Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartacus- Blood and Sand

2 posters

Go down

Spartacus- Blood and Sand Empty Spartacus- Blood and Sand

Post by Unit7 Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Finally finished the first season of Spartacus- Blood and Sand.

The fights just only got better, the acting was beyond impressive, the characters all seemed full of life. As the season grew on I grew to love the blood bath. At first how blood was used in this series bugged me. It looked far to CGI for my liking. But I watched and I grew to love it for all its bloody worth. I watched the audience at the Arena and at first I was a bit... uh revolted. Seems so barbaric, but I suppose if I lived in such a time and place I could easily see myself losing a small fortune beting on the Gladiators, and enjoying every moment of it.

Another thing that grew on me was the use of nudity. At first I was more then a tad annoyed. But I too found this to only make the series more. I suppose female slaves during those times weren't exactly covered and only seemed to draw me into the story. So I guess I am just a bloodthirsty horny man after all. Who knew?

I loved all the backstabbing, the betrayal, the plotting, revenge the cold heartedness of it all. Secrets, conspiracies to raise to power, it was a great watch one I look forward to rewatching. As I feel this is one of those series I will easily rewatch in the future.

Again the action was amazing. I also have to admit Spartacus's change in weapons was also a bonus. A huge one too. I am a sucker for dual swords afterall. Its no wonder that such characters often find themselves at the top of my favorites list.

Last edited by Unit7 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Spartacus- Blood and Sand Empty Re: Spartacus- Blood and Sand

Post by Rex Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:08 pm

Lol yeah the sex scenes can get a bit silly at times but when you think about it in a way it really embodies the theme of the show. After all that was the whole point of th gladiators. Pure basic entertainment for the crowds. And in a way Spartacus is all about this. Once you get over the initial silliness Spartacus is pretty consistent about it and the random nudity kinda becomes part of the very show itself. Kinda like Deb's cursing on Dexter. That and it's always fun to see Xena naked Smile

I think it's going to take a while. From what I understand the actor portraying Spartacus got cancer so for now they were planning first a prequel maybe with another actor or something along these lines
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Rex wrote:Lol yeah the sex scenes can get a bit silly at times but when you think about it in a way it really embodies the theme of the show. After all that was the whole point of th gladiators. Pure basic entertainment for the crowds. And in a way Spartacus is all about this. Once you get over the initial silliness Spartacus is pretty consistent about it and the random nudity kinda becomes part of the very show itself. Kinda like Deb's cursing on Dexter. That and it's always fun to see Xena naked Smile

I can see what you mean. When I posted this I had only seen the first 3 or so episodes. Just finished episode 5, where Spartacus and uh whats his face had to fight as one to beat Thyocoles. Which was a great episode and fight. Also I have to admit the hype about him was not a let me down.

I think it's going to take a while. From what I understand the actor portraying Spartacus got cancer so for now they were planning first a prequel maybe with another actor or something along these lines

Oh that sucks. I did a bit of googling and wasn't aware that the person mentioned was the one with cancer. That really sucks. I don't think I have ever seen him aside from Spartacus.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down