Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Blood

2 posters

Go down

True Blood Empty True Blood

Post by Unit7 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:04 am

While I have enjoyed True Blood last season was a really big disappointment... and so was half of season 2. I actually don't remember season 3 but I think I really enjoyed that one as well. At least most of it. But season 1 is probably my favorite.

But so far I have really enjoyed season 5. Not exactly looking forward to the whole Lafayette demon thing though. While might be interesting later on it just sorta seems like one too many storylines. While on one hand it's great that we do get a bunch of different stuff... it can be distracting.

First off I am really loving the whole Vampire Religion and finally seeing the Authority. Also Christopher Meloni as a badass vampire? Awesome. I am actually kinda surprised that the Authority are truly for the whole living in peace with humans. While I guess not all of them are but... I mean I almost expected it to be the opposite. As of episode 6. I am pretty sure the head
Authority dude was the only one who seemed to truly want vampires to mainstream.
I sorta wish True Blood showed us a larger scale. I'd love to see the Sanguanistas revolting in other parts of the world. I sorta wanna see the whole equality movement for vampires to take a sudden nose dive and see a war breaking out. But something tells me that is not happening…

oh wait. Just finished episode 6. Hmm I really should just rewrite this entire thing. Oh well. Looks like Mainstreaming is about as dead as it gets. I wonder how many of the other Authority were against the Guardian guy? Sad to see Christopher Meloni’s character die in this episode. Sad But it should be interesting to see Russell Edgington in power.

Speaking of Russell. Seriously why didn’t they just kill him? I don’t remember the ending of season 3 all that much… but surely being not only an enemy but also far more powerful than just about another known vampire pretty much means you don’t dick around. Screw the punishment and just stake the asshole. Oh well. lol

Ok seriously. What is up with that Fairy Brothel place? I am very interested in knowing just exactly what the fairies are up to. Hopefully maybe a bit of a war between Fairies and Vampires. Then again who knows.

Also that Reverend Guy from the Fellowship of the Sun. My god when he came out to Jason that the most hillarious thing I have seen in a long time. That whole part of the episode was just hillarious and... well really unexpected.

Tara... god damnit.
Ok maybe she will turn out to be an interesting character again this season. I mean Vampire Tara? So far it hasn't been too bad. But I was sorta hoping for her to actually bite the dust. Alright so since I wrote that part I have seen more episodes. Still not liking her that much. Then again she hasn’t really done anything other than try and kill herself and then forced to feed.

Erik Northman... Hmm he has a hot sister too bad she is with the enemy. Sad But no seriously what is up with all that pseudo incest in this show?
So a Vampire killed Suki and Jason’s parents? Ten bucks says it was Bill or maybe Erik. I mean come on. What better way to stir a shit load of drama then that? Also is it just me or has everyone just assumed Suki’s parents were killed by a Vampire? Because for some reason… but I pretty much thought that since Bill killed those two dudes who beat up on Suki in the first season. Somehow him explaining Vampires making it appear like a natural disaster to cover up their crimes sorta… I dunno stuck.

Now for Terry. I have always wondered what happened to him over in Iraq. I mean he has been pretty messed up since season 1. Sorta hard to imagine him doing anything like kill an innocent women though. Also everytime I see anything similar to a smoke monster I get a little sad.

Lafayette. Still not too interested in his storyline. Though I got to say I really do love his mother. She seems to linger on that line between bat shit insane and sanity. Then again I suppose seeing visions of stuff probably isn’t good for ones sanity in the first place.
Oh and if there wasn’t too many storylines already we got the whole vigilante guys running around in Obama Masks. At least they were in the recent episode. Though how on earth did they know they were shifters? Nailing some vampires sure. But so far it seems like shifters have gone under the radar. I suppose we will find out next week thanks to Hoyt.
And then some other stuff with the whole Werewolf pact thing.

All in all this is turning out to be one hell of a season. Probably going to be easily one of my favorites. Smile Though I still wish they’d cut back on the other storylines and focus more on the bigger ones. But maybe that’s just me.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

True Blood Empty Re: True Blood

Post by Unit7 Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:58 am

Well things took an interesting twist last sunday... Kinda glad they finally wrapped up the Obama Squad and the Terry's storyline. Though both gave some rather interesting twists into them. I mean... really? I always liked that Sheriff Dearborn or whatever his name is. Sad

Also I was not expecting that Terry would actually go through with killing that guy. I understand why but... I almost expected it to be some sort of test.

Sorta disappointed with Bill. Though I am thinking he has been drugged by Lilith's blood whether anyone actuall knows it or not. He seems to have seriously taken a 180 on the whole mainstreaming. Who would have guessed Erik would have turned out to be the hero in the whole Vampire drama?

Also during the scene where Russel takes the the daughter of Sam's girlfriend was really hard to watch. Where the hell is Buffy when you need to kill a 3 thousand year old Vampire when you need her. Though watching the new pack master pretty much beg for V was disturbing. How on earth could any of those people want a pack leader like that? V most be some seriously powerful stuff.

After seeing the new sherif I am really hoping that at the end of this season that sort of thing isn't tied up in a neat little bow. Because chances are that sort of scene is happening all over the world. I think I have been burned one to many times when it comes to such awesome potential only for it to be wasted...

Sorta like that whole Anson thing on Burn Notice...

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:47 am

Agreed. This season has been great so far.

I especially love that we are getting a deeper glimpse into vampire religion. Lilith is a great mystery to me. I wonder if she is simply an extremely old and powerful vampire who like Godric can actually communicate to a point with the living or something else. Or maybe even nothing at all. Hell I wouldn't be surprsied if Salome is actually the one behind Lilith. It can't be a coincidence that Bill got the visions right after he drank her blood. Maybe she is a fairy like Sookie who was turned into a vampire and she kept some of her abilities?

For Eric it was about vengance if I remember right. When he understood from Godric that even someone like Russel would have peace after death he flipped out

I am guessing they want to breed. Fairy seem like they want to beef up their numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if their numbers give them strength

Agreed. Death to Tara

Agreed. I liked these two small storylines. They give me a Twin Peaks vibe where see these little glimpses of other people's lives instead of just everything revolving around one storyline

Haha I kinda expected it. True Blood has never been the pc type show and the woman was not only a woman but a muslim as well. They can be quite bloodthirsty when it comes to vengance

I think that's because Bill had a crappy maker. He doesn't have that greatness in him like Eric to be able to withstand things like this

Haha well poor Buffy would be rather helpless against these vamps. No the man you need here is Amon....ouch it hurts just thinking what he would do to vamps

Agreed on the humilating part. Jesus the way they begged for it they made the goddamn meth panthers look dignified

Yup. It will be interesting to see how the civil war will go on
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down