Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because...I finally need to share.

+2
scifidawn
MrsJazz
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Because...I finally need to share. Empty Because...I finally need to share.

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:35 am

9 years ago today, a father and son lost their lives along with countless others. Clearly the wrong place at the wrong time.

They were my friends. That son...was more than a friend, actually. I was just 17 years old. He was much older, but that honestly didn't stop us. That son, was my boyfriend. Ironically, a military man. Strong willed. Stubborn. Lively with a bubbly personality. When I lost him, I told myself I would never be with another military person. Fate apparently had other plans for me.

I am a military wife. And, I face 9/11 every single day. In our closet, my husband has bags sitting. Packed and ready to go should God forbid another 9/11 occur.

I will lower our flag today. I'll remember all those lives. Civilian. Military. I'll remember those fallen firefighters brave enough to run in when others were running out. I'll remember that father. I'll remember that son who at one point had my heart.

Instead of fighting and hating. How about doing everything to prevent another 9/11

Last edited by MrsJazz on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Because...I finally need to share. Empty Re: Because...I finally need to share.

Post by scifidawn Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:39 am

MrsJazz wrote:9 years ago today, a father and son lost the lives along with countless others. Clearly the wrong place at the wrong time.

They were my friends. That son...was more than a friend, actually. I was just 17 years old. He was much older, but that honestly didn't stop up. That son, was my boyfriend. Ironically, a military man. Strong willed. Stubborn. Lively with a bubbly personality. When I lost him, I told myself I would never be with another military person. Fate apparently had other plans for me.

I am a military wife. And, I face 9/11 every single day. In our closet, my husband has bags sitting. Packed and ready to go should God forbid another 9/11 occur.

I will lower our flag today. I'll remember all those lives. Civilian. Military. I'll remember those fallen firefighters brave enough to run in when others were running out. I'll remember that father. I'll remember that son who at one point had my heart.

Instead of fighting and hating. How about doing everything to prevent another 9/11

Trista, I am so sorry. And again, thank Adam for his service.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:29 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:9 years ago today, a father and son lost the lives along with countless others. Clearly the wrong place at the wrong time.

They were my friends. That son...was more than a friend, actually. I was just 17 years old. He was much older, but that honestly didn't stop up. That son, was my boyfriend. Ironically, a military man. Strong willed. Stubborn. Lively with a bubbly personality. When I lost him, I told myself I would never be with another military person. Fate apparently had other plans for me.

Thank you Dawn. I appreciate it. I do think of hima lot. A lot more that the day is here. I keep wondering what might have been. I feel bad for thinking in such a way, but my mind can't help but wonder. Thank you.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:41 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

Thank you Dawn. I appreciate it. I do think of hima lot. A lot more that the day is here. I keep wondering what might have been. I feel bad for thinking in such a way, but my mind can't help but wonder. Thank you.

Of course you wonder, and think, and remember. And be glad to be a loving military wife. The men, need strong women like you and my mom....
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:47 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

Of course you wonder, and think, and remember. And be glad to be a loving military wife. The men, need strong women like you and my mom....

Thank you Dawn. I was so young 17. He was much older. He had just turned 24. So, it was...definitely not allowed. He would always joke that when I turned 18, that was it, he was marrying me. And, he would retire out of the military and become a commerical pilot. We would have a private lear jet and we would travel where ever I wanted to go. lol.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:48 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

Thank you Dawn. I was so young 17. He was much older. He had just turned 24. So, it was...definitely not allowed. He would always joke that when I turned 18, that was it, he was marrying me. And, he would retire out of the military and become a commerical pilot. We would have a private lear jet and we would travel where ever I wanted to go. lol.

Was this one Dallas or a different friend?
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:52 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

Different friend. Dallas was my best friend. Sadly shortly after I lost Trystan (lol, that truly was the name on his birth certificate.) Dallas was killed in Feb 2002. I don't think I could have gotten over T and his dad if it weren't for Dallas. Course the guy I dated after T was the abusive one. I didn't want to date anyways and to make matters worse I fell in with the worse kind. I was able to get him a shirt jail sentence. Too short. Because when I turned 19, he was the one who raped me.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:05 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:

Different friend. Dallas was my best friend. Sadly shortly after I lost Trystan (lol, that truly was the name on his birth certificate.) Dallas was killed in Feb 2002. I don't think I could have gotten over T and his dad if it weren't for Dallas. Course the guy I dated after T was the abusive one. I didn't want to date anyways and to make matters worse I fell in with the worse kind. I was able to get him a shirt jail sentence. Too short. Because when I turned 19, he was the one who raped me.

What is it with these creeps? That is one reason, I cannot stand the way tv and people are making women into things instead of human beings, made the likeness of God with dignity and value. Women have hearts, souls and minds, not just boobs and a@@. (By the way, I do not like to see men objectified either, for the same reason. They have value beyond body parts.) Good grief.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:07 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

What is it with these creeps? That is one reason, I cannot stand the way tv and people are making women into things instead of human beings, made the likeness of God with dignity and value. Women have hearts, souls and minds, not just boobs and a@@. (By the way, I do not like to see men objectified either, for the same reason. They have value beyond body parts.) Good grief.

I think some men and some women alike are just idiots. That or they have been brought up to think things like this are perfectly ok. In this case, Ryan (his name) thoought the abuse was perfectly ok and normal.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:14 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:

I think some men and some women alike are just idiots. That or they have been brought up to think things like this are perfectly ok. In this case, Ryan (his name) thoought the abuse was perfectly ok and normal.

Sadly, our whole media promotes this kind of objectivation. (Forgive my lousy spelling.) Now, I think you understand why I battle ABC and it's nonsense so deeply. Oh, by the way, no, I have never been raped. (I have VERY strong legs, and I am strong enough to throw some dude against a wall, unless he is really big. Remember, I used to weight lift and I was the second strongest in the gym.)
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:18 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

Sadly, our whole media promotes this kind of objectivation. (Forgive my lousy spelling.) Now, I think you understand why I battle ABC and it's nonsense so deeply. Oh, by the way, no, I have never been raped. (I have VERY strong legs, and I am strong enough to throw some dude against a wall, unless he is really big. Remember, I used to weight lift and I was the second strongest in the gym.)

I am verys trong as well. Given I was a vol firefighter. But, I jsut couldn't get hime off me. I sometimes wonder if he wasn't drunk (he swore in his testimony that he was drunk and under the influence.) But, given that I would have been able to easily get him off me since his balance would have been off.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:21 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:

I am verys trong as well. Given I was a vol firefighter. But, I jsut couldn't get hime off me. I sometimes wonder if he wasn't drunk (he swore in his testimony that he was drunk and under the influence.) But, given that I would have been able to easily get him off me since his balance would have been off.

That is true. You would be strong. Hey, you are probably even stronger than me, since you are also taller. He probably lied. And I never buy the under-the-influence excuse. If "influence" influences a person in the wrong way, then te is still ultimately responsible for allowing the influence to happen.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:24 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

That is true. You would be strong. Hey, you are probably even stronger than me, since you are also taller. He probably lied. And I never buy the under-the-influence excuse. If "influence" influences a person in the wrong way, then te is still ultimately responsible for allowing the influence to happen.

In my heart I know he was not drunk or high. He did it because he wanted to. I could have easily fought him off had he been under the influence of anything. Ryan wasn't much bigger than me. I was taller (He was probably 5'9" I'm 6") If his body was intoxicated, he would have been floored. I am strong, but somehow that night he was stronger than me.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:27 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:

In my heart I know he was not drunk or high. He did it because he wanted to. I could have easily fought him off had he been under the influence of anything. Ryan wasn't much bigger than me. I was taller (He was probably 5'9" I'm 6") If his body was intoxicated, he would have been floored. I am strong, but somehow that night he was stronger than me.

Yes, a drunk can more easily be floored. Maybe had a strength enhancing drug?
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Speaking of 9-11, have you watched any of the stuff about it today. There was something that always impresses me. When the president was told, in the classroom of children, you could see his sober face, yet he did not leap up and scare all the children or teacher. That took a lot of self control.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:30 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

Yes, a drunk can more easily be floored. Maybe had a strength enhancing drug?

I don't think I'll ever know. I don't trust him, either way. He did what he did. I think he lied through most of his questioning if you ask me. Said I was willing at first or something to that affect. That I had suddenly changed my mind. I don't think so. I was never willing. The thought of it is repulsive.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:31 pm

scifidawn wrote:Speaking of 9-11, have you watched any of the stuff about it today. There was something that always impresses me. When the president was told, in the classroom of children, you could see his sober face, yet he did not leap up and scare all the children or teacher. That took a lot of self control.

Yes, he was so calm and collected about it. He did not let on what he knew was bad. I don't think I could have done that.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by SamIAm Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:33 pm

I am so sorry.
I know how you feel though. I lost my uncle on 9/11.
I was only 9 in 2001. And 9 years later, I can still remember it so clearly.
I was sitting in class. School had just started a few days ago. We were reading at our desks, just like any other morning. We heard a crash. Nobody had any idea what it was. It was distant, but it was loud enough for the whole building to hear. After a couple of seconds, the lights went out. The teacher told us all to stay in our seats while she went into the hall to talk with another teacher. We still had no idea what was going on. About 20 minutes later, we heard another crash. The second one was a little bit louder. After about another 5 minutes, the principal came into the room and told us that all of our parents were being called to come pick us up. We were all thrilled. We didn't want to spend the day in school. But the kids still didn't know what had made the crashing sounds, why the lights went out, or why we were being sent home. We knew that something was wrong.
My mom came and got me from school. She was there within 2 minutes. Apparently she had been coming to get me even before the school called her. My dad was working in Manhattan, only a few blocks away from the World Trade Center. My mom had tried to call him, but he wasn't picking up. We drove to the north most part of Staten Island, where you can see Manhattan across the water. I was able to see the second tower, on fire and collapsing. A sight I can never get out of my mind. We sat there in the car for a couple minutes, my mom crying. That's when my mom's phone rang. It was my dad. By complete coincidence, he had been in Brooklyn picking up a package for his job when the towers were hit. He came home safely that night.
But two days later, I walked upstairs to find my mom laying in bed crying with the phone in her hand. My uncle worked in the World Trade Center. Him and his best friend had been in a room with about a dozen children. My uncle made sure that all of the children got out of the building through a window. He insisted that his best friend get out before him. His friend made it out, but just in time. My uncle couldn't escape, and his was trapped in the building.

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:38 pm

SamIAm wrote:I am so sorry.
I know how you feel though. I lost my uncle on 9/11.
I was only 9 in 2001. And 9 years later, I can still remember it so clearly.
I was sitting in class. School had just started a few days ago. We were reading at our desks, just like any other morning. We heard a crash. Nobody had any idea what it was. It was distant, but it was loud enough for the whole building to hear. After a couple of seconds, the lights went out. The teacher told us all to stay in our seats while she went into the hall to talk with another teacher. We still had no idea what was going on. About 20 minutes later, we heard another crash. The second one was a little bit louder. After about another 5 minutes, the principal came into the room and told us that all of our parents were being called to come pick us up. We were all thrilled. We didn't want to spend the day in school. But the kids still didn't know what had made the crashing sounds, why the lights went out, or why we were being sent home. We knew that something was wrong.
My mom came and got me from school. She was there within 2 minutes. Apparently she had been coming to get me even before the school called her. My dad was working in Manhattan, only a few blocks away from the World Trade Center. My mom had tried to call him, but he wasn't picking up. We drove to the north most part of Staten Island, where you can see Manhattan across the water. I was able to see the second tower, on fire and collapsing. A sight I can never get out of my mind. We sat there in the car for a couple minutes, my mom crying. That's when my mom's phone rang. It was my dad. By complete coincidence, he had been in Brooklyn picking up a package for his job when the towers were hit. He came home safely that night.
But two days later, I walked upstairs to find my mom laying in bed crying with the phone in her hand. My uncle worked in the World Trade Center. Him and his best friend had been in a room with about a dozen children. My uncle made sure that all of the children got out of the building through a window. He insisted that his best friend get out before him. His friend made it out, but just in time. My uncle couldn't escape, and his was trapped in the building.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I was 17. It was my senior year and I had just walked into my Gov't class. I'll never forget that announcement. I'll never forget thinking, "his flight." I couldn't remember the flight number. Couldn't get ahold of anyone. I didn't find out until later that day. I took it ok, I guess...as I walked back to class I remember just dropping. One of the football players had caught me. After I felt strong enough, I left. I just kept telling myself his flight was ok, that he would be back home soon. Just didn't work out like that. Then I just got angry saying he was too old for me anyways, that I was dumb for even getting involved. That I could have gotten him in trouble. Which I could have. A 17 year old girl with an officer in the military who was 24. Not good. But despite all the reasons why we should never, I still had a good one of why we should...I loved him. I never got the chance to tell him though.

Just an all around bad day.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by kassyjoshnlillian Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:03 pm

I'm so sorry Trista!
Will you please tell Adam thank you?!
kassyjoshnlillian
kassyjoshnlillian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:04 pm

kassyjoshnlillian wrote:I'm so sorry Trista!
Will you please tell Adam thank you?!

I will. Thank you.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:33 pm

That is so sad Trista. This really had my eyes watering. Can you tell Adam that I said thank you Smile
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:37 pm

joselin4life wrote:That is so sad Trista. This really had my eyes watering. Can you tell Adam that I said thank you Smile

I will tell him and thank you Smile I will say it's been 9 years before I've mentioned about about him. It feels good to talk about him again.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:41 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
joselin4life wrote:That is so sad Trista. This really had my eyes watering. Can you tell Adam that I said thank you Smile

I will tell him and thank you Smile I will say it's been 9 years before I've mentioned about about him. It feels good to talk about him again.

Thanks for telling him. Youre welcome.

It is good that you're finally talking about him Smile
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:43 pm

joselin4life wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:

Thanks for telling him. Youre welcome.

It is good that you're finally talking about him Smile

I've always told myself it could have never worked. I was 17, he was 24. But, he always said, when I turned 18 that was it, he was marrying me, lol.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum