. Although I wonder if Spartacus isn't indeed the next target. These guys seem more suited to take on gladiators. By the way they seem to put a very special attention on the Egypatian. Have we seen him before?

No I don't remember seeing the Egyptian at all. But I am excited to see what he is really capable of doing. Probably right about spartacus being the next target. If anyone could take on the Gladiators its these guys. Wouldn't mind seeing an episode where Spartacus and them are on the run from these guys.

Well they are not really following history super precisely but even so I am guessing Gannicus has a big big role to play yet. And I can't wait to see it. I kinda love what kind of a cynical ass he was. Although realistic is probably more fitting then cynical

Yeah I am sure he is going to come back soon. I almost forgot that he lost his umm... wooden sword with all his victories on them. Proof that he is a freeman and that Glaber has it now. I am curious as to know what Glaber plans with it.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:13 am

Tonights episode was great. Though I was sorta sad to see Neapolis more of a get in and out as fast as possible... but it did provide some great tension amongst the rebels. Though it seems like Agron is the only one who can't seem to really look past the racial issues for the most part. At every chance he seems to express his disapproval of Crixus and the Gaols. Crixus seems to only hate Agron because of lying about Naevia's fate and now just seems more on the defense fearing that Agron's people will unbalance things to much. But then maybe he is just racist like everyone else.

OK I got to ask. Is it even possible to kill someone like that with an iron sword? I mean... there have been alot of brutal ang gory deaths on Spartacus but that one is one not so easily forgotten....

Also we get to see Mira fight that one blonde chick which was a nice little treat. I guess I really just like her character. Of course the subject of whether or not Spartacus loves her is brought up again. Poor Mira. Sad

Speaking of other Women.... I really feel bad for Lucrecia. I really REALLY hope she has some brilliant plan to deal with Ashur. But speaking of Ashur... he continues to be a lot of fun to watch. I just love to hate this bastard.

Gannicus. I wonder what pushed him over the edge? Up until the very end of the episode it seemed like he was still against the whole rebellion. What exactly caused him to take that extreme step(and oh my goodness Gannicus is more of a beast in battle. Some of those corpses were not only headless but limbless aswell.) Was it seeing that woman from the whorehouse? Was it Lucrecia's proposal?

Though I wonder if perhaps Gannicus plans to bring Illythia to Spartacus to balance the scales. A Wife for a Wife in hopes that would end this rebellion. Of course... well I guess we won't know until the next episode.

I almost expected that the wagon Agron and his kin had sacked was actually Ilythia's. But I was expecting that from the start. Not that it would be gannicus but that something would happen on the road.

Also its good to see Naevia starting to learn to defend herself. She really has changed since the start of the series. But after what she went through it be hard to find someone who wouldnt be drastically changed.

Oh and Oenomaus! Good to see he is finally ready to join the rebellion. At first it struck me odd that he would so readily join again... but I suppose it isn't to surprising.

anyways great series. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:58 am

Absolutely agreed. Great episode.

Yeah I kinda wished they had shown more. I mean with all those new fighters I would think they could free the other two ships and do some damage before leaving. I mean Rome would know either way so why not go for the jackpot?

Lol I think they kinda all hate each other a bit but not really actively except for a few like Agron

I mean pretty sure it is. Especially from someone strong. But I am also pretty sure it won't be a clean cut but look more like a meatgrinder or something. For something so clean you need a katana or other really sharp quality sword

Lol I kinda love how crazy the new blonde seemed.

Me too. But on the bright side I am glad to see she is back to her scheming. And now without any allies left I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes even more dangerous then ever. As for Ashur I don't see good things for him. It was his job to keep an eye on Gannicus and I am guessing this failure will cost him a lot

I think Gannicus simply knew that he had no other choice. Glaber wouldn't let him go free. Lucrecia just confirmed this. And I don't think he would ever turn against his brothers so when he saw the opportunity to save them(finally let Spartacus have his vengance) he took it. And it was awesome. So very much him. All insane and bloodthirsty

Agreed. Although I think it's kinda silly to see Neavia trying her hand with a sword. I mean come on. She was a house slave and then she was malnourished in a mine. And evne if she was fully healthy it takes years to master the sword. For her to try and take any solider with a sword is kinda silly. I think she stick with the bow

Lol Oenomaus was cool. And I really like Luga(?) the guys is hilarious(although I think he might have overdone it a bit with the steroids. Seriously those veins look like they would burst any moment)

P.S By the way did you notice who the now faceless guy is?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Rex wrote:Absolutely agreed. Great episode.

Yeah I kinda wished they had shown more. I mean with all those new fighters I would think they could free the other two ships and do some damage before leaving. I mean Rome would know either way so why not go for the jackpot?

Well I think that was Agron's doing. Maybe Spartacus only wanted to raid one ship, but he gave the scouting to Agron and he choosed the one with his people instead. Spartacus didn't quite seem to know about the other ships until after the fact.

Lol I think they kinda all hate each other a bit but not really actively except for a few like Agron

Yeah your probably right. Lets hope they can work out whatever the difference is and remember who the real enemy is. lol

I mean pretty sure it is. Especially from someone strong. But I am also pretty sure it won't be a clean cut but look more like a meatgrinder or something. For something so clean you need a katana or other really sharp quality sword

Yeah I was thinking you'd definitely need a pretty sharp and strong sword for that. Swords in general weren't all that sharp. Too sharp and you risk ruining the blade faster. But either way... it was a great kill.

Lol I kinda love how crazy the new blonde seemed.

Oh yes I am definitely looking forward to more of this blonde.

Me too. But on the bright side I am glad to see she is back to her scheming. And now without any allies left I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes even more dangerous then ever. As for Ashur I don't see good things for him. It was his job to keep an eye on Gannicus and I am guessing this failure will cost him a lot

Yeah but for all her scheming she just seems to be out manuevard by someone else, mainly ashur. But I am sure Ashur will end up dying a horrible horrible death. Though I doubt anything big will come out of Ilythia's capture. At least nothing he wont beable to slither his way out of.

I think Gannicus simply knew that he had no other choice. Glaber wouldn't let him go free. Lucrecia just confirmed this. And I don't think he would ever turn against his brothers so when he saw the opportunity to save them(finally let Spartacus have his vengance) he took it. And it was awesome. So very much him. All insane and bloodthirsty

Well I feel like an idiot. Of course thats why he'd do it. But your right, he would never turn on his brothers no matter how much he disagreed with them. Well not to the point of fighting against them anyways.

Agreed. Although I think it's kinda silly to see Neavia trying her hand with a sword. I mean come on. She was a house slave and then she was malnourished in a mine. And evne if she was fully healthy it takes years to master the sword. For her to try and take any solider with a sword is kinda silly. I think she stick with the bow

But what takes years from normal training, could take mere months under the teachings of just about any gladiator there, especially Crixus. But... you are right. I can't see Naevia being all healed up after the mines. But I don't think she is expected to be on the front lines or anything. More of a last resort. I think its more to give her a sense of peace then anything else. It also allows Crixus to do something to help her.

Lol Oenomaus was cool. And I really like Luga(?) the guys is hilarious(although I think he might have overdone it a bit with the steroids. Seriously those veins look like they would burst any moment)

P.S By the way did you notice who the now faceless guy is?

Maybe I am a bit tired, but which one was Luga? Also what do you mean by faceless guy? For some reason I feel I really should know that... but for some reason I can't. I am being rather dense at the moment. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:47 am

May I just say how insanely psyched I was about the finale? It was so perfect.

Lucrecia back to plotting. Asher being a bastard. Illythia and Glaber being monsters together was great enough but the rest...

I love seeing how Spartacus decided to get them to bond. And even though it was unfair(I mean come on it was like setting bears against dogs) seeing Gannicus and Oenamaus fighting together against Crixus and other was awesome. I am so glad they are approaching friendship again

I also loved that we saw more of Luga(short muscled german guy that talks hilariously Smile ) As was seeing more of crazy blonde chick. I don't know what is it about violently crazy girls but I am really really into them. I know not healthy

But what I loved most of all was the end. Now this this is the TRUE ROME! So far we got just some little skirmishes as if they are two gangs fighting each other. And the other Praetor seemed to be going the same way but Glaba? Oh man now that was pure beauty. That's how Rome works. Using artilerry to grind them from afar. Sending non roman shock troops out front. Dear they using pilas!! This was so beautiful. Finally we got to see the true power of Rome. The thing that made them the overwhelming machine that crushed anything in it's path and Spartacus was no exception

I really really really can't wait to see the final. It will be glorious!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:14 am

Oh I agree with everything! Wait... the finale is next week? I thought we had a few more episodes to go. Luckily Game of Thrones returns soon to fill this hole.

Oh I agree about the blonde chick. Also I gotta love that small kiss between her and Mira. But I swear if it goes into another freaking teasing thing I am going to be annoyed. Yes I know, everytime Lucrecia and Illythia kiss... even though most of the time its more of friendship thing then anything else... it bugs me. Razz

But yeah. Crazy chicks are awesome.... from afar. Razz

The whole bonding thing was great too. What better way to strengthen bonds, especially ones of gladiators, then to have them beat the crap out of eachother? I gotta love how Luga(I think) says about umm Little Man(why am I so bad with names?) fighting like a giant.

But what I am really loving is the Egyptian. He is just scary. First he overpowers Crixus. Now if I had to name the one person who was strongest amongst the group it be Crixus.

Then there was the Egyptian vs Oenamaus. While strong I think I'd have to place him down as more agile. They kept outmanuvering eachother but finally the Egyptian won. Poor Oenamaus Sad

So not only is he strong but he poses as a hard target to hit.

My guess is that we will see him fight Gannicus. Both prefer two weapons and Gannicus is scary good with this swords. But I have a feeling that he will end up losing to the Egyptian. Of course this is the finale I guess so... maybe it will be Spartacus vs Egyptian(was he ever given a name?) Oh I do want to see that fight!

Also yes we finally get to see Romes true strength. And Glaber didn't hold anything back. In fact it almost seems like dumb luck that Spartacus has gotten this far. Well ok so they have mostly been in the Temple and have yet to do much.

Oh please! Spartacus is totally going to win this! I mean the story of Spartacus has been told so many times he deserves to win this time. Razz

Also the whole thing with glaber, ilythia, and seppia... wow. Thats alot of blood. Great scene. Hell there wasn't anything bad about this episode(or any episodes really)

Why can't they have like 20 or so episode seasons? Sad

Better yet! Why can't they work the actors and everyone else nonstop? Forget breaks for different seasons! (kidding. That would suck for them)
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:37 am

I must say I am absolutely astounded at just how good the ending was. It was just mind blowing. Where to start.

First Mira. Poor girl. I liked her but let's face it this was always meant to be her fate. Spartacus can't have love.

What perhaps astounded me the most was the Naevia moment. This was so perfectly handled that I really couldn't believe it. I mean even normal shows have a very very hard time writing well for female characters and considering Spratacus is a show where rarely you can go without woman randomly losing their tops I really didn't expect that they would handle this so well. First they didn't magically make her some super ninja fighter. In fact the fight with Ashur looked just like what I expected to look between a woman who had a few weeks of training vs a gladiator even an injured one. It was desperate it was hopeless and yet through sheer rage she manged to do it. And even more impressive was the sheer respect not just Crixus but everybody showed her. They knew she stood almost no chance and yet even at the moment where she was a second before death they didn't dishonor her wishes by interfering. I mean seriously even so called progressive shows set in the 21st centiury rarely show woman this level of respect and good writing.

Very well done.

As for Ashur oh man. I loved it. The snake died the way he lived. He tried creating his own brotherhood but he couldn't because of his very nature. He was a snake who got everything he accomplished through manipulation and that's what cost him his life at the end. He didn't have any brothers. And the one who followed him were bought so easily by Glaba it was almost like a joke.(great moment by the way. Loved Ashur's expression when Glaba so easily outmaneuvered him and relived him of his man). And lastly I have to say it was great to see Ashur die at the hands of one his victims who was no longer a victim but I also to say that that he had a good death. He didn't whimper and beg for mercy. He didn't try to run or bragain. He knew his faith and was a dick to the last. Way to stay true to who he is

Also I must say I love the plan. Turning Rome's own most valauble weapon against them was a brilliant move. I expected them to sneak out or for Glaba to make a mistake and fight an uphill battle so I was pleasantly surprised at just how well Spartacus found a solution. This was ingenious. And if this wasn't good enough now only do they have the armor and weapons of the Romans but they also have their artillery which is invaluable in actually raising an army

As for Oenamaus I will miss him a lot. He was truly one of the best but I am glad that he died a good warriors death with his best friend now a best friend again by his side. This was a really touching scene

Now as Gannicus man I love this guy. There is something so hilarious about him. I loved that he grins like a madman no matter what the odds or the situation is. I half expecting him to have swiped some wine out of somwhere

And last but least(was that the phrase) Lucrecia. Oh lovely lovely Lucrecia. I had lost hope. The entire season I was loving the idea of her working some plan of her own but lately with Ashur and the way she fawned over Ilythia I had grown to believe the worst. That she really was broken to the point where she is just a nobody anymore. Just someone looking to set themselves up. But I was wrong. Oh so wrong. She was broken all right. But she was broken beautifully . As a curse from the underworld she came back for the child stolen from her. It kinda really clicked when she was slaughtering everybody just how crazy she was the entire time

Oh man I feel like there is so much more to say but I don't know how. Needless to say Spartacus exceeded my every hope and expectation. Brilliant work. Truly this was the Wrath of The Gods!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:32 am

Now that was a season finale!

I mean... I am almost speechless by how awesome this finale was.

Lets start with Lucrectia. For awhile I was wondering what her plan was. In fact I was starting to doubt she had a plan at all. But tonight revealed it... and I was just amazed by it. I was stumped as to why she wanted to go to Rome so desperately, other then the fact that she might want to escape Capua once and for all. I was wondering if she would kidnapp Illythia's baby and raise her as her own... yeah well that part was right. Seeing her on the cliff I was starting to think that she was going to toss the baby over the cliff as revenge against Illythia for barring the door during the season 1 finale. But nope... what we got proved just how insane she really was. I almost didn't believe it until she was falling.

Mira... I liked Mira. I really really did. When will the Romans learn? If you are going to kill someone, make sure it's not someone Spartacus cares deeply for. Razz

Speaking of Spartacus... I was a bit disappointed in how fast he managed to take down the Egyptian. He just seemed like an unstoppable force. It would later take both Oenamaus and Gannicus to take him down...

Oenamaus. Damnit did this season finale have to take out almost all of my favorite characters in one go? Out of all the deaths Oenamaus is the only one that truly took me by surprise. Personally I was hoping to see him be an even more badass now that he is blind in one eye with a cool scar... At least he is with his wife now. Smile But on the other hand it was great to see him and Gannicus take down the Egyptian together. One last fight as brothers. Smile

Ashur. Fucking Ashur. I guess I saw his death coming once he was on top of the mountain but still I was really sad to see him go. He is just one of those characters you can have alot of fun hating. Though I am surprised that Naevia could actually win against him. Her attacks seemed to wild and Ashur wasn't even trying.

But I did love that she cut off his head and then told Crixus it really isn't all that easy. Just as she was hacking away I was thinking "I really hope she brings that up' because I found that small scene where Crixus is sort of bragging to impress Naevia in Blood and Sand awkwardly cute. Nice call back. Smile

Glaber is finally dead! But with his death legions will come after Spartacus. I am really hoping that the show returns we will see Spartacus command a much larger force. Maybe an awesome montage to show him freeing slaves from a variety of different places.

Though it feels odd. I mean we will pretty much have to be introduced to an entirely new cast of characters on the Roman side. I mean... anyone who was a Roman from the past two series is pretty much dead.

I was a bit disappointed with the whole Sepia and Seppius. I thought they'd play a much larger role in Vengeance during the first episode. Sorta feels like that at the start, but then they decided to change their minds or something.

Why is it that the catapults are ALWAYS left ungaurded or with just a guard or two that die within a few seconds? Well sometimes they are something other then catapults but you know what I mean. That one thing that is important and could be used against their owners are almost always easily captured.

Though in this instance it does make sense. I mean Glaber thought there was only one way down the mountain. Most of his men were probably stationed near there away from the catapults. Oh well it was just nice seeing them in use against the romans. Razz

I really can't wait for the next series. Sad

I am probably forgetting to mention somethings. Such as Crixus wanting to help Naevia and knowing that she has to do this on her own and some other stuff like Lucretia drops the red wig where Gaia(its original owner) was tossed over after her death.

Oh and it's a shame that the rest of Rome will never know of Illythia ordering her guards to close off the house and let everyone die... oh well.

Great season finale. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:04 am

I had written up my post and had hit send but turns out you beat me too it. Instead of modifying my post I will just make another one. Smile

Rex wrote:I must say I am absolutely astounded at just how good the ending was. It was just mind blowing. Where to start.

First Mira. Poor girl. I liked her but let's face it this was always meant to be her fate. Spartacus can't have love.

Definitely agree. She was always going to die. Sura's(his wife) remarks about how Spartacus will never love another woman was always present during the scenes between Spartacus and Mira. It was a good death though. Smile

What perhaps astounded me the most was the Naevia moment. This was so perfectly handled that I really couldn't believe it. I mean even normal shows have a very very hard time writing well for female characters and considering Spratacus is a show where rarely you can go without woman randomly losing their tops I really didn't expect that they would handle this so well. First they didn't magically make her some super ninja fighter. In fact the fight with Ashur looked just like what I expected to look between a woman who had a few weeks of training vs a gladiator even an injured one. It was desperate it was hopeless and yet through sheer rage she manged to do it. And even more impressive was the sheer respect not just Crixus but everybody showed her. They knew she stood almost no chance and yet even at the moment where she was a second before death they didn't dishonor her wishes by interfering. I mean seriously even so called progressive shows set in the 21st centiury rarely show woman this level of respect and good writingVery well done.

I definitely agree with you. Hmm I thought I had commented more on this then I did but I can't seem to find it. But I agree with just about everything here. That whole scene was fantastic.

As for Ashur oh man. I loved it. The snake died the way he lived. He tried creating his own brotherhood but he couldn't because of his very nature. He was a snake who got everything he accomplished through manipulation and that's what cost him his life at the end. He didn't have any brothers. And the one who followed him were bought so easily by Glaba it was almost like a joke.(great moment by the way. Loved Ashur's expression when Glaba so easily outmaneuvered him and relived him of his man). And lastly I have to say it was great to see Ashur die at the hands of one his victims who was no longer a victim but I also to say that that he had a good death. He didn't whimper and beg for mercy. He didn't try to run or bragain. He knew his faith and was a dick to the last. Way to stay true to who he is

Agreed. Seriously is there nothing we don't agree on here? Razz

Also I must say I love the plan. Turning Rome's own most valauble weapon against them was a brilliant move. I expected them to sneak out or for Glaba to make a mistake and fight an uphill battle so I was pleasantly surprised at just how well Spartacus found a solution. This was ingenious. And if this wasn't good enough now only do they have the armor and weapons of the Romans but they also have their artillery which is invaluable in actually raising an army

Oh I didn't consider them being able to take the catapults. I kept thinking that 'Well if they needed weapons and armor and other supplies they are good for awhile' Though I wonder if they will keep the artillary. I just don't see them being able to move them. Their numbers have really dwindled... but then again who knows. It's always fun seeing the enemies weapons used against them. Razz

As for Oenamaus I will miss him a lot. He was truly one of the best but I am glad that he died a good warriors death with his best friend now a best friend again by his side. This was a really touching scene

Definitely a great warrior's death. I couldn't picture a better death for him and that last moment between him and Gannicus really was touching. Smile

Now as Gannicus man I love this guy. There is something so hilarious about him. I loved that he grins like a madman no matter what the odds or the situation is. I half expecting him to have swiped some wine out of somwhere

Gannicus is definitely one of my favorite types of characters. When he dies I hope he has a big grin on his face and laughing as he takes every roman down with him. It should be really fun... though I am hoping that his death isn't for a long time. Razz

And last but least(was that the phrase) Lucrecia. Oh lovely lovely Lucrecia. I had lost hope. The entire season I was loving the idea of her working some plan of her own but lately with Ashur and the way she fawned over Ilythia I had grown to believe the worst. That she really was broken to the point where she is just a nobody anymore. Just someone looking to set themselves up. But I was wrong. Oh so wrong. She was broken all right. But she was broken beautifully . As a curse from the underworld she came back for the child stolen from her. It kinda really clicked when she was slaughtering everybody just how crazy she was the entire time

The phrase is 'Last but NOT least.' The word Not is pretty important to the phrase, as it means while it's last it isn't unimportant compared to the others.

Same. I had lost hope with her. That's a great way to put it. Broken beautifully. The whole sequence was fantastic. Mixed in with the final fight between Spartacus and Glaber.

Oh man I feel like there is so much more to say but I don't know how. Needless to say Spartacus exceeded my every hope and expectation. Brilliant work. Truly this was the Wrath of The Gods!

Amen to that. Smile

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down