Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Blood

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

True Blood Empty True Blood

Post by Soap Tue May 10, 2011 6:46 pm

--

Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soap
Soap

Back to top Go down

True Blood Empty Re: True Blood

Post by Rex Wed May 11, 2011 1:05 am

True Blood is indeed awesome but to me the best parts are these:

The one and only Jessica Hamby

True Blood Tumblr_lfzcavkNva1qaho1po1_500

She is beyond awesome. She started out as eye candy/comedic relief but she grew up to be so amazing. To me she has by far the best storyline and character development. Way better then Sookie

The other great part is Eric Northman

True Blood Tumblr_l5n51fvxB61qcs3sko1_400

A true vampire. The way they should be. He doesn't go for bullshiit brooding thing. Nor does he attempt some silly mass murder thing. He doesn't need to. He is who he is . A very impressive character

And then there is Pam, Lafayette, Jason who always gets the funniest line. So much more to True Blood. I love them all. Except for Tara. Fuck Tara

True Blood Tumblr_lkv7xy0rrd1qcs3sko1_500
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 am

I have yet to see True Blood. Sad

Though I really really should... sexy redheaded vampires. What's not to like? Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap Wed May 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Rex wrote:True Blood is indeed awesome but to me the best parts are these:

The one and only Jessica Hamby

Unit7 wrote:I have yet to see True Blood. :(

Though I really really should... sexy redheaded vampires. What's not to like? :D

She's my favorite character and such an amazing actress.

Didn't like Jason, found his character to have guessable plots. Did you read the novels?

Fun fact: In the novel series Lafayette is an alcoholic and gets killed. They thought he was a likable character, so they kept him around.
Soap
Soap

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 am

OH hell yes! Finally a REAL trailerl with actual footage!!

P.S Will be back later to talk more about True Blod and give more reasons to Unit to watch it then a hot readheaded vampire!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap Thu May 12, 2011 5:13 pm

I love Alicide, the actor is wonderful.

Unit, watch True Blood- that way me, you, and Rex here can bond. By "bond" I mean have someone else to talk to about it.
Soap
Soap

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed May 18, 2011 12:10 pm

Unit7 wrote:I have yet to see True Blood. Sad

Though I really really should... sexy redheaded vampires. What's not to like? Very Happy

Unit let me correct you there. It's not one. It's two. We have the lovely Jessica that you see in my signature and then we have Sophie Ann.

True Blood Evan-rachel-wood_l

She enjoys the femoral blood of a good human woman,playing the the most egalitarian game in the world aka Yahtzee, trying to win the loterry, finding ways to evade the IRS(one of the nasty side effects of vampires being in the open. Even they got to pay taxes) but she hasn't enjoyed sex with men since the Eisenhower administration
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu May 19, 2011 9:23 pm

So after waking up and realizing Torchwood is over for now, I thought of shows I could watch. I was a bit aprehensive of watching True Blood. Why? Well after this, I really have no interest in any other show. Which for me is a bit of a pain in the arse. Because it means that I am back to waiting a week or so for new shows to catch up and... that and I wasn't sure if I would enjoy True Blood. It always interested me, I mean it seemed like a show where vampires are done right. So what's not to like? But of course I wasn't sure if it would keep my interest. I started off watching Vampire Diaries but I quickly lost interest.(for whatever reason. Not sure why)

So it's better to have it on my list, then to quickly scratch it off with nothing else to watch. Or something. You know what. Screw it. Ignore this first part.

So I started watching True Blood and I really love the show so far. I love Sooki's character. Which is rather odd. I can easily picture her being the type of character that would just piss me off. But for whatever reason it seems to work. That and she's hot.

Bill Campton(almost called him Bill Campbell... lol) gotta love that name. Was just awesome when Sooki made fun of it. Wasn't sure what to think about this character. I immediately liked the character, but I wasn't too sure if I would enjoy watching him be more or less the good guy(as far as such things go) or enjoy watching him as a more or less bad guy. But hey, atleast he doesn't sparkle.

Tara... Awesome. That is all.

Tara's Cousin(whose name I am not quite sure) is also awesome.

Jason: Well I hate him. He's a real douche. Though I have to wonder where I'd fall into the whole thing with Vampires. I mean right now I am all with Sooki and would readily defend them. But... that's rather different then real life. Still, I don't like him anyways.

EDIT: OK So I don't mind Jason to much now.

Sam(that his name) I enjoyed him thinking outloud to that dog about wanting Buffy or Blade to deal with the vampires. I thought he was going to be the kind of character who is in love with the main, but sorta keeps his distance and doesn't really act on it. then I saw him... pretty sure it was him... sniffing Dawn's bedspread and shit. Creepy.

Grandma: She's also kinda cool. Kinda nice to see her being far more opened minded about Vampires then the rest of the town. Almost seemed like she was twenty when she was around Bill and learning about his family and theirs back in the 1800's.

Great show so far and looking forward to more. Smile

Also.

Damn the both of you. I will have to add a few more books to my reading list. Did you know there are like a 150 or so Doctor Who books? Pfft I'm gonna be an old man before I finish half them. lol

Of course I have to find them first but that's beside the point....

Thank you very much for encouraging me to watch the series. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri May 20, 2011 7:13 am

It's over? Did you watch Children of Earth as well?

Lol. I have similar thought processes sometimes. I have put off some shows for years because of this

I am surprised. Sookie and Tara are usually considred the weakest parts of the show by most fans. If you like them then you will really really enjoy this show. Which episode are you at?

Lol yeah. Lafayette. Did you watch the part with the burget yet?

Lol not really. The boys is just really dim. He looks like a douche at the beginning but really he is a harmless idiot and he will get some of the most hilarious lines. That and if you watch the scene with him and Tara in the hospital Karma gets him back for his douchy behavior. Hard Wink

Sam doesn't have much action in the 1 season but thee are some interesting moments with him down the road when his past comes to bite him

Did you saw Eric and Pam yet?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri May 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Rex wrote:It's over? Did you watch Children of Earth as well?

Yeah saw Children of Earth too. Actually it's my second time seeing it. When I watched it around the time it first premiered I thought it was mostly just a miniseries of sorts. I figured that the story wouldn't need knowledge of the past episodes, and I already knew who Jack Harkness was. So I watched it. But I had forgotten alot of what happened so I watched it a second time. It's really amazing

Lol. I have similar thought processes sometimes. I have put off some shows for years because of this

Good to know. Smile

I am surprised. Sookie and Tara are usually considred the weakest parts of the show by most fans. If you like them then you will really really enjoy this show. Which episode are you at?

Really? I mean I could understand Sookie, but Tara too? Well I don't know about the rest of the fans. But I have enjoyed their parts in the series so far. Maybe something will change in episodes to come but I can't think of anything bad about them. Especially Sookie. Maybe it's because she is naive about things or well no. I think it's more the fact that she knows far to much. Everyone who has any sort of dislike for Vampires thinks they are better then them. She points out severtal times, atleast early on, that humans and vampires are not so different. When a human brings up killing... well what the hell do they think humans have been doing for the past couple millenia?

So some may think she is the weakest part, but from what I have seen she has made most of the show enjoyable. But I have only seen most of season 1. I think she makes a great character to focus on in such a setting. Right now I have to admit she is the one character has held my interest in the show.

As for Tara. She so far has had some great emotional scenes and some hillarious ones.

Lol yeah. Lafayette. Did you watch the part with the burget yet?

Took me a google search to realize you had a typo. Most typos I just read right over. Though sometimes while reading a book I pause and think 'How did that get past a proof reader?' been noticing them quite a bit in Game of Thrones. But atleast at first glance they look right. Even if they are missing a couple of letters. Icewind Dale Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore and some of his other books have some horrible typos in it.

Anyways. Yeah I saw the Burger part. Was great seeing him easily kick the asses of those red necks. Razz

Lol not really. The boys is just really dim. He looks like a douche at the beginning but really he is a harmless idiot and he will get some of the most hilarious lines. That and if you watch the scene with him and Tara in the hospital Karma gets him back for his douchy behavior. Hard Wink

Yeah I guess after he was pretending to rape Dawn he sorta got listed under 'Asshole of the series' But he has redeemed himself sorta. And yeah I saw the hospital karma bit. Oh that's gotta suck big time.

Sam doesn't have much action in the 1 season but thee are some interesting moments with him down the road when his past comes to bite him

Well I am looking forward to that. But right now I still don't like him much. lol

Did you saw Eric and Pam yet?

Eric seems like an interesting character and possible villian of sorts. Pam is... well Pam is hot(She the one with the face vault? Don't remember her name really, but I thought she was hot)

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap Fri May 20, 2011 6:55 pm

--

Last edited by Soap on Sun May 25, 2014 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Soap
Soap

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat May 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Soap wrote:I'm glad you picked up the series! The books though, they are an easy read but not as likable. The only reason I picked them up was because I was left in a cliffhanger when the last season ended.

Oh I know that feeling. cliffhangers suck big time. I was like that with Game of Thrones... well sorta. I just couldn't wait to see what came next so I picked up the book. lol

Found Tara to be waste of time. Didn't find anything very interesting, and often cringed when it got around to her time in the episode. Great actress though.

I thought she was great at the start of the series, but I can see what you mean now.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat May 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Started watching season two today and I am not sure if I should laugh or cry that Jason has become the golden boy of the Church of Day or whatever. Also an RPG? seriously? I mean I like Jason now but letting him touch and RPG that seems loaded is like... a bad idea.

But seriously. The Church of Day is one creepy ass organization. It just seems they are training them just to die. I mean no offense but unless it's during the day having 500 hundred(or whatever the high vamp count was) after you is pretty much a situation where your fucked. Absolutely fucked.

The whole organization seems about as ill prepared as they come. Oh sure they got the silver and know a stake through the heart will do the trick. They even have a small little arsenal.

But yeah. It just seems kinda sad with them pretending to play soldier.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun May 22, 2011 9:16 am

You are already there? Nice. Lol you do you saw the part with Jason's theory on Jesus being the first vampire?

Yup. Few things seem to be able to match a vampire. Speaking off what do you think of Mary Anne so far

I thought she was great at the start of the series, but I can see what you mean now.

Now that I think about it I think I might have liked Tara at the beginning as well but she really lost all her goodwill quickly
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun May 22, 2011 9:35 am

Rex wrote:You are already there? Nice. Lol you do you saw the part with Jason's theory on Jesus being the first vampire?

Yeah well I even finished Season 2. God damn I need to get a life. Though I did end up staying a bit to late watching. Oh well today is only my sister's graduation/partythingamajig.

Yeah Jason's theory on Jesus was brilliant. Though I suppose he isn't the first. It's just hillarious that these guys were so anti-vampire and apparently good christians that he twisted their own doctrine against their cause. Jason might not be the brightest tool in the shed, but atleast he understands even he can twist the bible in such a way.

Yup. Few things seem to be able to match a vampire. Speaking off what do you think of Mary Anne so far

Mary Anne for the most part was fun to watch as she turned the whole town into chaos. That and she was one messed up person. Though parts of that story kinda dragged as I was more interested in what was happening in Texas. But overall it was fun.

Oh the Queen is also a great character. I loved the look on Bill and Erik's face when they were playing Yahtzee. Can't wait to see what she is up to... that and just can't wait to see more of her. Wink

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun May 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Well how the frak that happen? You know as much as I love a good love story, I tend to enjoy knowing how it all ends. I broke one of my cardinal rules when it comes to shipping. Don't. Just watch and see how it all plays out. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy a particularly pairing and hope for the best. But... well theirs that and then there is actually 'joining' a team.

Of course I always preferred to have my MC's end up with those they start out with. This seems to overlap into movies/TV. I mean if their is a love interest that seems to be dominate towards the begining and they end up with someone else it just sorta bugs me.

I mean it be like if Micheal and Fiona wouldn't end up together in the end... well that is if he were ever to settle like that. It bug the hell out of me.

But yeah. I need to remember not to break that damn rule. Too annoying otherwise. =/
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Yeah well I even finished Season 2. God damn I need to get a life. Though I did end up staying a bit to late watching. Oh well today is only my sister's graduation/partythingamajig.

Lol hey it's no so bad. True Blood does have British season length Razz Where are you now?

Yeah Jason's theory on Jesus was brilliant. Though I suppose he isn't the first. It's just hillarious that these guys were so anti-vampire and apparently good christians that he twisted their own doctrine against their cause. Jason might not be the brightest tool in the shed, but atleast he understands even he can twist the bible in such a way.

Lol you gotta admire the poor dull boy. He really has balls to say something like this or...not enough brain cells to predict possible consequences.

Mary Anne for the most part was fun to watch as she turned the whole town into chaos. That and she was one messed up person. Though parts of that story kinda dragged as I was more interested in what was happening in Texas. But overall it was fun.

I liked that although she was strong by herself( I imagine deflecting bullets with her bare hands is not easy) her main power seemed to be essentially controlling the crowd. It was fun to see the town turning against them. Lol speaking of what did you thin of Jason in the role of the God Who Comes?

Oh the Queen is also a great character. I loved the look on Bill and Erik's face when they were playing Yahtzee. Can't wait to see what she is up to... that and just can't wait to see more of her.
She sure is. And how did you like Jessica? The other stunnign redhead Very Happy

Well how the frak that happen? You know as much as I love a good love story, I tend to enjoy knowing how it all ends. I broke one of my cardinal rules when it comes to shipping. Don't. Just watch and see how it all plays out. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy a particularly pairing and hope for the best. But... well theirs that and then there is actually 'joining' a team.

Did you go on the Bill/Sookie or the Jessica/Hoyt bandwagon?

I mean it be like if Micheal and Fiona wouldn't end up together in the end... well that is if he were ever to settle like that. It bug the hell out of me.
Don't even say that. That would be insane. Michael and Fiona are practically made for each other. That's like saying that Sam would give up beer. It's just crazy!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu May 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Rex wrote:
Lol hey it's no so bad. True Blood does have British season length Razz Where are you now? [[[[[\,]'

Yeah that's true. I am actually finished with the third season, now I just gotta wait for season 4. lol

Lol you gotta admire the poor dull boy. He really has balls to say something like this or...not enough brain cells to predict possible consequences.

In the end Jason really did become a favorite of mine and I don't now which he has. But I wouldn't change it at all. lol

Lol speaking of what did you thin of Jason in the role of the God Who Comes?

The whole scene was just great.

She sure is. And how did you like Jessica? The other stunnign redhead Very Happy

At first I wasn't sure if I would like Jessica. I mean when you first meet her as a vampire she decides she wants to go on a killing spree. Which I have no problem with really. But I guess I was a cautious that it end up with Bill blaming himself and how he is responsible for whatever crap she pulled. Or something like that.

But I really ended up enjoying Jessica and she is one of my favorites. That and she's a red head. God I love how this show has a few of them running around. Razz Though it does make me glad I am a guy, would suck to be a virgin for the rest of your eternity.

Did you go on the Bill/Sookie or the Jessica/Hoyt bandwagon?

Well now that you mention it. I do like Jessica and Hoyt together. But I was mostly refering to Bill/Sookie. Not sure why but when I realized that Erik's turn was more or less coming up soon I got a bit defensive. Which is rather sad.

Don't even say that. That would be insane. Michael and Fiona are practically made for each other. That's like saying that Sam would give up beer. It's just crazy!

OK now your just mocking me. Razz

But yeah something like that.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:26 pm

Yeah I can barely wait for the four season. And it looks like this season they might be grouping Jessica and Pam together for a storyline and this makes go...whoa

Lol ditto. He rally gets the best dumb lines. I loved the expression on Andy's face when Jason was musing wheter Sam could change into a chicken and lay an egg

Absolutely. At first I thought she would be only eye candy. Especially with that sexy makeover they gave her in Fangtasia but wow. Talk about great character development. She has become amazing

Well Bill would probably make a comeback as well. You know how it is. Very few series can tolerate a long term realtionship

I miss Burn Notice. TV is so boring right now. Almost all the fun series are on vacation
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Rex wrote:Yeah I can barely wait for the four season. And it looks like this season they might be grouping Jessica and Pam together for a storyline and this makes go...whoa

When does season 4 start? Starting to have True Blood withdrawel. Sad
(though probably not nearly as bad as some people)

Lol ditto. He rally gets the best dumb lines. I loved the expression on Andy's face when Jason was musing wheter Sam could change into a chicken and lay an egg

That whole conversation between Andy and Jason was great. But it's a good question. I mean can he even turn into a female animal?

Absolutely. At first I thought she would be only eye candy. Especially with that sexy makeover they gave her in Fangtasia but wow. Talk about great character development. She has become amazing

Besides eye candy I figured she would be more of an antagonist towards Suki and Bill or something. But her character development and her struggle to sorta get used to what she is has been fantastic... or should I say... fangtastic...

Well Bill would probably make a comeback as well. You know how it is. Very few series can tolerate a long term realtionship

Oh that's for sure. Fiction Romances almost always end up like this. At some point they will have gotten together, broken up, and get back together and... probably break up again. Of course I'd be rather irked if it pulled a Dawson's Creek(is it really lame that I admit that I enjoyed most of that show?)

I miss Burn Notice. TV is so boring right now. Almost all the fun series are on vacation

You know I had been sorta fine without Burn Notice until I saw Fall of Sam Axe... now it's just bugging me that Burn Notice is still on break. I can't wait to see what happens to him next. I mean who leaves a giant cliffhanger like that for a season finale? Oh right... just about every show ever. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:31 am

I am in a bit of hurry now so I will add more later but now I thought I just had to post this Very Happy

True Blood Tumblr_lm8hvdlUtQ1qaho1po1_500
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:27 am

Oh god yes. That's right. It''s Jessica with machine guns

True Blood Alexander-skarsgard-deborah-ann-woll-01

and with a rocket launcher

True Blood Alexander-skarsgard-deborah-ann-woll-02

Now is this season going to be awesome or what!?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:44 am

I think I have the symptoms
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel